Fordham taking forever to reply Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JoshHK

New

Re: Fordham taking forever to reply

Post by JoshHK » Fri May 08, 2009 10:53 am

silenziatori wrote:Knowing how long Fordham can take sometimes with their mailings, I would go ahead and submit the LOCI and not wait for the letter.
thanks! will drop it off in person on monday.

opera... are you out there? any advice on these in-person drop-ins?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri May 08, 2009 11:35 am

PM'd you, Josh.

Monaco

New

Post by Monaco » Fri May 08, 2009 11:37 am

Did anyone hear from Fordham today?

amyraydun

New

Post by amyraydun » Fri May 08, 2009 11:41 am

Hello friends, I too am one of the WL-ers patiently waiting. Opera, when you got in I almost had a heart attack and called admissions right away to be told updates would be early this week. Have heard nothing.

How do we feel about sending (another) LOCI now? Are they already through the WL just not updated the responses or are they still not even half way through? I am thinking about dropping one in the mail right now in hopes it gets there Monday. But what if today we hear something? (What if everyday I think I might hear something?)

I want it so so bad. Gah

JoshHK

New

Post by JoshHK » Fri May 08, 2009 11:52 am

Monaco wrote:Did anyone hear from Fordham today?
umm... i don't know what just happened because i thought i posted this already... but my mind is still spinning and i am still shaking...

fordham just called me. conversation went something like this:
F: hi this is xxxxx from fordham law school (i really don't remember her name because i was already freaking out)
me: hi.
F: we're just calling to find out if you're still interested or if you've already made other plans. me: oh okay. yes, i'm definitely still interested.
F: great. your file is going into review today.
me: that's great. but i checked my status earlier this week and it said i was placed on the wait list.
F: oh. i honestly don't know. the dean just put your file on my desk and said to call you.
me: okay. does that mean it's going into review for a second time?
F: probably, yes. i'm sorry, it's been a very hectic admissions season.
me: i understand. thanks so much for calling.
F: no problem. good luck.

-----

uh.... what do i make of this...?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Fri May 08, 2009 11:56 am

Seems like a good sign to me. Good luck!

amyraydun

New

Post by amyraydun » Fri May 08, 2009 11:57 am

JoshHK wrote:
umm... i don't know what just happened because i thought i posted this already... but my mind is still spinning and i am still shaking...

F: hi this is xxxxx from fordham law school (i really don't remember her name because i was already freaking out)
F: we're just calling to find out if you're still interested or if you've already made other plans. me: oh okay. yes, i'm definitely still interested.
me: that's great. but i checked my status earlier this week and it said i was placed on the wait list.
F: oh. i honestly don't know. the dean just put your file on my desk and said to call you.

-----

I would take it as a good sign.

Monaco

New

Post by Monaco » Fri May 08, 2009 12:00 pm

JoshHK wrote:

-----

Damn.... That's a good sign for you dismal for me

Good Luck!!!!

Lilac529

Bronze

Post by Lilac529 » Fri May 08, 2009 12:03 pm

JoshHK wrote:

-----

Really good sign. I am jealous.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JoshHK

New

Post by JoshHK » Fri May 08, 2009 12:06 pm

thanks guys... yeah, hopefully it's a good sign... i'm holding off on dropping $500 to visit Colorado next week....

how i'm going to finish work today i have no idea....

good luck to the rest of you...

danielfgator

Bronze

Post by danielfgator » Fri May 08, 2009 12:09 pm

I finally heard from Fordham today.
Nice lady called and asked me if I was still interested in the PT division. I had switch my app from PT to FT but according to the lady FT was fulled and I could only be considered to PT.
I told her I was interested and she said my file was going to the committee right now.

Complete 1/7. Still no initial decision....

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Fri May 08, 2009 12:12 pm

JoshHK wrote:

-----

what are your stats, if you don't mind me asking?

Monaco

New

Post by Monaco » Fri May 08, 2009 12:12 pm

danielfgator wrote:I finally heard from Fordham today.
Nice lady called and asked me if I was still interested in the PT division. I had switch my app from PT to FT but according to the lady FT was fulled and I could only be considered to PT.
I told her I was interested and she said my file was going to the committee right now.

Complete 1/7. Still no initial decision....

OMG I am dying inside

(Light on phone just came on heart started pounding.... sorry no call just email coming through...damn it! )

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JoshHK

New

Post by JoshHK » Fri May 08, 2009 12:15 pm

pammy1985 wrote:
JoshHK wrote:

-----

163/3.4. see profile for LSN link.

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Fri May 08, 2009 12:28 pm

JoshHK wrote:
pammy1985 wrote:
JoshHK wrote:

-----

163/3.4. see profile for LSN link.
I'm honestly going to cry. Do they know what the hell they're putting us through? I haven't gotten any response whatsoever since going complete on 1/30. Not even WL...no indication that they even looked at my application. I'm so tired of it all! :cry:

lawlschoolcandid

New

Post by lawlschoolcandid » Fri May 08, 2009 12:38 pm

I'm honestly going to cry. Do they know what the hell they're putting us through? I haven't gotten any response whatsoever since going complete on 1/30. Not even WL...no indication that they even looked at my application. I'm so tired of it all! :cry:
Call or e-mail them. Since they're contacting people to see who's still interested, letting them know you're still interested is probably a good idea.

JoshHK

New

Post by JoshHK » Fri May 08, 2009 12:44 pm

lawlschoolcandid wrote:
Call or e-mail them. Since they're contacting people to see who's still interested, letting them know you're still interested is probably a good idea.
yes. do this.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

amyraydun

New

Post by amyraydun » Fri May 08, 2009 1:56 pm

faxing a loci, good or bad? (in addition to sending it through mail of course.)

danielfgator

Bronze

Post by danielfgator » Fri May 08, 2009 2:33 pm

amyraydun wrote:faxing a loci, good or bad? (in addition to sending it through mail of course.)
I would attach the LOCI as a PDF and email it. Faxing is so 90s.... lol

JoshHK

New

Post by JoshHK » Fri May 08, 2009 2:49 pm

danielfgator wrote:
amyraydun wrote:faxing a loci, good or bad? (in addition to sending it through mail of course.)
agreed. :) put the text in the copy of an email and leave a note saying "i've attached this letter as a PDF for your convenience" (hint hint).

picardb2

New

Post by picardb2 » Fri May 08, 2009 3:02 pm

I hope you get in because I'm hoping for some luck to swing my way as well! If you don't get accepted to the part-time program, chances are I might not either.

Stats:

GPA: 3.0 (Psych, yechhhh. . .), UC-Riverside
LSAT: 167
Other: 5+ years of full-time work experience (I'm 30) working in investment management. Have my Series 7 & 66 licenses. Worked with Project Angel Food (AIDS-related charity) in Los Angeles for 2 years, and moderately fluent in French. I am hoping my work experience shows the maturity and work ethic I have developed since college and that I can contribute as a law student to an institution somewhere in the Top 20-30.

Any suggestions on what I can do to boost my chances? LORs? Retake the LSAT in September?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

OracleFromOregon

New

Post by OracleFromOregon » Fri May 08, 2009 10:53 pm

Wow, I just realized what a law school app neophyte I am when I had to do a google search on "LOCI acronym for what?" Shazbot!

I received a very thoughtful email and phone call today from admissions, the latter method of communication asking if I was still interested, the former telling me that they were only considering applicants with stats above the current mean (166/3.67.) My mood has gone from lugubrious to elated to cautious in the past 12 hours. Allegedly, I'll be notified within a week and will be sprouting grey hairs until then.

I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up. But, I do have a bottle of vintage Duetz in the refrigerator with "Fordham" written on it. I'd like it to be opened for a celebratory occasion, not a Drowning of the Sorrows.

Oooohh sleepless nights, here I come!

OracleFromOregon

New

Post by OracleFromOregon » Fri May 08, 2009 11:06 pm

picardb2 wrote:I hope you get in because I'm hoping for some luck to swing my way as well! If you don't get accepted to the part-time program, chances are I might not either.

Stats:

GPA: 3.0 (Psych, yechhhh. . .), UC-Riverside
LSAT: 167
Other: 5+ years of full-time work experience (I'm 30) working in investment management. Have my Series 7 & 66 licenses. Worked with Project Angel Food (AIDS-related charity) in Los Angeles for 2 years, and moderately fluent in French. I am hoping my work experience shows the maturity and work ethic I have developed since college and that I can contribute as a law student to an institution somewhere in the Top 20-30.

Any suggestions on what I can do to boost my chances? LORs? Retake the LSAT in September?
Picard - you sound a lot like me (minus your handsome LSAT, and old age, (please take that as a joke, I'm a 24 year old smart ass).) I'm licensed as well, applied for PT, and am "moderately" fluent in French. Fordham is my top choice and I haven't received a decision yet on my app. I, too, hope that my work experience and "soft" stats are considered. It sounds like you can hold out until next year, do you think you can significantly up your LSAT in the meantime?

OracleFromOregon

New

Post by OracleFromOregon » Fri May 08, 2009 11:24 pm

danielfgator wrote:

Seriously, I think delivery via homing pigeon would be more advanced than a... fax. Why don't you just dictate the letter, burn it to a laserdisc, and send that? :D

pammy1985

Bronze

Post by pammy1985 » Sat May 09, 2009 7:28 pm

OracleFromOregon wrote:Wow, I just realized what a law school app neophyte I am when I had to do a google search on "LOCI acronym for what?" Shazbot!

I received a very thoughtful email and phone call today from admissions, the latter method of communication asking if I was still interested, the former telling me that they were only considering applicants with stats above the current mean (166/3.67.) My mood has gone from lugubrious to elated to cautious in the past 12 hours. Allegedly, I'll be notified within a week and will be sprouting grey hairs until then.

I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up. But, I do have a bottle of vintage Duetz in the refrigerator with "Fordham" written on it. I'd like it to be opened for a celebratory occasion, not a Drowning of the Sorrows.

Oooohh sleepless nights, here I come!
Wait are you talking about PT or FT? I'm so upset. I need these ppl to finally reject me so that I can just go to BLS and get it over with.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”