In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:12 pm

tvaddicted wrote:I just looked at the facebook group and it dropped from 153 to 150...i dont know if this means anything for us....
[taps fingers together, strokes cat] "Gooood, goooooood"

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:18 pm

Has anyone still not heard back from Cornell after being put on reserve?

gogators

Bronze

Post by gogators » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:57 pm

i finally got my letter putting me on the waitlist today. it was dated the 29th.

TopLaw_Diva

New

Post by TopLaw_Diva » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:59 pm

Hey All!!!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I received an email this morning from admissions saying that c/0 2012 is full :( .

"As I'm sure you're aware, the first-year class is completely filled and we've had to place many very promising candidates on our waiting list..."

Sorry!! I'm not sure if this means they're not taking anyone off the waitlist because they requested that all the admitted students send an email confirmation if they will be attending in the fall. So maybe if some of those folks don't respond they will open it up. Let's hope so :wink:

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:58 am

gogators wrote:i finally got my letter putting me on the waitlist today. it was dated the 29th.
did your status checker change at all from your original decision date?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gogators

Bronze

Post by gogators » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:34 am

tvaddicted wrote:
gogators wrote:i finally got my letter putting me on the waitlist today. it was dated the 29th.
did your status checker change at all from your original decision date?
Yes, it changed to the 29th.

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:48 pm

TopLaw_Diva wrote:Hey All!!!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I received an email this morning from admissions saying that c/0 2012 is full :( .

"As I'm sure you're aware, the first-year class is completely filled and we've had to place many very promising candidates on our waiting list..."

Sorry!! I'm not sure if this means they're not taking anyone off the waitlist because they requested that all the admitted students send an email confirmation if they will be attending in the fall. So maybe if some of those folks don't respond they will open it up. Let's hope so :wink:
Thanks for the info. I still have not received a decision yet from being on reserve, and now that I have this info I am thinking that the decision can only be a reject or waitlist at this point.

TopLaw_Diva

New

Post by TopLaw_Diva » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:05 pm

Thanks for the info. I still have not received a decision yet from being on reserve, and now that I have this info I am thinking that the decision can only be a reject or waitlist at this point.
You're welcome...this is just the email that they sent out the admitted students so take that fwiw :?

icebeam17

New

Post by icebeam17 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:48 pm

Sure its full NOW but once again if a spot opens up at HYS later this summer for a cornell student you can bet your ass that the waitlist will see some movement =). I'm sure my current law school is full too but I'd jump ship August 19th (orientation) if Cornell sends me a letter :mrgreen: It's simply a (continuation of the) waiting game and I'm not giving up hope till I walk through the door for day 1 of classes!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:51 pm

icebeam17 wrote:Sure its full NOW but once again if a spot opens up at HYS later this summer for a cornell student you can bet your ass that the waitlist will see some movement =). I'm sure my current law school is full too but I'd jump ship August 19th (orientation) if Cornell sends me a letter :mrgreen: It's simply a (continuation of the) waiting game and I'm not giving up hope till I walk through the door for day 1 of classes!
amen.

udlordly

New

Post by udlordly » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:19 pm

I still don't have a final decision after being put on reserve in January. I called a couple weeks ago and was told I was back in committee and that I should hear soon, but still nothing... Anyone else?

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:12 pm

udlordly wrote:I still don't have a final decision after being put on reserve in January. I called a couple weeks ago and was told I was back in committee and that I should hear soon, but still nothing... Anyone else?
I am in the same boat...I was put on reserve and still haven't heard back and my status checker hasn't changed yet...I think everyone else on TLS has heard back, though.

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:24 pm

tvaddicted wrote:
udlordly wrote:I still don't have a final decision after being put on reserve in January. I called a couple weeks ago and was told I was back in committee and that I should hear soon, but still nothing... Anyone else?
I am in the same boat...I was put on reserve and still haven't heard back and my status checker hasn't changed yet...I think everyone else on TLS has heard back, though.

not me.

you are not the only one.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jrod

New

Post by jrod » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:05 pm

I haven't heard back but got the 6/29 decision change. But I'm expecting a letter in mail. Also, the admit lady told me that no one is being let off from reserve, although she anticipates the possibility of several openings before orientation. I mean... someone has to get them.

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:33 pm

jrod wrote:I haven't heard back but got the 6/29 decision change. But I'm expecting a letter in mail. Also, the admit lady told me that no one is being let off from reserve, although she anticipates the possibility of several openings before orientation. I mean... someone has to get them.
I think there will definitely be some openings before orientation bc some people will probably drop out at the last minute. I just wish they had already sent out all the waitlists and rejects from reserve so I wouldn't have thought I even stood a chance of being let in off of reserve.

latinolaw

New

Post by latinolaw » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:16 pm

let/them/eat/cake wrote:
tvaddicted wrote:I just looked at the facebook group and it dropped from 153 to 150...i dont know if this means anything for us....
[taps fingers together, strokes cat] "Gooood, goooooood"
It's now up to 157 FYI.

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:19 pm

My status just updated to complete..anyone else?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

latinolaw

New

Post by latinolaw » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:45 pm

BTW I just got back from a two day road trip to Ithaca in hopes of getting off the waitlist. I drove all the way from Chicago. I interviewed with Henry Granison (dean of admissions). The campus is amazing and Ithaca, though rural, is the one exception I would make for living in the country. I'm a URM w/161 LSAT 3.54 GPA. My alternative school is BC.

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:47 pm

so how many here went for an interview?

Skyfly1769

New

Post by Skyfly1769 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:00 pm

latinolaw wrote:BTW I just got back from a two day road trip to Ithaca in hopes of getting off the waitlist. I drove all the way from Chicago. I interviewed with Henry Granison (dean of admissions). The campus is amazing and Ithaca, though rural, is the one exception I would make for living in the country. I'm a URM w/161 LSAT 3.54 GPA. My alternative school is BC.
Nice! How was the interview itself?

latinolaw

New

Post by latinolaw » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:12 pm

Skyfly1769 wrote:
latinolaw wrote:BTW I just got back from a two day road trip to Ithaca in hopes of getting off the waitlist. I drove all the way from Chicago. I interviewed with Henry Granison (dean of admissions). The campus is amazing and Ithaca, though rural, is the one exception I would make for living in the country. I'm a URM w/161 LSAT 3.54 GPA. My alternative school is BC.
Nice! How was the interview itself?
I was a bit drowsy because of the long road trip and not as alert as I'd wished to be. He asked standard questions (why XYZ undergrad? why Cornell? why ABC job? 60 seconds to 'sell' myself to the school, etc.). The interview lasted about 40 minutes (I don't know if this is long or short for a law school interview). I didn't strike a particulary comfortable and easy-going conversation with him, which I hope he wasn't put off by. I was professional and clean-cut.

I don't want to be sad about going to BC if Cornell doesn't work out. After that epic road trip it'll be tough to not be let down. We'll see...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

irishgal14

New

Post by irishgal14 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:40 am

Just withdrew from Cornell...hope one of you gets my spot! Good luck!

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:49 am

irishgal14 wrote:Just withdrew from Cornell...hope one of you gets my spot! Good luck!
my new favorite TLSer.

latinolaw

New

Post by latinolaw » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:16 pm

Had you given your deposit? You don't happen to be a URM do you?
irishgal14 wrote:Just withdrew from Cornell...hope one of you gets my spot! Good luck!

Tron

New

Post by Tron » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:19 pm

latinolaw wrote:Had you given your deposit? You don't happen to be a URM do you?
oh whats good you tryin to get one of those spots too?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”