In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
narfkarta

Bronze

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Post by narfkarta » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:41 pm

Last edited by narfkarta on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lisa7n99

New

Post by Lisa7n99 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:52 pm

i was planning on calling toward the end of the day....

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:32 pm

I missed the post where someone said deposits are due tomorrow.

I guess we wont hear anything until next week... :(

damnit.

Tron

New

Post by Tron » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:07 pm

pope gregory...help...get me off this damn reserve

--LinkRemoved--

NYCWolverine

New

Post by NYCWolverine » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:09 pm

Not that it means anything but...is anyone else's status checker down?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:13 pm

Yup my status checker is down too.

Lisa7n99

New

Post by Lisa7n99 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:15 pm

mine does that like every other day. they are reviewing now and we should hear any day now is what they said on the phone.......admits are by email/phone, anything else is by letter.

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:16 pm

And I sort of have a bad feeling about this because all of the people who have been accepted off reserve had no change with their statuses online. Instead, they got phone calls. I think that they are going to start rejecting or waitlisting a lot of people from reserve now, and that some of our statuses will have new complete/decision dates.

Lisa7n99

New

Post by Lisa7n99 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:20 pm

would anyone be willing to call and see if seats are still available? that'd be the only way to know. i'd be happy to except i keep using up all my self-allotted phone calls.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MissMaroon

Bronze

Post by MissMaroon » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:24 pm

Lisa7n99 wrote:would anyone be willing to call and see if seats are still available? that'd be the only way to know. i'd be happy to except i keep using up all my self-allotted phone calls.
My status checker is a-ok.

But yes, I'll call. Gimme a sec.

NYCWolverine

New

Post by NYCWolverine » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:29 pm

MissMaroon wrote:
Lisa7n99 wrote:would anyone be willing to call and see if seats are still available? that'd be the only way to know. i'd be happy to except i keep using up all my self-allotted phone calls.
My status checker is a-ok.

But yes, I'll call. Gimme a sec.
Never mind, mine is back to normal. Wow, I think im losing it.

MissMaroon

Bronze

Post by MissMaroon » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:38 pm

Alrighty, whatup reservees, here's the 411 as of 5 seconds ago:

The woman who answered the phone does not know whether or not the class is full, but she does know that many reserve candidates are being re-reviewed right now. As of a couple weeks ago, there was a handful of spots available, and so some offers went out, but she does not know the status of the class at the moment. She then offered to look up my file and see if it has been pulled. After checking, she said it has been pulled and is currently in review. She said decisions will be reached on all files very soon, and these decisions will come in the form of letters, though if there are anymore acceptances to be made, those will be offered via email.

As I said, she checked my personal file, so I'd GREATLY appreciate it if you guys could hold off for awhile on calling to check your personal status because she knows who I am and will know who just inspired all of TLS to flood her phone line....

Hope this helps!

Lisa7n99

New

Post by Lisa7n99 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:45 pm

thank you very much. should we expect that status checker to change either way when the decision does come?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MissMaroon

Bronze

Post by MissMaroon » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:52 pm

Lisa7n99 wrote:thank you very much. should we expect that status checker to change either way when the decision does come?
I don't know, and if we should expect that, I don't want to know. I'm happy to be done with status checker madness. Let's just assume it won't change.

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:08 pm

MissMaroon wrote:Alrighty, whatup reservees, here's the 411 as of 5 seconds ago:

The woman who answered the phone does not know whether or not the class is full, but she does know that many reserve candidates are being re-reviewed right now. As of a couple weeks ago, there was a handful of spots available, and so some offers went out, but she does not know the status of the class at the moment. She then offered to look up my file and see if it has been pulled. After checking, she said it has been pulled and is currently in review. She said decisions will be reached on all files very soon, and these decisions will come in the form of letters, though if there are anymore acceptances to be made, those will be offered via email.

As I said, she checked my personal file, so I'd GREATLY appreciate it if you guys could hold off for awhile on calling to check your personal status because she knows who I am and will know who just inspired all of TLS to flood her phone line....

Hope this helps!
Thank you soo much for sharing. :D

riave

New

Post by riave » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:46 pm

MissMaroon wrote:Alrighty, whatup reservees, here's the 411 as of 5 seconds ago:
She said decisions will be reached on all files very soon, and these decisions will come in the form of letters, though if there are anymore acceptances to be made, those will be offered via email.
on TLS, 7 people were offered a spot off of reserve and 5/7 have declined the offer...it would make sense that they still have spots open...i'm sure at this point in the admission cycle they know exactly how many they need to add in order to fill the class, and probably didn't accept more applicants, with that first batch of people off of reserve, than they would have room for.

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:34 am

riave wrote:
She said decisions will be reached on all files very soon, and these decisions will come in the form of letters, though if there are anymore acceptances to be made, those will be offered via email.
on TLS, 7 people were offered a spot off of reserve and 5/7 have declined the offer...it would make sense that they still have spots open...i'm sure at this point in the admission cycle they know exactly how many they need to add in order to fill the class, and probably didn't accept more applicants, with that first batch of people off of reserve, than they would have room for.

Im hoping for more spots. But I bet we will hear next week sometime..

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:36 am

sentinal5656 wrote:
riave wrote:

Im hoping for more spots. But I bet we will hear next week sometime..
yeah, it seems like there are a lot of us on reserve, so hopefully there are enough spots for all of us. one can dream :wink: .

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:12 am

Cornell has a small class size though. So, I dunno.... but i am still hoping nonetheless

narfkarta

Bronze

Post by narfkarta » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:22 am

Last edited by narfkarta on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skyfly1769

New

Post by Skyfly1769 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:29 am

narfkarta wrote:Can someone call and check up...i cant beacuse i bother this poor lady too much i dont want her to hate me
What do you feel you want to know? I spoke with them this morning already.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Lisa7n99

New

Post by Lisa7n99 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:36 am

Skyfly1769, what'd you hear? anything interesting?

gogators

Bronze

Post by gogators » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:37 am

I've already committed myself to the idea that nothing is going to happen until Monday. If the deposits are due today, they really have no reason to call us today. So relax everybody!

Skyfly1769

New

Post by Skyfly1769 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:43 am

Lisa7n99 wrote:Skyfly1769, what'd you hear? anything interesting?
They told me they will be reviewing people until the end of the month in batches, but said there's no particular way that they are put together (standard answer). And that my file is not yet under review, but that it will go in the next batch next week.

But yeah, I'm with gogators on there probably not being much action today since people have until today to pay their deposit.

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:52 pm

Skyfly1769 wrote:
Lisa7n99 wrote:Skyfly1769, what'd you hear? anything interesting?
They told me they will be reviewing people until the end of the month in batches, but said there's no particular way that they are put together (standard answer). And that my file is not yet under review, but that it will go in the next batch next week.

But yeah, I'm with gogators on there probably not being much action today since people have until today to pay their deposit.
sigh. no admits. :(

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”