In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:09 am

MissMaroon wrote:Also, how does the whole interview process work? My letter didn't mention it... Should I just call and ask about it? I'd aboslutely love to do one via phone but I'm not about to trek to Ithaca, NY for something that's probably a lost cause...
phone interviews? all those awkward pauses, trying to decide who goes first, whose 'turn' it is, worrrrying about your mom walking in in the middle of it all....wait, what was I talking about?

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:55 am

let/them/eat/cake wrote:
MissMaroon wrote:Also, how does the whole interview process work? My letter didn't mention it... Should I just call and ask about it? I'd aboslutely love to do one via phone but I'm not about to trek to Ithaca, NY for something that's probably a lost cause...
phone interviews? all those awkward pauses, trying to decide who goes first, whose 'turn' it is, worrrrying about your mom walking in in the middle of it all....wait, what was I talking about?

Exactly. Its a 4 hour drive. But its probably worth it...

Ali

New

Post by Ali » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:56 am

let/them/eat/cake wrote:
lol...I hate the call waiting feature on my cell, it can be annoying sometimes...the beeping sound while on an important call.

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:43 pm

Ali wrote:
let/them/eat/cake wrote:
lol...I hate the call waiting feature on my cell, it can be annoying sometimes...the beeping sound while on an important call.

+1. I really hate that too....

narfkarta

Bronze

Post by narfkarta » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:12 pm

Last edited by narfkarta on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

joebucket

New

Post by joebucket » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:40 pm

narfkarta wrote:
let/them/eat/cake wrote:

you were talking about the day you lost your virginity. but it's not very different from talking to cornell

Um....

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:41 pm

joebucket wrote:
narfkarta wrote:
let/them/eat/cake wrote:

you were talking about the day you lost your virginity. but it's not very different from talking to cornell

Um....
he's either extremely dense or seriously dead-pan. i'm guessing the latter.

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:45 pm

and my status checker finally goes from Decision to Complete.

Reserve----> ?

Good times.

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:05 pm

let/them/eat/cake wrote:and my status checker finally goes from Decision to Complete.

Reserve----> ?

Good times.
Mine is still at decision from March...ugh I just want this to be over already.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MissMaroon

Bronze

Post by MissMaroon » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:51 pm

tvaddicted wrote:
let/them/eat/cake wrote:and my status checker finally goes from Decision to Complete.

Reserve----> ?

Good times.
Just so you know... IT WILL NEVER END. We will all be placed on an even more special waitlist again mid-October, placed on Second Reserve around December, and then our status checkers will return to "applied" next March, at which time we will be asked to submit additional letters of recommendation from law school professors at our second choice schools, followed by an optional waitlist obstacle course held in Antarctica mid-June to gauge our interest. And then the lucky few of us who are deemed worthy will be waitlisted again and told not to call them because they'll call us. Those who do get offered admission after 3 more months of review will only be offered a 6-year deferral and no scholarship money.

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:00 pm

MissMaroon wrote:
tvaddicted wrote:

Reserve----> ?

Good times.
Just so you know... IT WILL NEVER END. We will all be placed on an even more special waitlist again mid-October, placed on Second Reserve around December, and then our status checkers will return to "applied" next March, at which time we will be asked to submit additional letters of recommendation from law school professors at our second choice schools, followed by an optional waitlist obstacle course held in Antarctica mid-June to gauge our interest. And then the lucky few of us who are deemed worthy will be waitlisted again and told not to call them because they'll call us. Those who do get offered admission after 3 more months of review will only be offered a 6-year deferral and no scholarship money.
LOOLLL, ur probably right. :lol:

booker09

New

Post by booker09 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:58 am

i got a letter in the mail telling me i've been moved to their waitlist. (so i went from Reserve --> WL)

uh... yeah. anyone else get this? this is srsly decision purgatory

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:02 am

booker09 wrote:i got a letter in the mail telling me i've been moved to their waitlist. (so i went from Reserve --> WL)

yeah we got a new thread for that. conveniently searchable by the old standby "purgatory". "deux" will also probably get the job done.

i'm done with this thread. moving onto bigger and better things. reserve is so last week.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:24 pm

booker09 wrote:i got a letter in the mail telling me i've been moved to their waitlist. (so i went from Reserve --> WL)

did your status checker change at all?

narfkarta

Bronze

Post by narfkarta » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:10 pm

Last edited by narfkarta on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tothetop

New

Post by tothetop » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:41 pm

is anyone who is on reserve still waiting for an update or has everyone received either waitlist/reject?

sba314

New

Post by sba314 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:44 pm

lol i finally got a waitlist letter, i had totally forgotten that my cycle wasn't technically over yet

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:45 pm

sba314 wrote:lol i finally got a waitlist letter, i had totally forgotten that my cycle wasn't technically over yet
is it technically over now or are you staying on the waitlist?

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:47 pm

tothetop wrote:is anyone who is on reserve still waiting for an update or has everyone received either waitlist/reject?
I am still waiting for an update and my status checker hasn't changed yet.

sba314

New

Post by sba314 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:10 pm

let/them/eat/cake wrote:
sba314 wrote:lol i finally got a waitlist letter, i had totally forgotten that my cycle wasn't technically over yet
is it technically over now or are you staying on the waitlist?
yep cornell was the last school i had yet to hear from. not staying on; i'm already set on another school i like better 8)

cougarlive

Bronze

Post by cougarlive » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:24 pm

tvaddicted wrote:
tothetop wrote:is anyone who is on reserve still waiting for an update or has everyone received either waitlist/reject?
I am still waiting for an update and my status checker hasn't changed yet.

I spent the last month off the law school grid (i.e. not compulsively checking tls and lsn)--and it turns out I am one of the few whose decision went from decision (reserve) to complete (with my
old complete date). I guess I'll call tomorrow and figure out where I'm at and whether or not to bother with LOCI #3.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

m_habib

New

Post by m_habib » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:26 am

As of Tuesday, June 23 my online status checker has gone to "Decision" again... No phone call :(

DaveDude

New

Post by DaveDude » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:16 am

Here. There must be at least a couple of us. Admissions tells me to expect an updated decision by middle or end of next week.

microoli

New

Post by microoli » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:41 am

WAAAAIIIIIITTTTTLIIIIIISSSSSST. They don't know how many are on the waitlist or how many spots may become available. Things change so much, you know?

I want Cornell so bad, but I'm missing out on all the sweet leases. Tough call. Not tough enough to withdraw, though.

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:58 am

I just looked at the facebook group and it dropped from 153 to 150...i dont know if this means anything for us....

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”