In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sentinal5656

Bronze

Re: In decision purgatory... Cornell 'Reserve' List

Post by sentinal5656 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:33 pm

MissMaroon wrote:My status checker isn't at decision yet. Anyway, I'm not calling. And if I get waitlisted, that'll be one more out of the way for you guys because I'll be withdrawing immediately.

This is crazy. I only applied because they sent me a fee waiver. I'm signing a lease in Chicago next week. I am just so exhausted and the T-14 isn't worth this hell for me anymore. Good luck everyone.

where are you going to attend thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!?!?!?!?!

Skyfly1769

New

Post by Skyfly1769 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:15 pm

No change in my status checker yet.

Ali

New

Post by Ali » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:16 pm

I'm too scared to call.

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:22 pm

Ali wrote:I'm too scared to call.

dooo itttttt

osi

New

Post by osi » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:49 pm

When I called earlier they told me that I would have a decision by Tuesday. I called again today and they said a decision hasn't been made yet on my file and that it was still with the committee. They said I should probably have a decision by tuesday again. I asked if they meant that I would have my decison mailed to me by Tuesday and she said no they haven't made a decision. So I wait. Some more. I had no idea there was something worse than a waitlist but being on reserve definitely is.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

teedy

New

Post by teedy » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:54 pm

i called today, got WLed. cornell, i hate to say it, but i think i'm finally over you.

Tron

New

Post by Tron » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:58 pm

not to hijack the thread, but real quick is anyone in the "if not cornell then fordham cause I wanna work in NYC boat?" Anyone wanna discuss pros v cons?? -- purgatory sucks, real talk.

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:01 pm

Tron wrote:not to hijack the thread, but real quick is anyone in the "if not cornell then fordham cause I wanna work in NYC boat?" Anyone wanna discuss pros v cons?? -- purgatory sucks, real talk.
employment prospects are better at cornell across the board.

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:07 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:
Tron wrote:not to hijack the thread, but real quick is anyone in the "if not cornell then fordham cause I wanna work in NYC boat?" Anyone wanna discuss pros v cons?? -- purgatory sucks, real talk.
employment prospects are better at cornell across the board.
i don't think he means cornell vs. fordham...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PSLaplace

New

Post by PSLaplace » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:08 pm

So...has anyone recently been accepted without an e-mail or phone call? I've received neither and my status checker has updated to Decision as of 6/16/2009. Guess that makes another WL/ding :(...

joebucket

New

Post by joebucket » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:18 pm

PSLaplace wrote:So...has anyone recently been accepted without an e-mail or phone call? I've received neither and my status checker has updated to Decision as of 6/16/2009. Guess that makes another WL/ding :(...

WTF?? How do we interpret that? Cornell is mean.

MissMaroon

Bronze

Post by MissMaroon » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:32 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:
MissMaroon wrote:My status checker isn't at decision yet. Anyway, I'm not calling. And if I get waitlisted, that'll be one more out of the way for you guys because I'll be withdrawing immediately.

This is crazy. I only applied because they sent me a fee waiver. I'm signing a lease in Chicago next week. I am just so exhausted and the T-14 isn't worth this hell for me anymore. Good luck everyone.

where are you going to attend thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!?!?!?!?!
DePaul. Yeah... I know, I know. Huge difference in rankings, etc but believe it or not, I LOVE that school, it's location, and everything, and I am constantly wavering between being so freaking excited about law school (specifically, at DePaul) and being completely psychotic and freaking out all the time over my Cornell reserve and UChicago WL. That's why I want to call it quits in purgatory. I WANNA MOVE ONNNNNNNNNNNNN WITH MY LIFE.

MissMaroon

Bronze

Post by MissMaroon » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:33 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:
Adele wrote:

Ditto! I haven't called yet but if Im waitlisted what more can I do? I've already sent 3 LOCI's, visited, talked with professors etc....I would really just like some closure in my life right now.*sigh* Oh well, Good luck everyone!

what are you waiting for!!?!?!? calllllllllllllllllllllll
Sentinal's headed off the deep end hahaha

(judging by all the question marks, exclamations, and extra letters in your recent posts...)

Trust me, I don't blame you. I'm about 2 seconds away from the edge of the cliff myself.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sentinal5656

Bronze

Post by sentinal5656 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:36 pm

MissMaroon wrote:
sentinal5656 wrote:
Adele wrote:

Ditto! I haven't called yet but if Im waitlisted what more can I do? I've already sent 3 LOCI's, visited, talked with professors etc....I would really just like some closure in my life right now.*sigh* Oh well, Good luck everyone!

what are you waiting for!!?!?!? calllllllllllllllllllllll
Sentinal's headed off the deep end hahaha

(judging by all the question marks, exclamations, and extra letters in your recent posts...)

Trust me, I don't blame you. I'm about 2 seconds away from the edge of the cliff myself.

LOL, your right, hahaha

i need to just leave and go into the city for the weekend. 30 more mins. :D

Ali

New

Post by Ali » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:52 pm

sentinal5656 wrote:
Ali wrote:I'm too scared to call.

dooo itttttt
lol...I finally decided to call, only to get the answering machine. They close at 4pm Fridays. :x

NYCWolverine

New

Post by NYCWolverine » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:20 pm

I know we have said this time and time again but...the admissions staff is so unbelievably nice its amazing. I called and got Wait Listed and the woman who answered the phone spent like 15 mins w me explaining the wait list, the committee, the interview and choosing a time to come up to Cornell to interview (next Tuesday).

I think that admissions office around the country should borrow the attitude that the Cornell staff has. My pre-law advisor said to me that how the admissions office is like a little preview window into the school and the administration. If she is correct than the Cornell administration is doing one hell of a job.

Teddy

New

Post by Teddy » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:36 pm

Lisa7n99 wrote:
joebucket wrote:Just call man. Rip off the band-aid
+1
Well, looks like next year-off to enjoy my summer and put in some more work. Good luck to those on the waitlist.
Hey Lisa7n99,

I had been following your story and I was really pulling for you. Did you get a decision today or have you decided to wait until next year and forgo the waitlist?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Lisa7n99

New

Post by Lisa7n99 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:04 pm

I got a rejection which I admit was very demoralizing after 8 months of waiting, though I knew it was the most likely scenario. i have withdrawn all other offers of admissions so its another year of working for me, which is not bad. i'll spend the summer working on the lsat and see what i can do there, then will reapply to a much wider net next year, including Cornell. thanks for the thoughts, its going to be a sad weekend indeed. best to everyone still waiting.

ddp

New

Post by ddp » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:35 pm

Lisa7n99 wrote:I got a rejection which I admit was very demoralizing after 8 months of waiting, though I knew it was the most likely scenario. i have withdrawn all other offers of admissions so its another year of working for me, which is not bad. i'll spend the summer working on the lsat and see what i can do there, then will reapply to a much wider net next year, including Cornell. thanks for the thoughts, its going to be a sad weekend indeed. best to everyone still waiting.
Hey Lisa,

I'm sorry to hear that. I was rooting for you too. You should totally apply again. Hopefully we'll see you on campus next year!

Teddy

New

Post by Teddy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:59 am

Lisa7n99 wrote:I got a rejection which I admit was very demoralizing after 8 months of waiting, though I knew it was the most likely scenario. i have withdrawn all other offers of admissions so its another year of working for me, which is not bad. i'll spend the summer working on the lsat and see what i can do there, then will reapply to a much wider net next year, including Cornell. thanks for the thoughts, its going to be a sad weekend indeed. best to everyone still waiting.
I'm sorry to hear that you were not admitted. I do believe that you have a great story and will be an asset to any school. You should definitely apply next year!

All the best.

Lisa7n99

New

Post by Lisa7n99 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:15 am

thanks again. now to work on improving my file............

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ziggy

New

Post by ziggy » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:17 pm

So last week my status checker changed from "decision" to "complete" (as did a number of other people's). The date still said "01/29/2009" (the date they originally reached a decision). I just checked this morning and the status checker now says "As of 06/18/2009 your application status is: Decision."

Did this happen to anyone else and what does it mean?

Ali

New

Post by Ali » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:29 pm

ziggy wrote:So last week my status checker changed from "decision" to "complete" (as did a number of other people's). The date still said "01/29/2009" (the date they originally reached a decision). I just checked this morning and the status checker now says "As of 06/18/2009 your application status is: Decision."

Did this happen to anyone else and what does it mean?

Same thing happened to me. It now says Decision...as of 6/17.
I don't think it's a good sign. They would of called us, if we were accepted. Looks like we are going to get a letter in the mail soon.

NYCWolverine

New

Post by NYCWolverine » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:19 pm

Lisa7n99 wrote:thanks again. now to work on improving my file............
Good luck!!!

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:40 am

Has anyone's status not changed from their original decision date? Since there are no more open spots, I am guessing this means rejection.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”