decision at duke

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Post Reply
User avatar
thesouthside

New
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:57 pm

Re: decision at duke

Post by thesouthside » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:09 am

SoftBoiledLife wrote:Let me just make sure I have this straight: You're going to stop sleeping with a girl because she's unfamiliar with law school rankings?
Exactly... My kids need to get into Andover (Phillips Academy). Someone who has never ever heard of Vanderbilt is slightly stoopid in my book.

cnola

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: decision at duke

Post by cnola » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:12 am

I'm among the 2/17 status change too. My little heart jumped... I'm also 168/3.75 went complete sometime early-mid december. If I had to guess I would think we are either a big WL group or Duke has maybe recognized their need for us sub-169ers this cycle. Seems like there are a lot of us 168ers in this movement. Best of luck to all!!!

jdn012

Bronze
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: decision at duke

Post by jdn012 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:16 am

caoyun wrote:I'm still under review. Where I've been for 35 days. ...Not that I'm counting.
with those stats, how did you not get PT?

User avatar
napolnic

Bronze
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: decision at duke

Post by napolnic » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:21 am

jdn012 wrote: with those stats, how did you not get PT?
PT seems to be based on more than just GPA&LSAT combo. I've heard of people with lower numbers getting them. I was a bit miffed I didn't get one, but I'll just get over it by snipingly cataloging it under my 'minor slight' column.

As for what else they are looking for, my guess is geography.
Last edited by napolnic on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
seraphita

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:33 am

Re: decision at duke

Post by seraphita » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:21 am

When did those of you who are now at "decision" go under review?
Late September.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
bulldog4574

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:54 pm

Re: decision at duke

Post by bulldog4574 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:21 am

cnola wrote:I'm among the 2/17 status change too. My little heart jumped... I'm also 168/3.75 went complete sometime early-mid december. If I had to guess I would think we are either a big WL group or Duke has maybe recognized their need for us sub-169ers this cycle. Seems like there are a lot of us 168ers in this movement. Best of luck to all!!!

Im a 167 in this group... did i somehow manage an acceptance??? are we all waitlisted??? or i am one of the few outright rejections in this batch??? God help us.

hoya2009

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: decision at duke

Post by hoya2009 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:22 am

Early January

caoyun

Bronze
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 am

Re: decision at duke

Post by caoyun » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:23 am

jdn012 wrote:
caoyun wrote:I'm still under review. Where I've been for 35 days. ...Not that I'm counting.
with those stats, how did you not get PT?
I have no idea. I didn't even know about priority track until after I applied. Did I have to do anything special to get it? Or does Duke just choose people?

Honestly, I was hoping for a fairly quick decision. Duke is one of my favorite choices. And I'm going to be visiting in about two weeks. It'll drive me nuts if I still don't have a decision by the time I visit.

Note: I didn't do the Why Duke? essay (for which, incidentally, I feel like an idiot). That could have played a role.
Last edited by caoyun on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

pomona

Bronze
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: decision at duke

Post by pomona » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:24 am

bulldog4574 wrote:
cnola wrote:I'm among the 2/17 status change too. My little heart jumped... I'm also 168/3.75 went complete sometime early-mid december. If I had to guess I would think we are either a big WL group or Duke has maybe recognized their need for us sub-169ers this cycle. Seems like there are a lot of us 168ers in this movement. Best of luck to all!!!

Im a 167 in this group... did i somehow manage an acceptance??? are we all waitlisted??? or i am one of the few outright rejections in this batch??? God help us.
I'm a 165 in this group. What does this mean for me?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
not

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:22 am

Re: decision at duke

Post by not » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:27 am

164 decision 2/17. I don't think Duke would accept us all some how...

jdn012

Bronze
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: decision at duke

Post by jdn012 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:27 am

caoyun wrote:
jdn012 wrote:
caoyun wrote:I'm still under review. Where I've been for 35 days. ...Not that I'm counting.
with those stats, how did you not get PT?
I have no idea. I didn't even know about priority track until after I applied. Did I have to do anything special to get it? Or does Duke just choose people?

Honestly, I was hoping for a fairly quick decision. Duke is one of my favorite choices. And I'm going to be visiting in about two weeks. It'll drive me nuts if I still don't have a decision by the time I visit.
Well, you have one good option right now. Honestly, I really don't see Duke rejecting you, unless they just had way too many people with your stats already get in under PT. Good luck though! Been waiting for about 30 days here, so I don't expect any movement until 2 weeks from now (then again, I don't have your stats either :) )

User avatar
seraphita

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:33 am

Re: decision at duke

Post by seraphita » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:28 am

Im a 167 in this group... did i somehow manage an acceptance??? are we all waitlisted??? or i am one of the few outright rejections in this batch??? God help us.
I just checked LSN, and a couple of 168s have been recently rejected. Those of us in the 165-167 range would be lucky to get waitlisted.

caoyun

Bronze
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 am

Re: decision at duke

Post by caoyun » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:32 am

jdn012 wrote:
caoyun wrote:
jdn012 wrote:
caoyun wrote:I'm still under review. Where I've been for 35 days. ...Not that I'm counting.
with those stats, how did you not get PT?
I have no idea. I didn't even know about priority track until after I applied. Did I have to do anything special to get it? Or does Duke just choose people?

Honestly, I was hoping for a fairly quick decision. Duke is one of my favorite choices. And I'm going to be visiting in about two weeks. It'll drive me nuts if I still don't have a decision by the time I visit.
Well, you have one good option right now. Honestly, I really don't see Duke rejecting you, unless they just had way too many people with your stats already get in under PT. Good luck though! Been waiting for about 30 days here, so I don't expect any movement until 2 weeks from now (then again, I don't have your stats either :) )
Thanks. I mean, I don't think I'll be rejected outright. I'm definitely above their LSAT median and right around their GPA median. I'm just a little frustrated in general by the turnaround so far. Aside from Georgetown, its been a bit slow. But I'm planning on visiting a whole slew of T-14 schools at the beginning of March, so hopefully I can demonstrate interest enough in some programs to net some acceptances.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


onetouch

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:41 pm

Re: decision at duke

Post by onetouch » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:41 am

I'm 168 3.84 and decision 2/17. I'm pretty sure we're a giant waitlist group.

slightlyanonymous

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: decision at duke

Post by slightlyanonymous » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:43 am

Are the non-PT waitlists not being emailed? Has anyone from the 2/13 or 2/17 batch been waitlisted or gotten any sort of email or was 2/13 all rejections?

User avatar
not

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:22 am

Re: decision at duke

Post by not » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:50 am

LSN is reporting a lot of dings for decision 2/17...

pomona

Bronze
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: decision at duke

Post by pomona » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:52 am

not wrote:LSN is reporting a lot of dings for decision 2/17...
I think those are people who went to decision on 2/13.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
bcb1986

New
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:36 am

Re: decision at duke

Post by bcb1986 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:52 am

not wrote:LSN is reporting a lot of dings for decision 2/17...
that's the day the 2/13 batch started receiving letters

udlordly

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:10 pm

Re: decision at duke

Post by udlordly » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:52 am

not wrote:LSN is reporting a lot of dings for decision 2/17...
I'm guessing those are people who went to decision 2/13 and got their letters yesterday/today. It's still too early for that many people to already have their mail, much less if ding letters were mailed yeterday.

a441103

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:34 pm

Re: decision at duke

Post by a441103 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:57 am

I think everyone that is median/above median on both lsat and gpa needs to take a deep breath and calm down.

At least that's what I am telling myself to do.

Maybe I am naive, but I really don't think the application numbers have spiked so much that they can out right reject/waitlist everyone with median/above median numbers.

Maybe if you are non-pt they have no obligation to have a speedy turn around, so are snail mailing acceptances/waitlists.

Just my thoughts.

Add me to the list: decision 2/17, median lsat, above median GPA non pt fee waiver.

User avatar
waaf1073

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:18 am

Re: decision at duke

Post by waaf1073 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:00 pm

Also decision on 2/17 via status check. Been complete since 9/26. 167/3.7. We shall see.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


txag_09

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:06 pm

Re: decision at duke

Post by txag_09 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:01 pm

I'll join the fun as well. Decision rendered 2/17. I'll probably get my ding in the mail this weekend.

Oh well, f**k you Duke! I'm preempting your rejection - I WITHDRAW!


Oh yea, 164/3.95/URM.

User avatar
soul_echoes

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:02 pm

Re: decision at duke

Post by soul_echoes » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:13 pm

I'm also at decision 2/17, went complete late November. I'm expecting a ding but praying for waitlist!

ullysully

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:33 pm

Re: decision at duke

Post by ullysully » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:19 pm

..
Last edited by ullysully on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slightlyanonymous

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: decision at duke

Post by slightlyanonymous » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:23 pm

a441103 wrote:I think everyone that is median/above median on both lsat and gpa needs to take a deep breath and calm down.

At least that's what I am telling myself to do.

Maybe I am naive, but I really don't think the application numbers have spiked so much that they can out right reject/waitlist everyone with median/above median numbers.

Maybe if you are non-pt they have no obligation to have a speedy turn around, so are snail mailing acceptances/waitlists.

Just my thoughts.

Add me to the list: decision 2/17, median lsat, above median GPA non pt fee waiver.

Not to burst your bubble, but I thought all the acceptances were sent over email before you received snail mail? (bursting my own bubble a little here too)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”