Hofstra Status Change

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jeisner

New

Re: Hofstra Status Change

Post by jeisner » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:48 pm

Congrats!

sergris

New

Post by sergris » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:56 pm

olesya154 wrote:Hey guys, has anyone received any email correspondence from Hofstra on 2/2/09? My status checker still says that my file is with admissions committee but there is a new entry under Correspondence saying that something was communicated to me on 2/2/09. I emailed them about it but they are yet to get back to me. Can it mean that my decision was mailed since I didn't receive an email?
I have exactly the same thing on my page, only the mail date is 02/03/09. I have not received any emails from them.

olesya154

New

Post by olesya154 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:11 pm

sergris wrote:
olesya154 wrote:Hey guys, has anyone received any email correspondence from Hofstra on 2/2/09? My status checker still says that my file is with admissions committee but there is a new entry under Correspondence saying that something was communicated to me on 2/2/09. I emailed them about it but they are yet to get back to me. Can it mean that my decision was mailed since I didn't receive an email?
I have exactly the same thing on my page, only the mail date is 02/03/09. I have not received any emails from them.
Are you a p/t applicant?
I emailed them about it asking what kind of correspondence was communicated since I didn't get an email. The response I got was a bit confusing: "Thank you for your email. We have updated your application with your response to the email below (the email where I told them I want to apply to the day p/t division after the evening p/t got eliminated). You should be receiving a decision to your application shortly." I sort of assumed that my decision was sent out...
Last edited by olesya154 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeseoQueSea

New

Post by DeseoQueSea » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:14 pm

I'm not sure if this applies to anyone else, but my status checker went blank for a while and then they sent my acceptance to my home address. good luck!

sergris

New

Post by sergris » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:12 pm

olesya154 wrote:
sergris wrote:
Are you a p/t applicant?
I emailed them about it asking what kind of correspondence was communicated since I didn't get an email. The response I got was a bit confusing: "Thank you for your email. We have updated your application with your response to the email below (the email where I told them I want to apply to the day p/t division after the evening p/t got eliminated). You should be receiving a decision to your application shortly." I sort of assumed that my decision was sent out...
yes i'm part-time and I did send them an email that I want to be considered for day-time since evening was eliminated. So may be that mailing date is just an aknowledgement that they received your response and will consider you for day-time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

holmesNYC

New

Post by holmesNYC » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:01 pm

I just got an email inviting me to apply for a fellowship and to log in to the Accepted Students web site to do so. I haven't received my acceptance letter yet, so I figured that I got in. But then I went to log in, and it's not accepting my log in information. Hmmmmmm.

BryanLaw

New

Post by BryanLaw » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:27 pm

Last edited by BryanLaw on Tue May 26, 2009 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

tseliot

New

Post by tseliot » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:55 pm

holmesNYC wrote:I just got an email inviting me to apply for a fellowship and to log in to the Accepted Students web site to do so. I haven't received my acceptance letter yet, so I figured that I got in. But then I went to log in, and it's not accepting my log in information. Hmmmmmm.
Got the same email, and got the same problem. Said p/w was mm/dd/yyyy, but as my birthday is in in a single digit month, I entered as m/dd/yyyy, and it worked. So, I'm on the "admitted students" site--I assume that means I was admitted...we shall see...

Edit: Oh, and make sure you actually enter the dashes as characters, so m/dd/yyyy, NOT mddyyyy.

snaps

New

Post by snaps » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:10 pm

i can log in, too! just noticed that my status checker is blank.

i hope we get t-shirts!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

onandon

New

Post by onandon » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:58 pm

i got the e-mail too!
i can log in to the site... hopefully i got in!

BryanLaw

New

Post by BryanLaw » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:11 pm

Last edited by BryanLaw on Tue May 26, 2009 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

BryanLaw

New

Post by BryanLaw » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:58 am

Last edited by BryanLaw on Tue May 26, 2009 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

seb819

New

Post by seb819 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:49 pm

After my status checker went blank last week and receiving the email on Friday about applying for a Fellowship through their admitted students page, I received my acceptance package today which included a handwritten note from the dean.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

wunc77

New

Post by wunc77 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:00 pm

I am waitlisted, found out last week. It came with a nice personal note from the dean. I am hoping to be accepted.

holmesNYC

New

Post by holmesNYC » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:18 pm

seb819 wrote:After my status checker went blank last week and receiving the email on Friday about applying for a Fellowship through their admitted students page, I received my acceptance package today which included a handwritten note from the dean.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Congrats!
Same here. In with $$.

king3780

Bronze

Post by king3780 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:30 pm

sergris wrote:
olesya154 wrote:
sergris wrote:
Are you a p/t applicant?
yes i'm part-time and I did send them an email that I want to be considered for day-time since evening was eliminated. So may be that mailing date is just an aknowledgement that they received your response and will consider you for day-time.
I was also a PT night applicant who replied to the e-mail... and didn't have my status changed until 2/3/9. Unfortunately, my file says it has been under review by the committe since 1/27, which seems like an awfully long time, especially since according to people in this thread it will go blank for a few days before you get a decision.

king3780

Bronze

Post by king3780 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:47 pm

Okay, so my status checker finally went blank today. What's the consensus on when I should receive a decision?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kramer22

New

Post by kramer22 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:50 pm

king3780 wrote:Okay, so my status checker finally went blank today. What's the consensus on when I should receive a decision?
Same thing happened to mine King...any word on when a decision should be out?

Zanarkand

New

Post by Zanarkand » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:17 pm

kramer22 wrote:
king3780 wrote:Okay, so my status checker finally went blank today. What's the consensus on when I should receive a decision?
I received my acceptance letter 3 days after going blank.

king3780

Bronze

Post by king3780 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Thanks for the input. Congrats on your acceptance!

holmesNYC

New

Post by holmesNYC » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:45 pm

Zanarkand wrote:
kramer22 wrote:
I received my acceptance letter 3 days after going blank.

mine came 4 business days after going blank (there was a weekend in the middle)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

king3780

Bronze

Post by king3780 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:49 pm

Sweet, so probably early next week. Sounds good to me. Now if other schools could just get on board. :)

hunahonna

New

Post by hunahonna » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:15 pm

Just out of curiosity how long was it between when you guys went from "file with committee" to the status going blank?

king3780

Bronze

Post by king3780 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:49 pm

hunahonna wrote:Just out of curiosity how long was it between when you guys went from "file with committee" to the status going blank?
A little over two weeks.

king3780

Bronze

Post by king3780 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:30 pm

king3780 wrote:Sweet, so probably early next week. Sounds good to me. Now if other schools could just get on board. :)
Just got my letter from Hofstra... In with $10k/year :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”