Hofstra Status Change Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
stickchick

New

Re: Hofstra Status Change

Post by stickchick » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:39 pm

hey would anybody be willing to share their numbers? i just went complete and im curious to see where i stand!

Hyder

New

Post by Hyder » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:14 am

stickchick wrote:hey would anybody be willing to share their numbers? i just went complete and im curious to see where i stand!
according to: http://hofstra.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats

seems like a 155+ is standard for acceptance

stickchick

New

Post by stickchick » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:23 am

159 baby but my gpa is blehhhh

Hyder

New

Post by Hyder » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:30 am

whats ur gpa? ..i wouldnt lose sleep on admittance to hofstra if your lsat is 75% +

columbia1220

New

Post by columbia1220 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:27 am

Hyder wrote:
premierock wrote:i was accepted and cannot even log on to my status checker
I never got a status check and i got accepted within two weeks of file completion. And no, my numbers are no where near for a school like hofstra to send me an acceptance right away. I think it was my ps, The dean really liked my personal statement, she wrote me a hand written note about it.. I thought that was nice, unless she did that to everyone

what were your numbers? if you dont mind... :P

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DeseoQueSea

New

Post by DeseoQueSea » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:50 am

Not to single anyone out, but to those who have gotten a rejection from Hofstra, what did your status checker say before you were mailed a letter? Or did your status checker just say "you have not been admitted for the Fall of 2009" like mine did for Fordham :oops: ?

Hyder

New

Post by Hyder » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:57 pm

columbia1220 wrote:
Hyder wrote:
premierock wrote:i was accepted and cannot even log on to my status checker
I never got a status check and i got accepted within two weeks of file completion. And no, my numbers are no where near for a school like hofstra to send me an acceptance right away. I think it was my ps, The dean really liked my personal statement, she wrote me a hand written note about it.. I thought that was nice, unless she did that to everyone

what were your numbers? if you dont mind... :P

around 30%gpa and 65% lsat

starlight007

New

Post by starlight007 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:16 pm

omg my status is blank...i pray this is good news?

arm1987

New

Post by arm1987 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Mine went blank a week or so ago, but I do not think it means you got in. My guess is that blank means they have made a decision - good or bad. I'm below 25% for lsat, but way, way above 75% for gpa. We'll see!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

onandon

New

Post by onandon » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:55 pm

my status changed to "File with admissions committee" and the status date changed to 2/5/09...
does anyone know what this means?? :?

holmesNYC

New

Post by holmesNYC » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:00 pm

onandon wrote:my status changed to "File with admissions committee" and the status date changed to 2/5/09...
don't know what it means, but mine says the same exact thing right now.

maybe they do them in batches and ours will be decided by that date?

lawgrl09

New

Post by lawgrl09 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:06 pm

Spoke with admissions. Some letters will go out tomorrow, supposedly mine included. For real this time?

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:07 pm

holmesNYC wrote:
onandon wrote:my status changed to "File with admissions committee" and the status date changed to 2/5/09...

Deferred.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

holmesNYC

New

Post by holmesNYC » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:19 pm

Jwatson wrote:
holmesNYC wrote:

Deferred.
Really??? I'm above their medians. Hmpfh.

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:29 pm

holmesNYC wrote:
Jwatson wrote:
holmesNYC wrote:

Deferred.
Really??? I'm above their medians. Hmpfh.

Schools WL or Deny applicants above their medians all the time. Sometimes, (but rarely) for YP.

neoterixx64

New

Post by neoterixx64 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:43 pm

just spoke with a rep. Basically if you got the email about the part time evening program being discontinued you NEED to reply to that email because they are holding all those part timer decision letters until everyone responds.

onandon

New

Post by onandon » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:51 pm

Jwatson wrote:
holmesNYC wrote:

Deferred.

really??? i'm above the 75th percentile for gpa and above the median for lsat...
hmmm....

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

starlight007

New

Post by starlight007 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:52 pm

neoterixx64 wrote:just spoke with a rep. Basically if you got the email about the part time evening program being discontinued you NEED to reply to that email because they are holding all those part timer decision letters until everyone responds.

wtf i checked the box for "all/both divisions" where's my email? and why the f would they discontinue theit PT program, it's not like they'll take a hit with the new rankings

holmesNYC

New

Post by holmesNYC » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:52 pm

Jwatson wrote: Schools WL or Deny applicants above their medians all the time. Sometimes, (but rarely) for YP.
Yeah, I know, but I'm still no less surprised. YP would be out of the question, I think.

I'm just wondering if this deferred date necessarily means something bad, like WL or deny? Could they be holding the app for some other reason?

olesya154

New

Post by olesya154 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:04 pm

neoterixx64 wrote:just spoke with a rep. Basically if you got the email about the part time evening program being discontinued you NEED to reply to that email because they are holding all those part timer decision letters until everyone responds.
The fact that they are holding all p/t applications waiting for everyone to respond is a bit ridiculous, isn't it? I responded to the email in 5 minutes but I am sure others won't be that quick especially those who applied there for a safety net. I am frustrated :x My file has been "with admissions committee" since 12/3... Why should it matter when everyone responds if I said I still want to join the day p/t program?

onandon

New

Post by onandon » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:09 pm

holmesNYC wrote:
Jwatson wrote: Schools WL or Deny applicants above their medians all the time. Sometimes, (but rarely) for YP.
Yeah, I know, but I'm still no less surprised. YP would be out of the question, I think.

I'm just wondering if this deferred date necessarily means something bad, like WL or deny? Could they be holding the app for some other reason?
i'm hoping it isn't for something bad!
what could they be holding our apps for though?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

holmesNYC

New

Post by holmesNYC » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:21 pm

onandon wrote:
holmesNYC wrote:

i'm hoping it isn't for something bad!
what could they be holding our apps for though?
Maybe they're just backed up with applications? I don't know, but I'm really not convinced it's an actual deferment. It doesn't say "deferred" or "hold." It still says "with admissions committee." The only difference is the date, which is merely a week from now. If it were a month from now, then I'd be more concerned.

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:22 pm

starlight007 wrote:

wtf i checked the box for "all/both divisions" where's my email? and why the f would they discontinue theit PT program, it's not like they'll take a hit with the new rankings

Why are they discontinuing the PT program? I seriously doubt this.

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:24 pm

holmesNYC wrote:

Some schools deferrals mean you are probably in, just at later date. (Northeastern, Miami, MSU are great examples of this [see lsn])

Deferrals are better than WLs regardless. I have friends that attend Hofstra (since I am NYC based), and most of them told me if you don't get into the FT program, they will most likely offer you a PT spot.

neoterixx64

New

Post by neoterixx64 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:36 am

They are not discounting the Part time program, only the part time NIGHT program.

I also didn't reply that I was interested because I was already signed up for the part time day time program, so I'm sure there are a ton of people who also didn't reply.

There still is a part time DAY program.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”