In at UC Hastings!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Post Reply
Anonymous0L

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by Anonymous0L » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:48 pm

Hastings turning into the next U of MN? Dean= Ex Dean of U of MN!

glacierfrost

Bronze
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:58 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by glacierfrost » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:55 pm

What's with all the 164's?

Anonymous0L

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by Anonymous0L » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:55 pm

glacierfrost wrote:What's with all the 164's?
The U of MN wall in play at Hastings

ChrisCiolko

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by ChrisCiolko » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:59 pm

^ Not sure what you mean. Are you saying that they are trying not to let anyone in with less than a 164? It sure seems like they've accepted a TON of 164s already... I'm a 3.5/164, and I'm really hoping to get acceptred at Hastings.

thissucks

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:16 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by thissucks » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:08 pm

Strange. Was accepted last week. Today, got another accept letter-same exact one as before.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
JPeavy44

New
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:57 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by JPeavy44 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:41 pm

thissucks wrote:Strange. Was accepted last week. Today, got another accept letter-same exact one as before.
I'll take one!

nvoight911

Bronze
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by nvoight911 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:37 pm

Just got waitlisted via email. I'll take it, considering my LSAT is below the 25%

NoamChomsky

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by NoamChomsky » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:51 pm

Jwatson wrote:Hastings turning into the next U of MN? Dean= Ex Dean of U of MN!
She didn't come from UofMinn...

--LinkRemoved--

Com'on guys... where are those critical reading skills?

User avatar
smack4ud

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by smack4ud » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:35 pm

NoamChomsky wrote:
Jwatson wrote:Hastings turning into the next U of MN? Dean= Ex Dean of U of MN!
She didn't come from UofMinn...

--LinkRemoved--

Com'on guys... where are those critical reading skills?
Why's Hastings making some complicated LSAT RC crap on their glorified About Us section. I had to re-read that a few times, in fact.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


frenchyflower

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:20 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by frenchyflower » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:42 pm

I got accepted on Saturday!
Last edited by frenchyflower on Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

boone

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by boone » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:49 pm

In today. Out-of-state, 165/3.5.

Trying to figure out how to afford it. I love you, SF, but goddamn. Check out the rent on McAllister?

leron

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:22 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by leron » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:54 pm

boone wrote:In today. Out-of-state, 165/3.5.

Trying to figure out how to afford it. I love you, SF, but goddamn. Check out the rent on McAllister?
In today. Out-of-state, 165/3.5.

Trying to figure out how to afford it. I love you, SF, but goddamn. Check out the rent on McAllister?
i hear you, man. come this summer, i'll be looking for a roommate. tls might be useful for that search.

boone

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by boone » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:49 am

No kidding. If I were to go there, I foresee three years of eating bean and rice burritos and living in the Mission.

Anyone know anyone that actually got California in-state tuition for the second year? the statute reads that you can't be there solely for educational purposes, so what does that mean? Summer jobs? Externships? I'm wondering if its worthwhile to set up residency in May or something so the Y2 paperwork isn't questioned.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


tbx59

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by tbx59 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:32 am

Stop with the 164s, let a 167 in

User avatar
muddywaters

Bronze
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:59 am

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by muddywaters » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:35 am

reminder again: their median is 163. Do we need to get into what median means again?

edit: congrats to everyone! most people with 3.5ish/162ish will likely get WL then accepted. Just be patient...

nkrienke32

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:06 am

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by nkrienke32 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:11 am

Congratulations all Hasting-ers (or is it -ites?). I was also recently accepted. I love San Francisco and considering Hastings' prime location (I realize it's in the Tenderloin), I would eschew higher ranked schools to attend. I am worried, however, about the cost; not only am I out-of-state, but SF is incredibly expensive and my numbers arent going to bend anyone over backward (164, 3.6). LSN is not very informative as it relates Hastings' scholarships (and if it is informative, than I have good reason to be nervous). Anyone know what someone like me would typically be offered from them? I have searched the board but was only further confused by the discussion in 'Hastings Class of 2011.' Thanks!

User avatar
econtutornv

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:17 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by econtutornv » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:20 am

They ran out of love for the 164s it seems. WL'd today, 164/3.33

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
icarter

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:44 am

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by icarter » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:28 am

nkrienke32 wrote:Congratulations all Hasting-ers (or is it -ites?). I was also recently accepted. I love San Francisco and considering Hastings' prime location (I realize it's in the Tenderloin), I would eschew higher ranked schools to attend. I am worried, however, about the cost; not only am I out-of-state, but SF is incredibly expensive and my numbers arent going to bend anyone over backward (164, 3.6). LSN is not very informative as it relates Hastings' scholarships (and if it is informative, than I have good reason to be nervous). Anyone know what someone like me would typically be offered from them? I have searched the board but was only further confused by the discussion in 'Hastings Class of 2011.' Thanks!
I too was accepted with very similar #'s and one of the reasons I decided not to attend was the very high $$. Unless you are an URM you likely will not get any scholarship $

nvoight911

Bronze
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by nvoight911 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:59 am

muddywaters wrote:reminder again: their median is 163. Do we need to get into what median means again?

edit: congrats to everyone! most people with 3.5ish/162ish will likely get WL then accepted. Just be patient...
I just got waitlisted but I'll prolly be rejected with my 160/3.73. I was expecting an outright rejection so it's all good

trojanfan06

New
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by trojanfan06 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:46 pm

My first acceptance today. Came in the mail today in a small envelope and got scared for a second until I opened it.

User avatar
frank_the_tank

Bronze
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by frank_the_tank » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:51 pm

Just withdrew, Good luck guys!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
SmittyLaw

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:16 am

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by SmittyLaw » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:54 pm

I'm in!

User avatar
JPeavy44

New
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:57 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by JPeavy44 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:27 am

SmittyLaw wrote:I'm in!
congrats! when did you apply?

law342333

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by law342333 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:59 pm

icarter wrote:164 3.44
When did you go complete?

User avatar
Rotor

Silver
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:06 pm

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by Rotor » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:41 pm

Got my letter today, but it was dated 1/16! Thanks USPS.

Anyway, for those on the waitlist, I'll be withdrawing soon.

3.46/166. Complete 11/25. Out of state, but Bay area-Native and briefly mentioned in my PS.

Edit: for de-douchefying

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”