In at UC Hastings!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
deadatheist

Bronze

Re: In at UC Hastings!!

Post by deadatheist » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:38 pm

hahaha "it" = your fiance (see bold above). just in case it is intersex maybe, didn't want to box in with a he/she pronoun?

mposner

New

Post by mposner » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:25 pm

Haha, I got that far, but are you wondering if that is his user name? What are you wanting to know about him?

btrflykss12

New

Post by btrflykss12 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:42 pm

swheat wrote:
btrflykss12 wrote:Middle class. Dean's Scholarship for $10,000 and Hastings' Scholarship for $8500. Think I'll have to withdraw. Even with this money, I'd be taking out at least $40,000/year in loans.

Good luck to everyone else!
The 8500 is a scholarship, not a grant?
Sorry - the $8500 is a grant, not a scholarship.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:49 pm

mposner wrote:Haha, I got that far, but are you wondering if that is his user name? What are you wanting to know about him?
Just wondering if he was your fiance. I just know that he's engaged/married and he and his SO both applied to Hastings.

mposner

New

Post by mposner » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:23 am

swheat wrote:
mposner wrote:Haha, I got that far, but are you wondering if that is his user name? What are you wanting to know about him?
Just wondering if he was your fiance. I just know that he's engaged/married and he and his SO both applied to Hastings.
Didn't know that was an TLS user. This is him:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Wookiee

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:47 am

mposner wrote:
swheat wrote:

Wow congrats to your SO! That is an impressive cycle. Looks like you guys will have some great options together.

uncle mike

New

Post by uncle mike » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:18 am

Complete since 11/11 and no word yet.

When are first deposits due?

misteranthro

New

Post by misteranthro » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:21 am

uncle mike wrote:Complete since 11/11 and no word yet.

When are first deposits due?
May 1st. Only one deposit total, too. $500.

mposner

New

Post by mposner » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:07 pm

swheat wrote:
mposner wrote:
swheat wrote:

Wow congrats to your SO! That is an impressive cycle. Looks like you guys will have some great options together.
I know he has done so well! I can't complain though. Being a huge reverse splitter, I am quite happy so far. I was so nervous going in all of this (with my LSAT), but I am slowly getting in to a lot of his schools so applying together worked out quite well. I didn't want to be holding him back; however, in college I was the better student so he was always content going together. I guess you figured out that this is me:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/mepg

Davis and Hastings must both be holding my application.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:52 pm

Your cycle looks good. You guys thinking of heading back to AZ or staying in CA? I thought about applying to ASU and UA but I moved away from Mississippi to get out of the heat. Can't bring myself to go back to it now...

mposner

New

Post by mposner » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:59 pm

swheat wrote:

Your cycle looks good. You guys thinking of heading back to AZ or staying in CA? I thought about applying to ASU and UA but I moved away from Mississippi to get out of the heat. Can't bring myself to go back to it now...
I think Arizona (as in ASU), but would like answers from the two UC's. I am from AZ; he isn't but he will get resident tuition since we will be married which will be great. I don't love the heat but at least it isn't humid. I don't know how you do it in the South. A week of visiting family in Louisiana in summer and I wanted to die!

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:18 pm

mposner wrote:
swheat wrote:

I think Arizona (as in ASU), but would like answers from the two UC's. I am from AZ; he isn't but he will get resident tuition since we will be married which will be great. I don't love the heat but at least it isn't humid. I don't know how you do it in the South. A week of visiting family in Louisiana in summer and I wanted to die!
I know, right? I went back to MS for christmas last year and it was 75 degrees and muggy. I couldn't breathe...

Which part of Louisiana? My family is from the Baton Rouge area.

mposner

New

Post by mposner » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:33 pm

swheat wrote:
mposner wrote:
swheat wrote:

I know, right? I went back to MS for christmas last year and it was 75 degrees and muggy. I couldn't breathe...

Which part of Louisiana? My family is from the Baton Rouge area.
The feeling of suffocation makes me realize why people come to California and even Arizona.
So is mine, small world!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:47 pm

Don't say Denham Springs...that would be too weird

mposner

New

Post by mposner » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:53 pm

Nope, actual Baton Rouge, but that is still so crazy!

goober

New

Post by goober » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:34 pm

Is anyone else still waiting for a response from Hastings?? I sent my app in 2/4 or so ... I haven't heard anything from them since going complete! I'm guessing that the silence isn't so promising, but still ...

Did people find out about acceptances, etc., via email or what? I live in Japan, so I have to consider it's going to take a little longer to find out if it's all snail mail notifications.

Thanks!

popozao

New

Post by popozao » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:45 pm

complete on 1/30. got in yesterday, going to ASD tomorrow.

and I am LEOP. good luck.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:46 pm

popozao wrote:complete on 1/30. got in yesterday, going to ASD tomorrow.

From another LEOP applicant... congrats!

goober

New

Post by goober » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:49 pm

popozao wrote:complete on 1/30. got in yesterday, going to ASD tomorrow.

Congrats, and thanks! Sorry for being so pesky, but how were you notified?

goober

New

Post by goober » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:50 pm

Also, is your SN (popozao) a reference to a K-Fed song??! hahaha

Lior

New

Post by Lior » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:38 am

emergencybarbie wrote:I'm sorry there are so many of us in waiting hell right now but I'm kind of glad to know I'm not the only one. I was starting to feel like my app had fallen behind someone's desk and been forgotten.
Yeah, the decision wait is isolating these days since many people have already heard back.

& no status checker means I have embarrassing thoughts like: I wonder if Hastings knew I existed initially, but forgot later on; or, maybe my application blew out the window and is now cradled in the warm embrace of the Tenderloin.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

goober

New

Post by goober » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:49 am

Yeah, I sometimes wonder if my application magically disappeared, too. (Though I never considered the possibility of it ending up in some meat product!) But it seems like there are still a few of us stragglers out there ... best of luck to you! I hope the wait will be over for us all soon!

Please update when it is :) Thanks in advance!!

Lior

New

Post by Lior » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:18 pm

goober wrote:Yeah, I sometimes wonder if my application magically disappeared, too. (Though I never considered the possibility of it ending up in some meat product!) But it seems like there are still a few of us stragglers out there ... best of luck to you! I hope the wait will be over for us all soon!

Please update when it is :) Thanks in advance!!
Thanks for the good luck wishes. I'm away from home, but my roommate has strict instructions to go through my mail for anything Hastings. I'll update if I hear anything, and good luck to everyone else!

uncle mike

New

Post by uncle mike » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:40 pm

Rejected 164/3.2/OOS/non-URM.

Fully expected.

goober

New

Post by goober » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:52 pm

uncle mike wrote:Rejected 164/3.2/OOS/non-URM.

Fully expected.

Sorry to hear that :( Looks like my rejection is probably on its way ... (as I have a slightly lower LSAT and higher GPA, which seems to mean little these days)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”