Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kyle

New

Re: Georgetown Status Check changed to Decision but no mail yet?

Post by kyle » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:56 pm

i cant believe we still havnt gotten our letters; this is getting rediculous and ill be calling tomorrow.

aed9

New

Post by aed9 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:55 pm

kyle wrote:i cant believe we still havnt gotten our letters; this is getting rediculous and ill be calling tomorrow.

I'm sure you'll get it tomorrow. I went to decision the same day as you, and I just got mine (rejection) Saturday.

kyle

New

Post by kyle » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:47 pm

sweet. ive already figured it was a rejection but the waiting is annoying.

crib

New

Post by crib » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:46 am

aed9 wrote:
kyle wrote:i cant believe we still havnt gotten our letters; this is getting rediculous and ill be calling tomorrow.

I'm sure you'll get it tomorrow. I went to decision the same day as you, and I just got mine (rejection) Saturday.
+1

dlstewart146

New

Post by dlstewart146 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:20 am

I see many people were moved from complete to decision relatively quickly (2-3 weeks). My status has officially been at complete for 7 weeks 3 days. I am assuming that top candidates are selected relatively quickly (hence the 2-3 week status update). I am also assuming that bottom of the barrel candidates will be rejected relatively quickly. If these assumptions are correct, then the middle of the pack candidates would be left in the middle as space fillers, and wait-listees. Any one with experience, are these assumptions to any degree accurate? Should those of use that have been in purgatory for months have some sort of sick gratification, knowing that we weren't rejected immediately and are therefore being seriously considered?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

olga13

New

Post by olga13 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:52 am

Hi! Just looking for some friendly advice: I went to decision on the 28th of January around 5pm. I have since tried to login to the Admitted Students site and, as of 8:30am this morning, I've been unable to. My status page was last updated on Friday, it says and my application was complete on 12/3/08.

I'm in Florida and haven't yet received my letter, but I was wondering if my inability to log in means I'm out. Stats are 166/3.92, but I (think) I've got a pretty strong resume/ps/diversity statement and letters--as we all hope, of course.

Any thoughts?

caoyun

Bronze

Post by caoyun » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:16 am

olga13 wrote:Hi! Just looking for some friendly advice: I went to decision on the 28th of January around 5pm. I have since tried to login to the Admitted Students site and, as of 8:30am this morning, I've been unable to. My status page was last updated on Friday, it says and my application was complete on 12/3/08.

I'm in Florida and haven't yet received my letter, but I was wondering if my inability to log in means I'm out. Stats are 166/3.92, but I (think) I've got a pretty strong resume/ps/diversity statement and letters--as we all hope, of course.

Any thoughts?
I'm not sure its ever been established whether Georgetown means 4 days or 4 business days since acceptance is tendered. And there were certainly a couple people who got in but couldn't access the admitted student's site.

Without knowing much about your softs, I couldn't really say what your chances are. Obviously, your GPA is fantastic, but the LSAT is a little low for Georgetown. But either way, you shouldn't lose hope yet.

olga13

New

Post by olga13 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:56 am

Thank you! Yeah, the LSAT is certainly my weak spot. Tis' a shame...but we'll see.

hoffb86

Bronze

Post by hoffb86 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:10 pm

Is the consensus that it takes longer than a couple days from going to decision to receiving the mailing? I went to decision today, I live in DC, but I leave for vacation on Wednesday morning!!! Anyone think they would tell me the decision if I went over there? Does anyone think the mailing would get there today or tomorrow if the status changed to decision today, but listed 1/30 as the date?

good luck to all.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

caoyun

Bronze

Post by caoyun » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:20 pm

hoffb86 wrote:Is the consensus that it takes longer than a couple days from going to decision to receiving the mailing? I went to decision today, I live in DC, but I leave for vacation on Wednesday morning!!! Anyone think they would tell me the decision if I went over there? Does anyone think the mailing would get there today or tomorrow if the status changed to decision today, but listed 1/30 as the date?

good luck to all.
I can't say for sure obviously, but I went to decision on either 1/20 or 1/21 (it was around midnight) and received my decision via mail on 1/23. So either way, that was three days. And you certainly live closer than I do to Georgetown.

hoffb86

Bronze

Post by hoffb86 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:22 pm

caoyun wrote:
hoffb86 wrote:Is the consensus that it takes longer than a couple days from going to decision to receiving the mailing? I went to decision today, I live in DC, but I leave for vacation on Wednesday morning!!! Anyone think they would tell me the decision if I went over there? Does anyone think the mailing would get there today or tomorrow if the status changed to decision today, but listed 1/30 as the date?

good luck to all.
I can't say for sure obviously, but I went to decision on either 1/20 or 1/21 (it was around midnight) and received my decision via mail on 1/23. So either way, that was three days. And you certainly live closer than I do to Georgetown.
Thanks very much.

atreyu

New

Post by atreyu » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:49 pm

Have any of the accepted 1/30 decision folks been able to access the admitted student site yet?

bermuda

New

Post by bermuda » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:54 pm

Last edited by bermuda on Tue May 26, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

atreyu

New

Post by atreyu » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:59 pm

bermuda wrote:
atreyu wrote:Have any of the accepted 1/30 decision folks been able to access the admitted student site yet?
1/30 decision, got the acceptance letter yesterday (dated 2/2), still can’t access the site.
thanks!

pany1985

Bronze

Post by pany1985 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:00 pm

I'm a 1/30 decision and I've yet to get anything in the mail (although naturally I've been eager to check every day this week).

I haven't tried to access the site. I'd sorta rather just wait for the letter.

A Swift

Bronze

Post by A Swift » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:38 pm

DR 2/12 and can't get into the Admitted Students Website. This is the fourth day, so is it time to start freaking out?

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:32 pm

I tried to logon onto the admitted students website by hitting the no password button and requesting one. It was emailed to my email address and I just logged in successfully. Does this mean I am in for sure, or did I circumvent the system somehow in my feverish frenzy??????

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Muddy

New

Post by Muddy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:56 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:I tried to logon onto the admitted students website by hitting the no password button and requesting one. It was emailed to my email address and I just logged in successfully. Does this mean I am in for sure, or did I circumvent the system somehow in my feverish frenzy??????
Not sure. I asked the same question in another thread. Does anyone know?

Muddy

New

Post by Muddy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Muddy wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:I tried to logon onto the admitted students website by hitting the no password button and requesting one. It was emailed to my email address and I just logged in successfully. Does this mean I am in for sure, or did I circumvent the system somehow in my feverish frenzy??????
Not sure. I asked the same question in another thread. Does anyone know?
If you can log into the admitted students' section, does that mean "for sure" that you're in?

CG614

Silver

Post by CG614 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”