University of Oregon Law

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Post Reply
JOThompson

Silver
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by JOThompson » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:45 am

Fecta23 wrote:
JOThompson wrote:
yo! wrote:
JOThompson wrote:Received the admissions packet today. $10k renewable scholarship. I'm excited about the possibility of staying in Oregon, but still waiting on a couple more decisions.
Numbers?
159/3.74. I'm instate. I imagine that my personal statement and softs explain the generous offer, my LSAT sucks.

Are you a URM?
Nope, not a URM. I did write a Why Oregon essay though.

User avatar
sarlis

Silver
Posts: 691
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by sarlis » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:03 pm

IN at Oregon!!!!

5k a year scholly!

Chudancha

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by Chudancha » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:29 pm

sarlis wrote:IN at Oregon!!!!

5k a year scholly!
Congrats! Welcome, and now for Lewis and Clark and University of Washington right?

User avatar
sarlis

Silver
Posts: 691
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by sarlis » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:30 pm

Chudancha wrote:
sarlis wrote:IN at Oregon!!!!

5k a year scholly!
Congrats! Welcome, and now for Lewis and Clark and University of Washington right?
Thanks!

Yes, i am still waiting for them too!!!

Neelio

Silver
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by Neelio » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:32 pm

When did all you acceptances apply? I applied later on in the cycle and was told that they wouldn't be sending acceptances out until late feb... should I be worried??

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
sarlis

Silver
Posts: 691
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by sarlis » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:36 pm

Neelio wrote:When did all you acceptances apply? I applied later on in the cycle and was told that they wouldn't be sending acceptances out until late feb... should I be worried??
I applied in late october, early november

yo!

Silver
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by yo! » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:36 pm

Neelio wrote:When did all you acceptances apply? I applied later on in the cycle and was told that they wouldn't be sending acceptances out until late feb... should I be worried??
You will be fine. What do you care anyway? You are an auto-admit at Oregon and will probably get into much better schools with more money.

Neelio

Silver
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by Neelio » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:38 pm

yo! wrote:
Neelio wrote:When did all you acceptances apply? I applied later on in the cycle and was told that they wouldn't be sending acceptances out until late feb... should I be worried??
You will be fine. What do you care anyway? You are an auto-admit at Oregon and will probably get into much better schools with more money.
I hope so... I care because I really like Oregon, and want to make a move to the pacific NW. Plus, I haven't heard ANYTHING from anybody yet, so I was hoping for an acceptance this week.

yo!

Silver
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by yo! » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:41 pm

Neelio wrote:
yo! wrote:
Neelio wrote:When did all you acceptances apply? I applied later on in the cycle and was told that they wouldn't be sending acceptances out until late feb... should I be worried??
You will be fine. What do you care anyway? You are an auto-admit at Oregon and will probably get into much better schools with more money.
I hope so... I care because I really like Oregon, and want to make a move to the pacific NW. Plus, I haven't heard ANYTHING from anybody yet, so I was hoping for an acceptance this week.
If you like the PNW, why not apply to L&C?

EDIT: FWIW, you are in at Davis at the very least.
Last edited by yo! on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


Neelio

Silver
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by Neelio » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:43 pm

yo! wrote:
Neelio wrote:
yo! wrote:
Neelio wrote:When did all you acceptances apply? I applied later on in the cycle and was told that they wouldn't be sending acceptances out until late feb... should I be worried??
You will be fine. What do you care anyway? You are an auto-admit at Oregon and will probably get into much better schools with more money.
I hope so... I care because I really like Oregon, and want to make a move to the pacific NW. Plus, I haven't heard ANYTHING from anybody yet, so I was hoping for an acceptance this week.
If you like the PNW, why not apply to L&C?
I applied to UW and Oregon, and probably should have applied to L&C as well... I had a friend that went to L&C, but told me that if I wasn't 100% sure about Environmental Law, I shouldn't go there...

isaiah6v8

Bronze
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by isaiah6v8 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:50 pm

In at Oregon. 4K a year. Kinda unsure about job prospects coming out. My reasons for Oregon is that I will have family attending grad school there concurrently, and that I like the area a lot. But some of the things I have read make it seem like a poor choice possibly. Thoughts?

User avatar
usuaggie

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by usuaggie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:03 pm

Ah i'm so torn between schools right now.

oregon, penn state, utah, unlv, arizona state.

unlv is only on there because it would cost zero for food or housing since I could live at home. just GAH i almost want to be rejected by utah and asu to make my choice easier.

yo!

Silver
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by yo! » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:05 pm

usuaggie wrote:Ah i'm so torn between schools right now.

oregon, penn state, utah, unlv, arizona state.

unlv is only on there because it would cost zero for food or housing since I could live at home. just GAH i almost want to be rejected by utah and asu to make my choice easier.
blasphemy!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


User avatar
usuaggie

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by usuaggie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:39 pm

yo! wrote:
usuaggie wrote:Ah i'm so torn between schools right now.

oregon, penn state, utah, unlv, arizona state.

unlv is only on there because it would cost zero for food or housing since I could live at home. just GAH i almost want to be rejected by utah and asu to make my choice easier.
blasphemy!
I know. I'm going crazy.

User avatar
ozarkhack

Bronze
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by ozarkhack » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:11 pm

In today via snail mail. Non-resident. $2K/year, which is better than a poke in the eye.

Good luck all.

yo!

Silver
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by yo! » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:10 pm

Does anyone on here have an idea of what the tuition increases will be over the next couple years? I'm considering Oregon because it is cheap, but that all could be out the window if there is a big tuition increase.

User avatar
usuaggie

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by usuaggie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:27 pm

yo! wrote:Does anyone on here have an idea of what the tuition increases will be over the next couple years? I'm considering Oregon because it is cheap, but that all could be out the window if there is a big tuition increase.
tuition was $25,610 last year
$27,818 (Nonresident) this yr.
not awful....but still almost 10%

no info on what will happen now though, but unlv has gone from 9,000 to 20,000 in 2 years, so a small increase here doesn't seem as drastic.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
hans3n

Bronze
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:05 am

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by hans3n » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:38 pm

This is gonna be one of my questions the next time I have a chance to speak with a Oregon rep.

User avatar
anothernancydrew

Bronze
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by anothernancydrew » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:29 pm

IN today with 9k per year scholarship. Congrats to all of today's lucky winners!

User avatar
anthonyc350

Bronze
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:22 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by anthonyc350 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:41 pm

In w/ 4k

zermatt1

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by zermatt1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:43 pm

In today, 5k per year. 160/3.6

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


Neelio

Silver
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by Neelio » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:44 pm

all admits today snail mail? any east coasters?

martin024

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by martin024 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:28 pm

Neelio wrote:all admits today snail mail? any east coasters?
Still waiting in nj.

aimhigh09

Bronze
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:43 am

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by aimhigh09 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Haven't been following this thread so I was pleasantly surprised to see a packet in my mailbox from UO today here in Washington, DC. In with $8k/year!

Stats/dates on LSN under same user name.

User avatar
charcop

New
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:32 am

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by charcop » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:59 pm

In today via snail mail. OOS- $10k/yr

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”