University of Oregon Law Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ShelleyVA

New

Re: University of Oregon Law

Post by ShelleyVA » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:54 pm

TheRyanocerous wrote:
ShelleyVA wrote:Is Oregon the first choice for anyone else?
Oregon is my top school if it ends up being significantly cheaper than every ware else... I would like to go other places but if it come down to 150K at Santa Clara or USD or 60K at Oregon then im going to go with U of O every time... I go to Oregon State for my undergrad though so I find the prospect of attending Oregon physically painful in many ways.
Haha, I understand. First, just let me say that despite what you may have experienced at the Civil War, not all Duck fans are assholes. I went to UO for my undergrad and I've honestly been embarrassed at the way some some students behave, but we're not all like that. Secondly, my boyfriend is an OSU fan and he's lived in Eugene for a long time without going crazy, so it is possible!!!

katjust

Bronze

Post by katjust » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:56 pm

I have a tier system set up for my choices.

Oregon is in the second tier behind three other schools. However, if Oregon offers me enough money and/or it proves to be less expensive (or I fall in love with it when I visit) it might vault into the top tier.

ShelleyVA

New

Post by ShelleyVA » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:57 pm

katjust wrote:
I have a tier system set up for my choices.

Oregon is in the second tier behind three other schools. However, if Oregon offers me enough money and/or it proves to be less expensive (or I fall in love with it when I visit) it might vault into the top tier.

Falling in love with Eugene really depends on what you're looking for. Feel free to PM me if you have questions about campus, Eugene, etc. etc.

prophecybysnakes

New

Post by prophecybysnakes » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:46 pm

Oregon was like my third or fourth choice but my first choice rejected me...so it keeps going up the rankings! However, I'm highly skeptical they will admit me.

Clever username

New

Post by Clever username » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:53 pm

So is Eugene really as boring and bum-filled as people make it out to be? Or have I just spent too much time on TLS?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

katjust

Bronze

Post by katjust » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Clever username wrote:So is Eugene really as boring and bum-filled as people make it out to be? Or have I just spent too much time on TLS?
It was named the #2 vegetarian friendly small city. That is important to me and my family. (SLC is #3 on the list, where we live now)

ShelleyVA

New

Post by ShelleyVA » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:01 pm

The same goes for everyone, if you have questions about Eugene or UO, feel free to ask me. I did my undergrad at UO and I've lived in Eugene for 5 years now. I love it so I'm a little biased, but I know I would hate to be looking at moving to a town without knowing anything about it.

prophecybysnakes wrote:Oregon was like my third or fourth choice but my first choice rejected me...so it keeps going up the rankings! However, I'm highly skeptical they will admit me.

Sorry about your first choice. Hopefully you get in somewhere you'd like to attend! Good luck to everyone!

ShelleyVA

New

Post by ShelleyVA » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:03 pm

Clever username wrote:So is Eugene really as boring and bum-filled as people make it out to be? Or have I just spent too much time on TLS?
It really depends. There are a lot of bums here, I would say 99.9% of bums in Eugene are friendly and don't cause problems. They ask you for change, you decide whether or not to give it to them, and move on. There is the .1% that can be pretty obnoxious (i.e. the ones that party behind my fence at all hours of the morning), but they are definitely the minority. It also depends heavily on what part of town you live in/spend time in.

Cal4future

New

Post by Cal4future » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:05 pm

Oregon is up there for me. Do they like military applicants? It was the only school that required I send my DD214.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

icarter

Bronze

Post by icarter » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:06 pm

I am also a current Eugene resident and have been here for 4 years so feel free to PM me with any questions as well!

pdennis1000

New

Post by pdennis1000 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:13 pm

I never had an issue with bums in Eugene while I was in undergrad. I only really encountered them around the campus entrance at 13th and Kincaid and at the bus depot (but pretty much any bus depot has bums I've noticed). Does Frog still hang outside the campus selling "joke books?"

ShelleyVA

New

Post by ShelleyVA » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:14 pm

Cal4future wrote:Oregon is up there for me. Do they like military applicants? It was the only school that required I send my DD214.
I can't really speak to that aspect of it because I don't know that much about the military applicant process. I did have quite a few veterans in my classes in undergrad, but I don't know how much that information helps you.

69sofine

Bronze

Post by 69sofine » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:14 pm

pdennis1000 wrote:I never had an issue with bums in Eugene while I was in undergrad. I only really encountered them around the campus entrance at 13th and Kincaid and at the bus depot (but pretty much any bus depot has bums I've noticed). Does Frog still hang outside the campus selling "joke books?"
Have you heard the funniest joke book in the world? Jokes so funny you'll shit your pants!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

icarter

Bronze

Post by icarter » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:15 pm

pdennis1000 wrote:I never had an issue with bums in Eugene while I was in undergrad. I only really encountered them around the campus entrance at 13th and Kincaid and at the bus depot (but pretty much any bus depot has bums I've noticed). Does Frog still hang outside the campus selling "joke books?"
Yes! Frog is everywhere.

pdennis1000

New

Post by pdennis1000 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:15 pm

Cal4future wrote:Oregon is up there for me. Do they like military applicants? It was the only school that required I send my DD214.
Interesting question. UO definitely leans left but they do house an Army ROTC program so there is a military presence on campus (not very big, though).

ShelleyVA

New

Post by ShelleyVA » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:16 pm

Yes, Frog is still there. I fear he'll be down on material with Bush leaving office, but I'm sure he'll come up with something.

The bus depot is bad for bums, but wouldn't you guys agree that the vast majority of them aren't that bad in terms of bothering you or causing problems?

icarter

Bronze

Post by icarter » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:25 pm

[/quote]
The bus depot is bad for bums, but wouldn't you guys agree that the vast majority of them aren't that bad in terms of bothering you or causing problems?[/quote]

I'd agree. Its more of the punk kids that cause problems. Downtown at night is filled with punk kids although hopefully with the new downtown exclusion law problems will decrease. As a result of this, the economy and other factors, downtown eugene has little to offer and is filled with vacant buildings currently.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

J Mack

New

Post by J Mack » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:07 pm

Oregon is in my top 3, anyone waiting for Oregon also apply to Lewis and Clark or Seattle?

pdennis1000

New

Post by pdennis1000 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:13 pm

I applied to Seattle and L&C too. Seattle was nice enough to send me a status checker login today that revealed my waitlist status with them. That really doesn't bode well with my odds at UO or L&C. L&C is my #1 school.

Whitty

Bronze

Post by Whitty » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:15 pm

Oregon and L&C here too....sigh.

J Mack

New

Post by J Mack » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:22 pm

I go back and forth on which is my #1 between Oregon, L&C, and Seattle. I got an acceptance to Seattle mid December, still waiting for Oregon to start reviewing I guess.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pdennis1000

New

Post by pdennis1000 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:44 pm

Whitty wrote:Oregon and L&C here too....sigh.

I'm hoping we each get into both. We can then commiserate trying to decide between the two. :D

pdennis1000

New

Post by pdennis1000 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:45 pm

Oh, did anyone apply to Willamette?

Whitty

Bronze

Post by Whitty » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:46 pm

pdennis1000 wrote:

I'm hoping we each get into both. We can then commiserate trying to decide between the two. :D

Indeed :wink:

And no, I didnt bother with Willamette, not sure why. I had a fw but I just wasnt interested for some reason.

ShelleyVA

New

Post by ShelleyVA » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:00 pm

Whitty wrote:
pdennis1000 wrote:

Indeed :wink:

And no, I didnt bother with Willamette, not sure why. I had a fw but I just wasnt interested for some reason.
Most likely because Willamette is in Salem. I applied though. :oops:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”