University of Washington Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
HipHopAPotamus

New

Re: University of Washington

Post by HipHopAPotamus » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:31 am

NDDT wrote:Wait list for me. Can't say I'm surprised. Undergrad at UW, Washington resident, 3.5, 171, Graduate Degree, good softs. Wait...I'm kind of surprised. Once again, 3/26 decision.
Wow I'm very suprised you got WLed with your numbers and being a Washington resident (maybe yield protection?).
I got waitlisted too(3/26 decision), my numbers are above their medians, so I was kind of chocking it up to being an out of stater from Oregon (wouldn't add too much diversity to class I suppose). I'm very dissapointed though; I really wanted to go there.

Anyone know if they rank their waitlist?

bruiser428

New

Post by bruiser428 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:49 pm

Also a waitlist. Surprised to not have been rejected given my numbers but disappointed as I most likely would have gone there.

mako_shark

New

Post by mako_shark » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:36 pm

any updates from the 25,26,27 decision groups?

judgemillslane77

New

Post by judgemillslane77 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:07 pm

26 - waitlist

ivesetsail

New

Post by ivesetsail » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:21 pm

Last edited by ivesetsail on Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

macattaq

Bronze

Post by macattaq » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:23 pm

ivesetsail wrote:27 - Rejected

I expected this at the beginning of the cycle...but my hopes had risen over the past 4.5 months as my status checker "in review" date continued to change - 6 times in fact - I was seemingly passing continued reviews. If I would have been rejected right away, this wouldn't be so frustrating. UW wins for application process that pissed me off the most...and I was truly interested </rant>.
Where do you live?

ivesetsail

New

Post by ivesetsail » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:23 pm

Last edited by ivesetsail on Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macattaq

Bronze

Post by macattaq » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:36 pm

ivesetsail wrote:Minnesota - the letter was postmarked the 26th
Ah. Well, sorry about the bad news! Best of luck with the rest!

ivesetsail

New

Post by ivesetsail » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:39 pm

Last edited by ivesetsail on Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thruruby

New

Post by thruruby » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:56 pm

Last edited by thruruby on Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macattaq

Bronze

Post by macattaq » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:01 pm

3/27 - Rejected.

thefalls

New

Post by thefalls » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:21 am

3/26 - waitlist

ak2ca

New

Post by ak2ca » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:37 am

Hi All,

I am in the 3/26 decision group. I've been out of town so I haven't had a chance to check my mailbox (presuming waitlist or rejection). I also applied to the Gates Public Interest Scholars program. They said that they would notify applicants who will not be asked to participate in the interviews (because they were rejected, waitlisted or aren't selected for the program). The interviews are supposedly coming up this weekend: Has anyone heard anything from the Gates people?

Thanks!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pubintrst

New

Post by pubintrst » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:23 pm

ak2ca wrote:Hi All,

I am in the 3/26 decision group. I've been out of town so I haven't had a chance to check my mailbox (presuming waitlist or rejection). I also applied to the Gates Public Interest Scholars program. They said that they would notify applicants who will not be asked to participate in the interviews (because they were rejected, waitlisted or aren't selected for the program). The interviews are supposedly coming up this weekend: Has anyone heard anything from the Gates people?

Thanks!
I was just accepted on Friday and had also applied for the Gates PSL scholarship. I called admissions yesterday morning and asked if I was considered for the Gates PSL and was told I would have needed to be accepted by the end of February to be considered.

Bummer. Especially for those nice folks who spent all that time on those additional LOR's. However, and I've been thinking about this for at least a month, I would have gladly agreed to this scenario as the price of admission.

I pleaded my case for about 15 seconds to the admissions officer yesterday, knowing I had no shot but refusing to not try, primarily b/c my non-profit experience and public interest career were huge parts of my application, not my numbers.

Congrats to any TLSers who are going to Finalist Week(end) and best of luck with your intervies.

ak2ca

New

Post by ak2ca » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:16 pm

Thanks for the response!

Sure would have been nice if they had sent that notification like they said they would. I find it very frustrating when people (read: Gates PSL Ad Comms) can't be bothered to send an email stating that I've missed the boat. That was a pretty time and labor intensive process -- would an email be too much to ask?

BenjaminAlan

New

Post by BenjaminAlan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:18 pm

ak2ca wrote:Thanks for the response!

Sure would have been nice if they had sent that notification like they said they would. I find it very frustrating when people (read: Gates PSL Ad Comms) can't be bothered to send an email stating that I've missed the boat. That was a pretty time and labor intensive process -- would an email be too much to ask?
I'm not in your shoes, but I will say that UW is one of my top choices and I have run into a few such frustrating communication issues. I can't help but have this impact my view of the school as a whole. Maybe I'm just funny -- I think so in this regard -- but sometimes I say to myself "geez thats annoying, I dont want to go to a school like that" while other times I think "happens at every school probably to some degree and its not likely to imapct my future at all...."

But I think its important to note that 1) all good law schools are trying to sell themselves, they want a lot of applications and they want people to want to go there and they want a good word of mouth reputation 2) if one law school does something that leaves a bad taste in your mouth, then why? whats their excuse? if one does and one doesnt, to me, it notes a difference in those two schools. maybe its just one guy thats really good at one school vs. one thats bad at another (at their job). or, maybe its indiciative of something else. and, hopefully if it is just one guy (though it could be 5), he's not that important....

maybe I'm over-analyzing or over-reacting....or maybe I'm just crazy.

although I did read about how on of UW's past deans had conflict with the faculty for not doing a good enough job and that some people accused him of being responsible for the UW dropping in the rankings several spots due to a clerical error of some kind. this sort of thing makes me care about what goes on behind hte scenes, you dont want to go to a school where someone there might drop a ball of some kind. it would never have a great impact on your career, but could be really frustrating. enough said.

pedal

New

Post by pedal » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:52 pm

3/26. Waitlist. Withdrawing.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ak2ca

New

Post by ak2ca » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:24 pm

Also 3/26 waitlist, withdrew yesterday

Sad not to be selected (I love Seattle), but glad to know I have other solid options.

WAsRuralTransplant

New

Post by WAsRuralTransplant » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:37 pm

Anyone receive a financial aid package yet?

kalydscopeeyes

New

Post by kalydscopeeyes » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:12 pm

I'm 99% sure I'll end up here... I haven't heard anything for financial aid/scholarships, but if anyone does, please keep us posted :)

btrflykss12

New

Post by btrflykss12 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:27 pm

I called the Financial Aid office. They *hope* to have packages out before the April 15 but can't make any guarantees. I'm honestly surprised at how late admissions/denials/WLs and financial aid packages have been sent out. Makes it quite difficult to make an informed decision about where to attend.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

WAsRuralTransplant

New

Post by WAsRuralTransplant » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:03 pm

btrflykss12 wrote:I called the Financial Aid office. They *hope* to have packages out before the April 15 but can't make any guarantees. I'm honestly surprised at how late admissions/denials/WLs and financial aid packages have been sent out. Makes it quite difficult to make an informed decision about where to attend.
It means that they're losing a lot of qualified students to better schools. Right now I'm trying to pick between a T6 and UW. UW is making that choice a frustrating one.

naivekid1986

New

Post by naivekid1986 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:12 pm

i'm in.
but gotta pay sticker.

btrflykss12

New

Post by btrflykss12 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:17 pm

naivekid1986 wrote:i'm in.
but gotta pay sticker.
Have you already received your financial aid package or just assuming based on other schools' packages?

Tubaman543

New

Post by Tubaman543 » Tue May 05, 2009 6:56 pm

In today via email.

Waitlisted 3/26 group.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”