University of Washington Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TheRyanocerous

Bronze

Re: University of Washington

Post by TheRyanocerous » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Has anyone received a 2/6 decision yet?

n4sir1999

New

Post by n4sir1999 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:50 pm

TheRyanocerous wrote:Has anyone received a 2/6 decision yet?

No, but I had a dream that they were WL's :roll:

bishopus

New

Post by bishopus » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:53 pm

Akk, just went to Decision this afternoon (2/7 is the decision date given, but the checker only updated 2/9).

It's funny, I've already gotten into three programs ranked higher, but I grew up within spitting distance of 'YouDub' and it was always The Place to go. It has such a good reputation in the region. I didn't have the HS grades to get in, and now I'm more nervous/intimidated than I was when I saw 'Decision' on the UMich or Georgetown checkers....

tom1986

New

Post by tom1986 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:53 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
tom1986 wrote:My father in law moved out of Seattle and into Des Moines, which is just South of there. As far as I heard from him, he saves a ton of money on rent and enjoys being just outside the hustle and bustle of Seattle. He can walk to the beach (rocky, beautiful NW beach) from his house. Yet Seattle is real close. In my opinion, it is a place to consider, depending on if people want the big city or small town feel. If I get into UW, I will def check out places near the campus, first. It would def. be more expensive and prob. lookin at a small apt., but being able to walk/bike to campus would be great.
I thought you meant Iowa and was going to wonder what beaches he was talking about.
yes...he has a long commute from iowa to WA......

tom1986

New

Post by tom1986 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:00 pm

I called and talked to Norma today at UW. She said they are still figuring out the online status checker, so i don't think we should read too much into them. Under mailings I have two 2/6 "Decision Letter"s but my buddy Norma looked at my file and said nothing has yet to be sent out. She said to wait till the end of Feb. :(

that plus my rejection letter from dream school Columbia, and this has been a pretty shitty day. :cry:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

b1887

New

Post by b1887 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:20 pm

I called the financial aid office this morning and the following is what I found out about the financial aid statement:

It is, apparently, not another personal statement, per se. What the financial aid officer told me was that the primary purpose of the statement is to provide us with a chance to narrate our financial backgrounds (i.e., a chance to place a voice to the numbers retrieved from the FAFSA form). In addition, I was told that providing our general background (where we grew up, nationality, where we graduated from, etc.) as well as outlining our interests (legal and otherwise) would be appropriate for the statement. I am guessing that, for some of us, the personal statement and the financial aid statement will overlap in some parts.

The financial aid officer was very helpful throughout the phone call. I highly recommend all of you to call the office (the number is listed on the front page of the green letter, which is different from that of the admissions office) for further clarifications. Good luck with your statements.

AHouseDivided

New

Post by AHouseDivided » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:24 pm

tom1986 wrote:
I called and talked to Norma today at UW. She said they are still figuring out the online status checker, so i don't think we should read too much into them. Under mailings I have two 2/6 "Decision Letter"s but my buddy Norma looked at my file and said nothing has yet to be sent out. She said to wait till the end of Feb. :(

that plus my rejection letter from dream school Columbia, and this has been a pretty shitty day. :cry:
Nice of you to check for everyone, Tom (not that it will stop any of the freaking out :) ). Sorry to hear about Columbia. I felt the same way about Berkeley. My crappy UGPA made me a sure (not)thing, but having the dream crushed still sucks.

rubies

New

Post by rubies » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:33 am

tom1986 wrote:

sucks... but thanks for checking, tom. =]

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:35 am

tom1986 wrote:

Dammit. And here I was thinking I was going to get all this news at once. Well, there goes the thought of an acceptance, brief as it was.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tom1986

New

Post by tom1986 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:38 am

AHouseDivided wrote:
tom1986 wrote:

Nice of you to check for everyone, Tom (not that it will stop any of the freaking out :) ). Sorry to hear about Columbia. I felt the same way about Berkeley. My crappy UGPA made me a sure (not)thing, but having the dream crushed still sucks.
Thanks for your sympathy. its nice to have TLS as a place for people to vent and share in both our successes and failures. My 1st rejection letter was from berkeley, and then columbia was my 2nd. my lsat score is way lower than average for those top schools, but it still sucks to know you aren't wanted somewhere. I just want to get that 1st acceptance letter, then it won't be too bad to get a rejection. My strategy (partly because of my 154 LSAT) is to cast a wide net so to speak, and so I applied to 15 schools.
UW is my top choice though, so we'll see!

ASUBoyd

New

Post by ASUBoyd » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:58 am

Just got accepted today. Out of state, 4.0/170. Said they accepted 180 for fall '09.

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:07 am

ASUBoyd wrote:Just got accepted today. Out of state, 4.0/170. Said they accepted 180 for fall '09.
Congratulations!!...Do you mean that they have already accepted the whole class already?...

ASUBoyd

New

Post by ASUBoyd » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:18 am

tvaddicted wrote:
ASUBoyd wrote:Just got accepted today. Out of state, 4.0/170. Said they accepted 180 for fall '09.
Congratulations!!...Do you mean that they have already accepted the whole class already?...
Thanks! I am not sure, my letter just says "We received over 2400 applicants for the 180 spots in the class"

It sounds like they haven't accepted the entire class yet! Don't worry if you are still waiting :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HipHopAPotamus

New

Post by HipHopAPotamus » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:27 am

ASUBoyd wrote:
tvaddicted wrote:
Thanks! I am not sure, my letter just says "We received over 2400 applicants for the 180 spots in the class"

It sounds like they haven't accepted the entire class yet! Don't worry if you are still waiting :)
They'll want to have 180 students actually enroll, so they'll accept alot more than 180. Last year they made 601 offers out of 2392 apps, so I'd expect about the same this year.

ASUBoyd

New

Post by ASUBoyd » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:41 am

HipHopAPotamus wrote:
ASUBoyd wrote:
tvaddicted wrote:

They'll want to have 180 students actually enroll, so they'll accept alot more than 180. Last year they made 601 offers out of 2392 apps, so I'd expect about the same this year.
Good info.

Like the FotC reference too.

n4sir1999

New

Post by n4sir1999 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:34 pm

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:36 pm

n4sir1999 wrote:
Well, my thing now says Decision and has Decision Letter as 2/10, as well as 2/6. I think this time it's for real. :shock:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

n4sir1999

New

Post by n4sir1999 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:41 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
n4sir1999 wrote:
Well, my thing now says Decision and has Decision Letter as 2/10, as well as 2/6. I think this time it's for real. :shock:

me too!

Decision (1/14/09)

Mailings:
Decision Letter Sent (02/10/09)
Decision Letter Sent (02/06/09)

AlyoshaKmz

New

Post by AlyoshaKmz » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:49 pm

n4sir1999 wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:
n4sir1999 wrote:

me too!

Decision (1/14/09)

Mailings:
Decision Letter Sent (02/10/09)
Decision Letter Sent (02/06/09)

+1, except Decision dated 1/22...decision letter sent 2/6 and 2/10

luckygehrig

New

Post by luckygehrig » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:00 pm

/
Last edited by luckygehrig on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emoticons777

Bronze

Post by emoticons777 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:00 pm

Me three, I'm worried.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bingo

New

Post by bingo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:07 pm

Decision: 2/9
Decision Letter 2/6

kalydscopeeyes

New

Post by kalydscopeeyes » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:11 pm

Gah! They hate me! I have been in review for centuries with no decisions, real or suggested by the status checker. Grr! The only change is the date went up to like 1/22/09.

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:20 pm

emoticons777 wrote:Me three, I'm worried.
Ditto. :(

Then again, I don't know if I could have even afforded to visit Seattle, haha.

TheRyanocerous

Bronze

Post by TheRyanocerous » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:31 pm

Same thing for me...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”