University of Washington Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kbsenegal

New

Re: University of Washington

Post by kbsenegal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:06 pm

AlyoshaKmz wrote:
emoticons777 wrote:My status checker says “In Review” 1/19/09. But it also says “Decision Letter” 2/6/09. It’s the 4th . . . what does this mean?!? I know I’ve turned crazy, but seriously?
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm starting to think these status checkers are just elaborate pranks.
My cracked out theory is that they send out decisions each Monday (earlier in this thread someone said that after talking to admissions) and that each decision date is a code for which letter they're sending...or something like that. My status checker changed to decision date on 1/24 on 1/26 or 27...and I know I checked it in between...plus the 24th is a Saturday.

So they probably won't be mailing your letter from the future.

emoticons777

Bronze

Post by emoticons777 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:08 pm

AlyoshaKmz wrote:
emoticons777 wrote:My status checker says “In Review” 1/19/09. But it also says “Decision Letter” 2/6/09. It’s the 4th . . . what does this mean?!? I know I’ve turned crazy, but seriously?
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm starting to think these status checkers are just elaborate pranks.
They're not funny!

AlyoshaKmz

New

Post by AlyoshaKmz » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:13 pm

kbsenegal wrote:
AlyoshaKmz wrote:
My cracked out theory is that they send out decisions each Monday (earlier in this thread someone said that after talking to admissions) and that each decision date is a code for which letter they're sending...or something like that. My status checker changed to decision date on 1/24 on 1/26 or 27...and I know I checked it in between...plus the 24th is a Saturday.

So they probably won't be mailing your letter from the future.
You never know, maybe adcoms at Washington developed time travel to figure out which of us turn out to be successful students and are basing their decision on that.

pedal

New

Post by pedal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:26 pm

I wonder if adcoms unwind in the evenings by opening a beer and laughing their asses off at applicants freaking out on this forum. You gotta admit: we're pretty ridiculous.

kbsenegal

New

Post by kbsenegal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:36 pm

pedal wrote:I wonder if adcoms unwind in the evenings by opening a beer and laughing their asses off at applicants freaking out on this forum. You gotta admit: we're pretty ridiculous.
I hope they at least get some enjoyment out of it. Somebody should.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

n4sir1999

New

Post by n4sir1999 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:57 pm

me too...

decision letter sent 02/06

jcl2

Bronze

Post by jcl2 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:09 pm

The really strange thing is that the status checker still says "in review" despite the "decision letter" date. Waitlist maybe?

I still have decision and decision letter dated 1/18. I am anxiously waiting to check my mail when I get home at 6. Since a few people with those early decision dates living in Seattle got theirs yesterday, I figure mine should probably be here on the east side of the mountains today.

AHouseDivided

New

Post by AHouseDivided » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:25 pm

pedal wrote:I wonder if adcoms unwind in the evenings by opening a beer and laughing their asses off at applicants freaking out on this forum. You gotta admit: we're pretty ridiculous.
Painful but astute observation, Pedal. I think I'll join the adcoms in a beer so that I can feel marginally less foolish :)

Edit:
I just noticed, while checking my status again like a moron (thanks, Pedal...now I notice how silly that is each time I do it), that I am also "In Review" as of 1/15/09 and have a "decision sent" note for 2/6/09.

All hail the time traveling adcoms at U Wash!

natelaw

New

Post by natelaw » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:02 pm

Just got a text saying my letter is at house.....Sitting in class right now trying to decide if I should grab my stuff and drive home or wait till the end....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

newman_

New

Post by newman_ » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:10 pm

I am in! Just for the record here are the stats: 3.94/159, white male, WA resident and did my undergrad at UW. However, I do have irregular softs, which I think is evident that UW actually does try have a holistic admissions process.
Good luck everyone else!

natelaw

New

Post by natelaw » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:11 pm

still no dings right?

nepgoon

New

Post by nepgoon » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:04 pm

newman wrote:I do have irregular softs, which I think is evident that UW actually does try have a holistic admissions process.
Congratulations! Mind elaborating?

Will you attend?

jcl2

Bronze

Post by jcl2 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:13 pm

Still no mail here. I thought there was a good chance it would be here today.

For those of you who got letters today: are you all in western Washington?

I guess if they sent them out Monday afternoon it would make sense for people in Seattle to get them on Tuesday, most of the rest of the west side on Wednesday, and most of the NW on Thursday. I think my mail probably gets routed through Yakima before coming to me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

newman_

New

Post by newman_ » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:22 pm

nepgoon wrote:
newman wrote:I do have irregular softs, which I think is evident that UW actually does try have a holistic admissions process.
Congratulations! Mind elaborating?

Will you attend?
I will most likely be attending, unless of course I slide through a specific "committee review" or get off a certain waitlist...

As for the softs: I have a lot of international experience in the field of human rights legal advocacy, among other things. Hope this helps.

bhut13

New

Post by bhut13 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:59 pm

well that gives my 160/3.7 from UW/WA resident some hope...thanks.

luckygehrig

New

Post by luckygehrig » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:31 pm

/
Last edited by luckygehrig on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

natelaw

New

Post by natelaw » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:08 am

Got my acceptance letter today! :) Really really excited. Was a top choice. Will probably be attending unless Gtown or Cornell let me in.

Was a small standard envelope. Im in Sultan WA (about an hour from Seattle) Took 2 days to get here.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MaiKleenex

New

Post by MaiKleenex » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:39 am

Congratulations :o :o :o :o :o

TheRyanocerous

Bronze

Post by TheRyanocerous » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:03 pm

has anyone that has decision letter sent on 2/6 gotten a decision yet?

AHouseDivided

New

Post by AHouseDivided » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:09 pm

C'mon Ryan, only adcoms can travel into the future. If everyone had superpowers, we'd all be adcoms.

TheRyanocerous

Bronze

Post by TheRyanocerous » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:41 pm

AHouseDivided wrote:C'mon Ryan, only adcoms can travel into the future. If everyone had superpowers, we'd all be adcoms.
I wouldn't, I would be out fighting crime...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:47 pm

TheRyanocerous wrote:has anyone that has decision letter sent on 2/6 gotten a decision yet?
Now I know what you mean; I have this too. It says File in Review 1/15, but under mailing it says Decision Letter Sent Date: 2/6. :shock:

TheRyanocerous

Bronze

Post by TheRyanocerous » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:51 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
TheRyanocerous wrote:has anyone that has decision letter sent on 2/6 gotten a decision yet?
Now I know what you mean; I have this too. It says File in Review 1/15, but under mailing it says Decision Letter Sent Date: 2/6. :shock:
Its weird isn't it? I have had it since yesterday and I'm confused if it means that they are going to send it on Friday, or if its a typo, or the end of the week is automatically entered... I have no idea...

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:53 pm

TheRyanocerous wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:
Its weird isn't it? I have had it since yesterday and I'm confused if it means that they are going to send it on Friday, or if its a typo, or the end of the week is automatically entered... I have no idea...
Well, if it means a letter is to be sent tomorrow, and it is not a typo, then, by the theory of this thread thus far, we'd be getting acceptances, wouldn't we?

TheRyanocerous

Bronze

Post by TheRyanocerous » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:57 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
TheRyanocerous wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:
Well, if it means a letter is to be sent tomorrow, and it is not a typo, then, by the theory of this thread thus far, we'd be getting acceptances, wouldn't we?
I'm pretty sure if I got accepted to Washington I would loose it mentally for about an hour... I'm not getting my hopes up because I don't think its to likely lol...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”