University of Washington Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Whitty

Bronze

Re: University of Washington

Post by Whitty » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:43 pm

Uh-oh...decision mailed yesterday.

Me thinks this is not good news :cry:

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:46 pm

Whitty wrote:Uh-oh...decision mailed yesterday.

Me thinks this is not good news :cry:
You never know, it might be good news!...I still have not even went to decision and I have been in review since 1/9...are there any others out there whose status says in review 1/23?

kalydscopeeyes

New

Post by kalydscopeeyes » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:02 pm

tvaddicted wrote:.are there any others out there whose status says in review 1/23?
Mine says 1/22/09 and has never changed to Decision. The only change has been the date changing once or twice. For some reason, I am hopeful. I just got waitlisted at UVA with my 159/3.84, so who knows, right? For the record, I am from Oregon and thus out of state. I did apply for the PSL Scholarship, so maybe that's tying it up?

Marmot

Bronze

Post by Marmot » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:04 pm

tvaddicted wrote:You never know, it might be good news!...I still have not even went to decision and I have been in review since 1/9...are there any others out there whose status says in review 1/23?
Yup, I went complete on 1/9 and have 1/23 as my review status date. Since I'm quite the reach and not a URM, I'm hoping that their "holistic" approach factors in such things as public service, strong recs, a great personal statement, and my instinctual ability to find the nearest Caffe Vita location at any point in the city.

AHouseDivided

New

Post by AHouseDivided » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:01 pm

Marmot wrote:
tvaddicted wrote:You never know, it might be good news!...I still have not even went to decision and I have been in review since 1/9...are there any others out there whose status says in review 1/23?
Yup, I went complete on 1/9 and have 1/23 as my review status date. Since I'm quite the reach and not a URM, I'm hoping that their "holistic" approach factors in such things as public service, strong recs, a great personal statement, and my instinctual ability to find the nearest Caffe Vita location at any point in the city.
and burrowing!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

leron

Bronze

Post by leron » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:08 pm

i've decided that uw is my school of choice. now if only they'd get back to me already with a y or n so that i can finalize everything and make plans to move somewhere.

New

Post by 207 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:37 am

UW is also up high on my list. I seem to be in the same boat as everyone else (Decision 02/03 and Mail 02/10). Unfortunately I will have to leave for work tomorrow about one hour before the mail typically arrives :? .

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:42 am

You guys think it would take two business days for a letter to get from Seattle to Detroit? I think so... going to be a mad rush for the mail tomorrow. Might be one of those days I sleep in until 11 so the mail is already here when I get up.

New

Post by 207 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:45 am

Well...I have no idea when the letter(s) actually went into the mail on 02/10 (if they did at all based on earlier posts in this thread). I am just saying that tomorrow is the first day I would actually hope to see it in the mail.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Rsrcht

Bronze

Post by Rsrcht » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:26 pm

Marmot wrote:
Same here about the Caffes, which is a requirement for Seattle, WA residency. In review date is still 1/15.

MaiKleenex

New

Post by MaiKleenex » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:28 pm

withdrawing today. hope a TLSer gets it.

tom1986

New

Post by tom1986 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:07 pm

MaiKleenex wrote:withdrawing today. hope a TLSer gets it.
I hope you're right! So where did you decide to go to instead of UW?

tom1986

New

Post by tom1986 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:12 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:You guys think it would take two business days for a letter to get from Seattle to Detroit? I think so... going to be a mad rush for the mail tomorrow. Might be one of those days I sleep in until 11 so the mail is already here when I get up.
I've been practicing that theory lately, too. I look out the window constantly, as I can see my mailbox while still in bed.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tom1986

New

Post by tom1986 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:35 pm

kalydscopeeyes wrote:
tvaddicted wrote:.are there any others out there whose status says in review 1/23?
I did apply for the PSL Scholarship, so maybe that's tying it up?
I applied for the PSL scholarship too! In what kind of Public Service do you want to work? Also, has your status gone to decision yet? I have two mailings (perhaps 3, its confusing) according to my status checker, and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the PSL scholarhship. Well, good luck to you!

Also, MARMOT, if you read this...I read that you are also interested in Public Service. If so, and if you are seriously considering UW, you should think about applying to the Gates Pub. Service Law Scholarship. Its full tuition, with the requirement that you devote at least 5 years after graduation to PS.

kalydscopeeyes

New

Post by kalydscopeeyes » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:46 pm

tom1986 wrote:
kalydscopeeyes wrote:
I did apply for the PSL Scholarship, so maybe that's tying it up?
I applied for the PSL scholarship too! In what kind of Public Service do you want to work? Also, has your status gone to decision yet? I have two mailings (perhaps 3, its confusing) according to my status checker, and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the PSL scholarhship. Well, good luck to you!
I am not sure what kind, but probably something to do with women's issues, domestic violence/sexual assault, etc. Either that, or I'd like to apply the Arabic language skills that continue to slip away from me every day to do something for international human rights... Right now I am working in immigration law (not public service, just for a solo attorney) and it's okay, but not really what I see myself doing, though I have become increasingly aware of the gap between those who need access to immigration counsel and those who can afford it..

Mine has never changed to decision or anything, always still In Review, with no mailings other than the Status Checker email. The only thing that has changed is the date, to 1/22/09 a few weeks ago. Boo.

Thanks for the good luck wishes, same to you!

anastasia

New

Post by anastasia » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:49 pm

I went complete on 2/3 and then decision got mailed 2/10? Thats really fast. Is that bad? Has anyone actually got the letter yet from uw?

MaiKleenex

New

Post by MaiKleenex » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:50 pm

another Washington- Washington U in St. Louis!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Profit

New

Post by Profit » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:32 pm

Status checker now says "Decision" dated 2/4

Decision letter mailed 2/12

lombokorbali

New

Post by lombokorbali » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:16 pm

I just called Admissions to check on my 2/11 letter and to see if they could tell me the decision over the phone. I was told that the 2/11 letters haven't actually gone out yet. And, as I suspected, she couldn't say what the decision was either. So more waiting!

bishopus

New

Post by bishopus » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:19 am

My 2/7 decision still hasn't turned into a mailing. Grrrrrr........

New

Post by 207 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:15 pm

Just got the mail and still nothing. They must just be holding decisions for a mass mailing?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

WAHiker

New

Post by WAHiker » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:07 pm

Admitted by mail today.

Supernova

New

Post by Supernova » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:09 pm

WAHiker wrote:Admitted by mail today.
Congrats :D

What date was your decision letter mailed?

TheRyanocerous

Bronze

Post by TheRyanocerous » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:16 pm

WAHiker wrote:Admitted by mail today.
congrats! did your letter go ouy on the 10th?

WAHiker

New

Post by WAHiker » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:19 pm

I live within sight of the school, so I'd imagine it was sent some time this week. My status checker said that the letter was mailed on the 4th or 6th-- but I've heard that the UW status checker doesn't actually mean "decision mailed" when it says that. I've been told it means something more like "decision to be mailed when we get our act together enough to do so".

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”