IN at Lewis & Clark Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
seatown12

Silver

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by seatown12 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:14 pm

Yes, on 3/13. And I just got an email today telling me my app is being held for second review. Hmmm...

cmaho9qy

New

Post by cmaho9qy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:19 pm

seatown12 wrote:Yes, on 3/13. And I just got an email today telling me my app is being held for second review. Hmmm...
Me too! Sigh. I almost would have preferred them not sending me the email. I would have assumed they were just taking their time. Now I'm all nervous. Oh well... the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Anybody else in second review mode? Anyone who went from "second review" to "accepted" or "rejected?" Waiting until late April/early May doesn't sound so great, but they are my first choice so I'm holding out! Now I just have to decide where else to make a deposit in case this doesn't come through (Denver or San Diego?) Too bad all of these places are on such different schedules! It complicates things immensely.

emoticons777

Bronze

Post by emoticons777 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:20 pm

cmaho9qy wrote:
seatown12 wrote:Yes, on 3/13. And I just got an email today telling me my app is being held for second review. Hmmm...
Me too! Sigh. I almost would have preferred them not sending me the email. I would have assumed they were just taking their time. Now I'm all nervous. Oh well... the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Anybody else in second review mode? Anyone who went from "second review" to "accepted" or "rejected?" Waiting until late April/early May doesn't sound so great, but they are my first choice so I'm holding out! Now I just have to decide where else to make a deposit in case this doesn't come through (Denver or San Diego?) Too bad all of these places are on such different schedules! It complicates things immensely.
I vote San Diego, it has the market on lockdown, and it's Southern California . . .

cmaho9qy

New

Post by cmaho9qy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:37 pm

emoticons777 wrote:
cmaho9qy wrote:
I vote San Diego, it has the market on lockdown, and it's Southern California . . .
I do worry about their cost vs. employment prospects ratio, although I recognize that with my undergraduate GPA, most of the places that I'm considering have issues of this sort. If USD gives me some money, I'll be willing to consider them much more seriously! But I'd still rather just get in at L&C, haha.

canadaar

New

Post by canadaar » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:54 pm

Snail mail from Lewis & Clark today saying that their class is full for fall 2009, but they offered me admission for the fall class of 2010. If not, they said I could choose to stay on a waitlist for this year to be considered for fall 2009 admission.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hopeforthebest

New

Post by hopeforthebest » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:57 pm

canadaar wrote:Snail mail from Lewis & Clark today saying that their class is full for fall 2009, but they offered me admission for the fall class of 2010. If not, they said I could choose to stay on a waitlist for this year to be considered for fall 2009 admission.
So I guess it is safe to assume that any other decisions made will be waitlists or rejections?

canadaar

New

Post by canadaar » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:59 pm

hopeforthebest wrote:
canadaar wrote:Snail mail from Lewis & Clark today saying that their class is full for fall 2009, but they offered me admission for the fall class of 2010. If not, they said I could choose to stay on a waitlist for this year to be considered for fall 2009 admission.
So I guess it is safe to assume that any other decisions made will be waitlists or rejections?
Not sure. It could just be they didn't like me.

cmaho9qy

New

Post by cmaho9qy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:06 pm

Hmmm... very suspicious, eh? They're definitely stretching the truth with one of us. Have you decided what you'll do? Wait until '10? Waitlist? I guess it depends on your other options, but what a tough choice!

canadaar

New

Post by canadaar » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:12 pm

cmaho9qy wrote:Hmmm... very suspicious, eh? They're definitely stretching the truth with one of us. Have you decided what you'll do? Wait until '10? Waitlist? I guess it depends on your other options, but what a tough choice!
Yeah, I'm not sure. I'll probably just withdraw. I'm still waiting on ten schools, but I'm into IU-Bloomington with $$ (which I would choose over L&C, especially if it's true they're out of money).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

RudyRudy

New

Post by RudyRudy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:15 pm

I got the same email, so annoying. I'm in at Denver but still waiting on 10 schools! Maybe something will come today...

animalJD

New

Post by animalJD » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:19 pm

I'd love for them to tell me this!!

In at Denver today...yay. I'm on "hold" at Lewis and Clark, waiting for a second review.

animalJD

New

Post by animalJD » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:20 pm

OK...ha...ignore me....Right after I posted my last message on TLS, I got an email from Denver. I'm IN!!!!! WOoohoo!!

No money though. My fiance and I both got in but with no money, I don't know if we can go there. They really should have offered him something, because he has a nice LSAT score.

seatown12

Silver

Post by seatown12 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:54 pm

Sounds like they accepted too many and are now stuck with a group of applicants they would like to accept but can't. I guess anyone reading this for future reference should plan on getting their L&C app in well before the "priority" deadline.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cmaho9qy

New

Post by cmaho9qy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:10 pm

seatown12 wrote:
Sounds like they accepted too many and are now stuck with a group of applicants they would like to accept but can't. I guess anyone reading this for future reference should plan on getting their L&C app in well before the "priority" deadline.
Good advice. Learn from my mistakes, haha. Fingers crossed that a whole bunch of the people they let in get better offers elsewhere...

greatergood

New

Post by greatergood » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:32 pm

I got the email too.
LSAT near 75th percentile and 4 years of tuition at LC's undergrad.
Hope all who got in enjoy P-town because it looks like it's not in my future...

candidateNO5

New

Post by candidateNO5 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:20 pm

Did any of you guys go to the Preview? I was planning on going but had to cancel because something important came up.

Any thoughts on L&C?

tchadwick

New

Post by tchadwick » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:56 pm

candidateNO5 wrote:Did any of you guys go to the Preview? Any thoughts on L&C?
I second this question! The ASW for George Mason was on the same weekend, and I decided to go to that one (quite different schools, huh? I am a bit eclectic)! However, I don't think that GMU is going to be very feasible, financially. I have some other options, but I am still very interested in Lewis & Clark. I wish I could have went to their ASW, too!!

Those who went, please give some honest feedback. Impressions are always good to know! I would really appreciate it!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tbone101

New

Post by tbone101 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:35 pm

I went and enjoyed it, way more people showed up than I thought would. I was expecting maybe 60 people, turned out to be about 240 I think they said. It was all pretty well organized, we were divided into groups with different people constituting the group for each section (one time we were divided by last name, another time by the color of our itenarary for the day). There were people from all over, although I think I traveled the furthest to show up.

I enjoyed the mock class I sat in on even though it was the least exciting one: Valuation of Property. All the professors were really down to earth. At lunch I sat with the assistant dean (each table had 1-2 professors or admins), she was really helpful and straightforward with her answers. I also made sure to talk to some 2 and 3L's that were mingling around the campus. It was good to get a current student's point of view to make sure we weren't just being fed a line of propaganda.

I had already planned on attending if accepted, I mostly went to just find a house in the area, which I did.

Very cool city, very cool school. Environmental law may be what they are most known for but thankfully their other areas of law seemed up to speed with it. Most importantly it seemed like a good school to learn at, a very open atmosphere attitude-wise. They also seem to offer great career services, helping you set up not only a job, but also a job practicing the type of law you want to practice.

emoticons777

Bronze

Post by emoticons777 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:48 pm

So I received an e-mail from a current student just to answer questions, etc. (as I'm sure most admits did). I asked her about how many students participate in and get a job from OCI, and her answer scared me. She said the top 15% usually participate, but only around 12 students actually get a job . . . does any one have any information to refute this? Seriously, 12? I even e-mailed her back to clarify and confirm that's what she meant. Yikes.

tbone101

New

Post by tbone101 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:31 pm

im not surprised by the number. small class size to begin with, most OCI's go to 2 and 3L's and the school also offers a bunch of non-paying, yet credit earning, internships at local firms as well as externships in foreign countries, different students have different ideas of what they want to do... that is the impression I walked away from the ASD with. It seemed like 3/4's of the people had no idea what an OCI was, and were more concerned with working for the EARTH DEFENSE LEAGUE (or something) for no money instead.

The one thing I was startled by at the ASD was the lack of "law school street smarts" the people attending seemed to have. I talked to this one guy quite a bit, he seemed very very smart, yet when I brought up the notion of OCI's and working for pay over the summers he had NO IDEA what I was talking about.

I honestly think a lot of people who go to lewis and clark have no interest in practicing at a typical firm, and would rather devote their energy to saving pandas or something. I see that as an advantage, im really interested in business law, AND all other areas other than environmental law are just as up to speed as there environmental program it seems.

If you want to spend your summers doing an externship in Africa that's cool, just know that I will be busting balls trying to land an internship at a law firm.

I should stress that this isn't a bad take on L & C, in fact, if anything it is a compliment. Students and faculty there represent a collage of ideas and goals, and the school does its best to facilitate all of them. Very open, very free wheeling. I like it.

wickedzeus

New

Post by wickedzeus » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:51 pm

so... what does this mean for those of us who've been deferred?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tbone101

New

Post by tbone101 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:53 pm

wickedzeus wrote:
so... what does this mean for those of us who've been deferred?
I would call and ask, no one on here has any idea more than likely.

bobothecat

New

Post by bobothecat » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:15 pm

Anyone heard whether part-time in particular is full as well?

tbone101

New

Post by tbone101 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:02 am

bobothecat wrote:Anyone heard whether part-time in particular is full as well?
there were very few of them at the ASD, so i would assume so at first glance... BUT i am unsure of how many PT students they accept total. Best bet is to call and ask. Even if you get an answering machine, they WILL call you back (surprisingly).

saar

New

Post by saar » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:44 pm

just withdrew, so a spot and some scholly money should be freed up

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”