IN at Lewis & Clark Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bruiser428

New

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by bruiser428 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:23 pm

sarcasmsslave wrote:
katjust wrote:
candidateNO5 wrote:Is anyone planning to attend the "preview" on March 19 and 20?

I'll be there.
:: waves :: Me too. You guys staying downtown?
Yup. Staying at one of their hotels walking distance from the reception.

jetlagz28

Bronze

Post by jetlagz28 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:30 pm

Rejected VIA snail mail on Saturday.

tbone101

New

Post by tbone101 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:11 pm

in with 156/161 and 3.08

no idea how i got in, guess they liked my personal statement

moving there ASAP

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

candidateNO5

New

Post by candidateNO5 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:16 pm

tbone101 wrote:in with 156/161 and 3.08

no idea how i got in, guess they liked my personal statement

moving there ASAP

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Your numbers make you a rock star compared to me.

I am pretty sure I will attend L&C and I will most likely attend the preview. I look forward to seeing you guys there.

chris0406

New

Post by chris0406 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:30 pm

Congrats tbone! Yeah L&C acceptance list seems like they look at all aspects.
I'm jealous-checked my mailbox and still nothing (sigh) and I"m in Portland

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

EscapingIndiana

New

Post by EscapingIndiana » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:18 am

checkingandchecking wrote:With respect to which law program Vermont or L&C is better applicable to environmental public interest law, I just talked to a friend who attended Vermont LS and withdrew in the first year to go to University of Cincinnati LS. He is currently a non-profit lobbyist for environmental concerns in DC and he didn't have positive things to say about Vermont LS. He found it too granola and not intellectually rigorous.

From talking to my friend, I would say Vermont LS is the less challenging option and people in the federal government consider it more negatively. I will grant it could just be East Coast bias with L&C being less well known.
Thanks for this insider opinion. This is what I want to hear about VLS. I'm really not thrilled about the fact that it's not in the top 100 law schools. Hell, VLS doesn't even require LSAT scores for admission. Even though I want to pursue environmental law - and they've offered $25k/year - I don't know if I can go to VLS.

Can you elaborate a bit more on what your friend said? You'll find plenty of "granola" at L&C, but "not intellectually rigorous" is pretty damning for VLS.

tbone101

New

Post by tbone101 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:01 am

well when i visited there over summer (on my own dime), everyone kept stressing personal statement. so i made sure my statement to them was VERY good, if not for it i doubt i would have got in. I have no formal training/experience with animals but i have run my own invertebrate import/export business for going on 3 years now. I dont know what it was that sealed the deal, all i know is i BARELY made it in.

going to ASD as well as looking for a house/condo in a few weeks.

greatergood

New

Post by greatergood » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:50 pm

Hi LCers.
LSAC transmitted my package to LC 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard a peep out of them.
All other schools sent me a confirmation email within 2-3 days and then a 'complete' email later.
Is this lack of communication by LC something I should be concerned about?
Thanks.
LC Undergrad '02

kimber1028

Bronze

Post by kimber1028 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:52 pm

greatergood wrote:Hi LCers.
LSAC transmitted my package to LC 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard a peep out of them.
All other schools sent me a confirmation email within 2-3 days and then a 'complete' email later.
Thanks.
LC Undergrad '02
I sent my app on 1/9 and didn't receive a complete email until 1/22. At this point, they may be more backed up since it's such a busy time in the cycle. I wouldn't worry too much. Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chromylchloride

New

Post by chromylchloride » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:59 pm

I'll be there on the 20th, which also happens to be my birthday...( :D )

On another note, what do people think about attending if environmental law will not be my focus?

checkingandchecking

New

Post by checkingandchecking » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:11 pm

My friend the lobbyist who attended UVT, didn’t feel he was being intellectually challenged to the tune of tens-of-thousands of dollars. Specifically, he said that the school welcomed all ideas equally. A fine thing in some contexts, but in others it becomes dystopian clusterfuck. He felt that the good legal ideas were not sufficiently differentiated from the silly ones and that it was a lefty echo chamber.

Personally I’m often to the left of Dennis Kucinich and Amy Goodman, but I prefer a good debate to a Keith Olbermann intellectual HJ.

And as to the notification:

I never received a confirmation email or a login to the status checker, so I wouldn’t be freaked out. I went to a mixer for L&C, and they said just send an email to make sure it arrived. I did and everything was fine. I would just email admissions. They’ll look it up and hopefully reassure you.

Best of Luck

mrxismyhro

New

Post by mrxismyhro » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:43 am

greatergood wrote:Hi LCers.
Thanks.
LC Undergrad '02
i never received any form of notification until the acceptance. it took so long that i thought id forgotten to apply there.

cmaho9qy

New

Post by cmaho9qy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:15 pm

Yeah it took several weeks for me to hear back from them and I did email them to check up on the status of my application before I got a link to the status checker (which has remained stagnant at "Application Complete" ever since...). I concur that the status checker and confirmation email aren't terribly important with them, but it definitely put my mind at ease to send a check up email to admissions. Do it!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

isustudent

New

Post by isustudent » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:23 pm

Anybody else watch the food/travel channel? I'm so going to Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland when I'm there for the ASW

tbone101

New

Post by tbone101 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:28 pm

isustudent wrote:Anybody else watch the food/travel channel? I'm so going to Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland when I'm there for the ASW
they have really weird hours, they sort of open when they feel like it... say 4 am, and close when they feel like it. i was in town for 3 days and didnt manage to make it there.

actually according to their site they are open 24/7. which is not what locals were saying.

kimber1028

Bronze

Post by kimber1028 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:19 pm

tbone101 wrote:
isustudent wrote:Anybody else watch the food/travel channel? I'm so going to Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland when I'm there for the ASW
they have really weird hours, they sort of open when they feel like it... say 4 am, and close when they feel like it. i was in town for 3 days and didnt manage to make it there.

actually according to their site they are open 24/7. which is not what locals were saying.
They aren't really open 24/7, but I haven't had a problem getting something when I've gone at a reasonable hour. You should definitely get the cock-'n-balls... it's so yummy! I know it has a weird name, lol, but you'll understand when you see it. I think they may actually have their menu on their website, too, if you check that out. :mrgreen:

cmaho9qy

New

Post by cmaho9qy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:49 pm

YES! One thing I expect to have time for while in law school is the consumption of donuts.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

greatergood

New

Post by greatergood » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:40 pm

Got home, sat down, was going to email LC, and I had a 'complete' email from them.
Guess I got a little antsy a day early. Thanks to those who replied my post.
Gotta say- what a cordial and helpful group in this LC forum (not surprising).

Nemy

New

Post by Nemy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:00 pm

Had to look them up just now, but I will be joining you there!

checkingandchecking

New

Post by checkingandchecking » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:29 am

Voodoo is good, just don’t look too closely at the floor or you may see something scurry away. I kid, they are very nice folks with rigorous health standards (just like all hipster doughnut shops).

jrh

New

Post by jrh » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:01 am

kimber1028 wrote:
tbone101 wrote:

They aren't really open 24/7, but I haven't had a problem getting something when I've gone at a reasonable hour. You should definitely get the cock-'n-balls... it's so yummy! I know it has a weird name, lol, but you'll understand when you see it. I think they may actually have their menu on their website, too, if you check that out. :mrgreen:

this is the one with vegan donuts, right? if so i'm totally staging an all night raid during the ASW. anybody down? weird hours or not.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mulliganstew

Bronze

Post by Mulliganstew » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:02 am

Haven't even gotten an email saying they got my report, but they did request my LoR's according to LSAC... Kind of worried.

kimber1028

Bronze

Post by kimber1028 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:05 am

jrh wrote:
kimber1028 wrote:
tbone101 wrote:

this is the one with vegan donuts, right? if so i'm totally staging an all night raid during the ASW. anybody down? weird hours or not.
Yes, they have some very tasty-looking vegan doughnuts. My friend orders them regularly, and always seems pleased.... I've never gotten one myself.

scienara

New

Post by scienara » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:36 am

And if vegan isn't your thing, they also have donuts with bacon on them.

katjust

Bronze

Post by katjust » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:39 am

I went there when I was in Portland in May. Their vegan donuts were good. A tour group came through while we were waiting in line. And as long as we are on the subject of donuts; there is a donut shop in Las Vegas, Ronald's Donuts, that I prefer, so anyone looking for vegan donuts while in LV should check that out. Their donuts are also less expensive that most other vegan donuts.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”