IN at Lewis & Clark

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Post Reply
emoticons777

Bronze
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:28 am

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by emoticons777 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:39 pm

kimber1028 wrote:Looking at LSN, almost everyone who has been accepted is over the medians. There are a couple of people who don't meet the GPA median, but whose LSAT scores are killer (i.e. 2.52 UGPA and 174 LSAT). Six out of the nine accepted have LSATs above the 75th percentile, and the mean index is 3.26, with a median of 3.2. 5/9 are from Oregon or Washington, with 1 from California. There are also people on here who have high stats and aren't listed on LSN. My guess is that L&C is accepting the strongest candidates first so they can see who will withdraw, and then they'll send out either acceptances or rejections for the rest of us. Let's hope for the former!
I may be a slight exception, my LSAT is below 50%, but GPA is above 75%, not auto-admit - but I'd be surprised if I didn't get in.

User avatar
kimber1028

Bronze
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by kimber1028 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:51 pm

emoticons777 wrote:
kimber1028 wrote:Looking at LSN, almost everyone who has been accepted is over the medians. There are a couple of people who don't meet the GPA median, but whose LSAT scores are killer (i.e. 2.52 UGPA and 174 LSAT). Six out of the nine accepted have LSATs above the 75th percentile, and the mean index is 3.26, with a median of 3.2. 5/9 are from Oregon or Washington, with 1 from California. There are also people on here who have high stats and aren't listed on LSN. My guess is that L&C is accepting the strongest candidates first so they can see who will withdraw, and then they'll send out either acceptances or rejections for the rest of us. Let's hope for the former!
I may be a slight exception, my LSAT is below 50%, but GPA is above 75%, not auto-admit - but I'd be surprised if I didn't get in.
Congrats!!! It seems like last year they were looking for either a high LSAT or GPA, and they let those in who had one or the other. Your GPA rocks, though, and your LSAT is only one point off from the median, so I would've expected you to pass through admissions with flying colors. What's your top choice at this point?

pdx1

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:48 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by pdx1 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:57 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
katjust wrote: Congrats! I wonder why they called some people.
Same here. Could be local or just higher admits?
I'm in Portland, high numbers for L&C, and was offered a strong scholarship - yet no phone call. Maybe they are only calling those who have officially visited or met at events?

User avatar
jcl2

Bronze
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by jcl2 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:08 pm

Congrats to everyone who has gotten in!

I actually think that they may have called me because I don't live in Portland and they knew it would take a little longer for the admissions materials to get to me in the mail. Who knows though, it seems pretty random. I didn't go to any events and haven't had any previous contact with the admissions office except for my application.

User avatar
ShelleyVA

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:44 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by ShelleyVA » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:55 pm

Just got a phone call from a 503 # I didn't recognize. I should have answered!!! In w/ a scholarship!!! Yahoo!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
Veritas

Gold
Posts: 2695
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by Veritas » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:55 pm

ShelleyVA wrote:Just got a phone call from a 503 # I didn't recognize. I should have answered!!! In w/ a scholarship!!! Yahoo!!!
!!!!Congrats!!!!

User avatar
sandia

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:12 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by sandia » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:57 pm

ShelleyVA wrote:Just got a phone call from a 503 # I didn't recognize. I should have answered!!! In w/ a scholarship!!! Yahoo!!!
Congrats! :D

User avatar
TheRyanocerous

Bronze
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:20 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by TheRyanocerous » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:05 pm

ShelleyVA wrote:Just got a phone call from a 503 # I didn't recognize. I should have answered!!! In w/ a scholarship!!! Yahoo!!!
Thats awesome! congrats! I want my phone to ring so bad... I just hope I get in!

User avatar
AlyoshaKmz

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:11 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by AlyoshaKmz » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:08 pm

ShelleyVA wrote:Just got a phone call from a 503 # I didn't recognize. I should have answered!!! In w/ a scholarship!!! Yahoo!!!
Nice!!!
Boy, I wish I brought my phone to work today

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


emoticons777

Bronze
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:28 am

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by emoticons777 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:33 pm

kimber1028 wrote:
emoticons777 wrote:
kimber1028 wrote:Looking at LSN, almost everyone who has been accepted is over the medians. There are a couple of people who don't meet the GPA median, but whose LSAT scores are killer (i.e. 2.52 UGPA and 174 LSAT). Six out of the nine accepted have LSATs above the 75th percentile, and the mean index is 3.26, with a median of 3.2. 5/9 are from Oregon or Washington, with 1 from California. There are also people on here who have high stats and aren't listed on LSN. My guess is that L&C is accepting the strongest candidates first so they can see who will withdraw, and then they'll send out either acceptances or rejections for the rest of us. Let's hope for the former!
I may be a slight exception, my LSAT is below 50%, but GPA is above 75%, not auto-admit - but I'd be surprised if I didn't get in.
Congrats!!! It seems like last year they were looking for either a high LSAT or GPA, and they let those in who had one or the other. Your GPA rocks, though, and your LSAT is only one point off from the median, so I would've expected you to pass through admissions with flying colors. What's your top choice at this point?
Right now UW, but that's a REACH for sure. Other than that, I'm not too sure where I want to be.

User avatar
AHouseDivided

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:37 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by AHouseDivided » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:36 pm

Way to go Shelley!

User avatar
kimber1028

Bronze
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by kimber1028 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:41 pm

ShelleyVA wrote:Just got a phone call from a 503 # I didn't recognize. I should have answered!!! In w/ a scholarship!!! Yahoo!!!
Congrats!!!

User avatar
crystalhawkeye

Silver
Posts: 670
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by crystalhawkeye » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:00 pm

ShelleyVA wrote:Just got a phone call from a 503 # I didn't recognize. I should have answered!!! In w/ a scholarship!!! Yahoo!!!
All the waiting pays off! Congrats!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


Anonymous0L

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by Anonymous0L » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:45 pm

They are probably only calling people who got scholarships.

User avatar
kimber1028

Bronze
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by kimber1028 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:46 pm

So I just got an email from L&C that I may qualify for a third party scholarship. It's not a school scholarship, but through a professional organization. What does this mean?? Anything? Or do you think they send it to everyone w/ specific stats who applied??? I'm very borderline for L&C... not a sure thing by any stretch of the imagination. Status checker still says complete with no updates.

katjust

Bronze
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:49 am

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by katjust » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:55 pm

Jwatson wrote:They are probably only calling people who got scholarships.
I think that may be true, but some people who were not called also got scholarships. So, it does not seem to be sufficient for a call, but perhaps necessary.

katjust

Bronze
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:49 am

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by katjust » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:59 pm

kimber1028 wrote:So I just got an email from L&C that I may qualify for a third party scholarship. It's not a school scholarship, but through a professional organization. What does this mean?? Anything? Or do you think they send it to everyone w/ specific stats who applied??? I'm very borderline for L&C... not a sure thing by any stretch of the imagination. Status checker still says complete with no updates.
I didn't get it. I am above the medians, so I don't know how much we have it common (in terms of numbers) It might have something to do with you specifically. I'd apply if you can. It won't hurt I'm sure.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
icarter

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:44 am

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by icarter » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:42 pm

sent in my withdraw form today! Good luck everyone!

User avatar
kimber1028

Bronze
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by kimber1028 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:53 pm

katjust wrote:I didn't get it. I am above the medians, so I don't know how much we have it common (in terms of numbers) It might have something to do with you specifically. I'd apply if you can. It won't hurt I'm sure.
Thanks! Your numbers are extremely high compared to mine, so I'm not sure what prompted the email. I'm definitely going to apply for it, though; I guess I'll see what happens!

luckygehrig

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:35 am

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by luckygehrig » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:43 pm

/
Last edited by luckygehrig on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kimber1028

Bronze
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by kimber1028 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:45 pm

luckygehrig wrote:In via snail mail today with scholarship.
Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your numbers? Thank you!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


luckygehrig

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:35 am

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by luckygehrig » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:46 pm

/
Last edited by luckygehrig on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EscapingIndiana

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:04 pm

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by EscapingIndiana » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:28 pm

On Law School Numbers.com, what do "N" and "U" stand for beside one's username?

U = Undecided?

N = ?

Anonymous0L

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by Anonymous0L » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:28 pm

EscapingIndiana wrote:On Law School Numbers.com, what do "N" and "U" stand for beside one's username?

U = Undecided?

N = ?
NT= Non-Traditional

Anonymous0L

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by Anonymous0L » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:28 pm

EscapingIndiana wrote:On Law School Numbers.com, what do "N" and "U" stand for beside one's username?

U = Undecided?

N = ?
U= URM

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”