IN at Lewis & Clark Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tchadwick

New

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by tchadwick » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:07 am

I got accepted into the joint JD/LLM program in Environmental Law yesterday (via letter, for those who are awaiting responses from this program)!! Very exciting. 8)

chris0406

New

Post by chris0406 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:15 pm

Still haven't heard anything yet! I went complete mid January, and then went complete again Feb 11, and then today Feb 26. Does it mean anything to go complete three diff times?
-I wonder when I'm going to receive something from them.

radical4peace

New

Post by radical4peace » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:50 pm

chris0406 wrote:Still haven't heard anything yet! I went complete mid January, and then went complete again Feb 11, and then today Feb 26. Does it mean anything to go complete three diff times?
-I wonder when I'm going to receive something from them.
+1000 I am losing interest in L&C at this point.

candidateNO5

New

Post by candidateNO5 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:21 pm

I just looked into apartments in the Portland area. A lot of the newer apartments don't allow smoking anywhere inside the building, including your own room. It is incredibly annoying. I also called Lewis and Clark. You can smoke on campus, as long as you are a certain distance away from the building.

checkingandchecking

New

Post by checkingandchecking » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:06 am

I think you'll find PDX much more friendly to smokers than any other West Coast city. I would also include SLC and the state of CO as less smoker friendly than PDX. We just enacted a smoking ban in bars 01/01/2009 but many people smoke here because of the relative youth and high level of homosexuality in the population.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Rocky Estoppel

Bronze

Post by Rocky Estoppel » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:32 am

checkingandchecking wrote:I think you'll find PDX much more friendly to smokers than any other West Coast city. I would also include SLC and the state of CO as less smoker friendly than PDX. We just enacted a smoking ban in bars 01/01/2009 but many people smoke here because of the relative youth and high level of homosexuality in the population.
You know those gays...always sticking a [homophobic language redacted] in their mouth. :wink:

newcritic

New

Post by newcritic » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:53 am

kak23 wrote:
checkingandchecking wrote:I think you'll find PDX much more friendly to smokers than any other West Coast city. I would also include SLC and the state of CO as less smoker friendly than PDX. We just enacted a smoking ban in bars 01/01/2009 but many people smoke here because of the relative youth and high level of homosexuality in the population.
You know those gays...always sticking a [homophobic language redacted] in their mouth. :wink:
There's also a lot of homeless and transient folks in Portland, and you know how much hobos and the poor love a good smoke. :)

Whitty

Bronze

Post by Whitty » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:25 pm

In today finally!!

Gotta love that they threw in that map of Portland for giggles :mrgreen:

radical4peace

New

Post by radical4peace » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:31 pm

Also in at Lewis and Clark today. Got the letter basically saying "We think you are cool -- really, we do. Unfortunately, we don't have any money left..." Lewis and Clark, I love ya but I don't think I can swing it with no money. And waiting until late April -- that's just a little too late. :(

Still, I am going to go look at pretty pics of the campus now... :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kramer22

New

Post by kramer22 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:38 pm

radical4peace wrote:Also in at Lewis and Clark today. Got the letter basically saying "We think you are cool -- really, we do. Unfortunately, we don't have any money left..." Lewis and Clark, I love ya but I don't think I can swing it with no money. And waiting until late April -- that's just a little too late. :(
That is exactly how I feel at this point. I thought the letter was pretty weak of them. Don't make excuses L&C. We all know you have given out recent money. April is too late to assess most of our files again. By then, we will have seat deposits in to equal or better schools that gave us money the first time around.

Whitty

Bronze

Post by Whitty » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:41 pm

Was the "We're out of $" letter included in everyone's acceptance envelope or does it come later??

kramer22

New

Post by kramer22 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:44 pm

Whitty wrote:Was the "We're out of $" letter included in everyone's acceptance envelope or does it come later??
Hello fellow 775 :) My scholarship funds exhausted letter was included within the acceptance envelope with the map and everything else. If you did not get one, hopefully you have a scholarship coming. By the way, congrats on the acceptances!

Whitty

Bronze

Post by Whitty » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:49 pm

kramer22 wrote:
Hello fellow 775 :) My scholarship funds exhausted letter was included within the acceptance envelope with the map and everything else. If you did not get one, hopefully you have a scholarship coming. By the way, congrats on the acceptances!
Thanks neighbor :mrgreen: I hope they send me good news financially too!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:11 pm

Whitty wrote:In today finally!!

:D Congrats Whitty!!!!!

radical4peace

New

Post by radical4peace » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:48 pm

kramer22 wrote:
radical4peace wrote:Also in at Lewis and Clark today. Got the letter basically saying "We think you are cool -- really, we do. Unfortunately, we don't have any money left..." Lewis and Clark, I love ya but I don't think I can swing it with no money. And waiting until late April -- that's just a little too late. :(
That is exactly how I feel at this point. I thought the letter was pretty weak of them. Don't make excuses L&C. We all know you have given out recent money. April is too late to assess most of our files again. By then, we will have seat deposits in to equal or better schools that gave us money the first time around.
I am 99% sure I am sending in my withdrawal tomorrow. I don't have the stomach to wait it out until late April on money. Good luck to everyone who is waiting -- there is now one more spot. :)

candidateNO5

New

Post by candidateNO5 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:54 pm

Is anyone planning to attend the "preview" on March 19 and 20?

AHouseDivided

New

Post by AHouseDivided » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:56 pm

Congrats, Whitty. I miss the chipmunks, but va va voom! for the new avatar.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Whitty

Bronze

Post by Whitty » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:08 pm

AHouseDivided wrote:

Congrats, Whitty. I miss the chipmunks, but va va voom! for the new avatar.
Thanks! I like to keep things fresh. :wink:

chris0406

New

Post by chris0406 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:29 am

Congrats to those who got accepted today. Sadly for me, still nothing!

radical4peace

New

Post by radical4peace » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:33 am

Oh, and for those still waiting: My status checker stayed at complete, though it did update again to "complete" on 2/12. I just received my acceptance packet today. So while some status checkers have gone to decision before letters were mailed, don't rely on the status checker too heavily for L&C.

katjust

Bronze

Post by katjust » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:41 am

candidateNO5 wrote:Is anyone planning to attend the "preview" on March 19 and 20?

I'll be there.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sarcasmsslave

New

Post by sarcasmsslave » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:59 pm

katjust wrote:
candidateNO5 wrote:Is anyone planning to attend the "preview" on March 19 and 20?

I'll be there.
:: waves :: Me too. You guys staying downtown?

isustudent

New

Post by isustudent » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:41 pm

I'm staying in one of the hotels that is discounted for us. It looks REEEEEEEALLy nice!

LACatholic

New

Post by LACatholic » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:53 pm

I'm going to send in my withdrawal ... good luck to the rest of you (I got scholly money too so hopefully it goes to someone great!!!)

sarcasmsslave

New

Post by sarcasmsslave » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:21 pm

Yeah, I'm staying at the Paramount. I only get to see my parents once or twice a year, so they're driving down from Washington. I'm looking forward to it. You going to the alumni meet-and-greet on Thursday night?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”