IN at Lewis & Clark Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hopeforthebest

New

Re: IN at Lewis & Clark

Post by hopeforthebest » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:20 pm

cmaho9qy wrote:For those of you who are still in second review/are on the waitlist: I met with the Director of Admissions a couple of days ago while in the Portland area and was told that I would be recieving an email probably at the end of this week or sometime next week asking if I was still interested in attending L&C and after their first deposit deadline, they will be filling space as necessary with people who haven't yet gotten a definitive answer. I couldn't tell you exactly why, but I got the impression that the chances of this happening are pretty slim. She did say that their numbers are still changing pretty drastically from day to day, though, so anything could happen!

I think I'll probably withdraw when I get this email though... I wasn't as impressed with the school as I expected to be, and just got into SU.
Thanks for the info... Good to know!

checkingandchecking

New

Post by checkingandchecking » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:52 am

scienara wrote:Well, I think I've made up my mind! L&C for me. See some of you there. Anybody else doing the evening program?
In all likelyhood I will be attending the evening program. I am still deciding between the three Oregon schools but L&C is my first choice pending scholarship reconsideration.

ShelleyVA

New

Post by ShelleyVA » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:08 pm

I'm withdrawing today, so there's one spot and a little scholarship money for those of you on hold! Good luck!

beepermad

New

Post by beepermad » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:00 pm

Has anyone NOT received the e-mail? I haven't heard anything from them since being deferred.

cmaho9qy

New

Post by cmaho9qy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:11 pm

beepermad wrote:Has anyone NOT received the e-mail? I haven't heard anything from them since being deferred.
I don't think it has been sent yet. Like I said, she did say sometime at the end of last week or sometime this week. Pretty vague and largely dependent on how many people make the first deposit. I'm sure you'll be contacted if you were deferred. I'll post when I get my email. Fairly certain I'll withdraw, so hopefully that will make more room for someone who really wants it...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

beepermad

New

Post by beepermad » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:39 am

I got the e-mail last night.

Ah... My heart... She's broken. :cry:

cofcrunner

New

Post by cofcrunner » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:05 am

I got the email. It definitely was not one the the most "hey, hang in there!" WL emails/letters I've gotten. :(

cmaho9qy

New

Post by cmaho9qy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:28 am

I got it too and am very ok with it... I'll be withdrawing, so if you guys are planning to stay on the WL, that's one less person to compete with :)

Good luck!

hopeforthebest

New

Post by hopeforthebest » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:29 am

Waitlisted via email this morning. Going to ride it out, seeing as I have nothing to lose, considering I have 0 acceptances.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cofcrunner

New

Post by cofcrunner » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:35 am

hopeforthebest wrote:Waitlisted via email this morning. Going to ride it out, seeing as I have nothing to lose, considering I have 0 acceptances.
:( I think we've applied to a lot of the same schools, as we both seem to end up on these threads. Best of luck to you! I don't know if this is the case for you, but if your LSAT is on the low side, would you consider retaking in June? I'm doing this and letting the long list of schools I'm WL on know. A couple of points might make a difference.

hopeforthebest

New

Post by hopeforthebest » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:38 am

cofcrunner wrote:
hopeforthebest wrote:Waitlisted via email this morning. Going to ride it out, seeing as I have nothing to lose, considering I have 0 acceptances.
:( I think we've applied to a lot of the same schools, as we both seem to end up on these threads. Best of luck to you! I don't know if this is the case for you, but if your LSAT is on the low side, would you consider retaking in June? I'm doing this and letting the long list of schools I'm WL on know. A couple of points might make a difference.
No, I'm not going to do that. I have already taken the LSAT twice, and since law school doesn't look like it is going to happen for me, I want to save my 3rd retake for when I am super prepared in a couple of years and hit it out of the ballpark. Once school is over for me next week, I am sending out job/grad apps, seeing as getting off a waitlist is far from a sure thing.

Rocky Estoppel

Bronze

Post by Rocky Estoppel » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:23 pm

I withdrew today so hopefully that helps some of you guys out. I liked Lewis and Clark a lot so this was a hard one to pass up. Good luck to everyone!

Chanelgirl

New

Post by Chanelgirl » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:31 pm

I got the waitlist e-mail ( I was put on hold over a month ago or so) this morning also. I decided to stay on it, but I don't think it's looking very good. I am sending my deposit elsewhere...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rambo de leon

New

Post by rambo de leon » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:39 pm

So Lewis and Clark per the TLS leak last night are sitting at 61. That's a pretty good jump in the right direction. Anyone out there think it's possible for them to crack the top 50 in the next few years or that a bit inordinate?

rambo de leon

New

Post by rambo de leon » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:22 pm

So an update for anyone waiting on scholarship funds that may have been freed up as a result of people rescinding their awards on 4/15, this is an excerpt from a letter I just received from the L&C admin:
We are touching base with you about our scholarship situation since you requested to be reconsidered. We recently reviewed our financial situation and I am very sorry to say that we do not have any more scholarship funds left for incoming students. More people have accepted our scholarship offers than anticipated, leaving no more to distribute to others.
wah wah :(

emoticons777

Bronze

Post by emoticons777 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:31 pm

rambo de leon wrote:So an update for anyone waiting on scholarship funds that may have been freed up as a result of people rescinding their awards on 4/15, this is an excerpt from a letter I just received from the L&C admin:
We are touching base with you about our scholarship situation since you requested to be reconsidered. We recently reviewed our financial situation and I am very sorry to say that we do not have any more scholarship funds left for incoming students. More people have accepted our scholarship offers than anticipated, leaving no more to distribute to others.
I received the same e mail. Makes me not want to go.

rambo de leon

New

Post by rambo de leon » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:34 pm

emoticons777 wrote:
rambo de leon wrote:So an update for anyone waiting on scholarship funds that may have been freed up as a result of people rescinding their awards on 4/15, this is an excerpt from a letter I just received from the L&C admin:
I received the same e mail. Makes me not want to go.
yeah, that's essentially the nail in my L&C coffin.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kalydscopeeyes

New

Post by kalydscopeeyes » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:54 pm

Yeah, I got the email too... I can go to UW for the same price as LC.... I withdrew.

newcritic

New

Post by newcritic » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:57 pm

Same email - I bailed for UW. By the bye, I heard that LC might be one of those schools that puts all the scholarship kids in one section of the 1L classes so that there's a mathematical certainty that several will lose their scholarships the second year. Don't know if it's substantiated, but the mention gave me pause.

emoticons777

Bronze

Post by emoticons777 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:06 pm

newcritic wrote:Same email - I bailed for UW. By the bye, I heard that LC might be one of those schools that puts all the scholarship kids in one section of the 1L classes so that there's a mathematical certainty that several will lose their scholarships the second year. Don't know if it's substantiated, but the mention gave me pause.
Just to be fair to L&C.
One of the students I spoke with said she knew of nothing of the sort and responded to my question like it was absolutely ridiculous.

newcritic

New

Post by newcritic » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:05 pm

Yeah - I'm not sure I read it about LC. I think it was in a link to another blog I got to from a link on this forum where a student who was at LC was talking about that policy at law schools in general - I may have just conflated it in my head with LC.

Or maybe the student was part of the scheme... :shock:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hopeforthebest

New

Post by hopeforthebest » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:44 pm

newcritic wrote:Same email - I bailed for UW. By the bye, I heard that LC might be one of those schools that puts all the scholarship kids in one section of the 1L classes so that there's a mathematical certainty that several will lose their scholarships the second year. Don't know if it's substantiated, but the mention gave me pause.
Are you sure that you don't mean Willamette, which is also in Oregon? I know for a fact that they do that.

AceOfDiamonds

New

Post by AceOfDiamonds » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:40 pm

Strangely, despite a 172 LSAT, a ~3.3 GPA and credentials high enough to get accepted to many 'higher-caliber' law schools, I got a weird notice from Lewis and Clark that they were only willing to accept me in the 2012 class. (And I applied in mid-January.) I wrote a nice letter back asking to be reconsidered and reiterating a preference for Lewis and Clark and heard nothing back. It was just...really strange of them.

Which is somewhat sad, because honestly, the quality of Lewis and Clark's environmental law program made it a higher choice on my list than many objectively-better schools that I applied to.

Despite my sour gripes, though, best wishes to all of you accepted by L+C law! Have fun in Portland.

Rocky Estoppel

Bronze

Post by Rocky Estoppel » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:26 pm

AceOfDiamonds wrote:Strangely, despite a 172 LSAT, a ~3.3 GPA and credentials high enough to get accepted to many 'higher-caliber' law schools, I got a weird notice from Lewis and Clark that they were only willing to accept me in the 2012 class.

Isn't that the class we are all going into this fall? :?

AceOfDiamonds

New

Post by AceOfDiamonds » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:29 pm

Bah.
I meant 2013. -_-
EDIT: Meaning I'd apparently, if I accepted the offer, start in Fall of 2010, not Fall of 2009.
Ten hour workdays absolutely destroy my fickle mind.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”