In at University of Houston Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Ty Webb

Silver

Re: In at University of Houston

Post by Ty Webb » Mon May 03, 2010 2:31 pm

File updated to in review 5/3 today, after being initially in review 3/27.

:shock:

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Mon May 03, 2010 2:43 pm

roofles wrote:The only two schools I've yet to hear from are Houston and Baylor. Apparently the "everything is bigger in Texas" includes the wait for hearing back from law schools. :) :shock:

Mine too! :shock:

I checked mine earlier this morning and it had still had the 3/29 review date.

I'm super nervous. This review date change has happened before, and a decision was issued fairly soon after. In many cases, it was a denial.... :cry:

CarthagoDelendaEst

New

Post by CarthagoDelendaEst » Mon May 03, 2010 3:11 pm

My status went "In review" again on 4/16, and still no decision. Is it a faux pas to send a LOCI, since I am not waitlisted? Would it seem overzealous on my part as the applicant?

Stryka

New

Post by Stryka » Mon May 03, 2010 4:40 pm

As an optimistic person as I am, I'm expecting a reject because my numbers aren't that good...it went from 3/29 in review to 5/3 in review like yall...im surprised i lasted this long...How do they send rejections?

rdcws000

Bronze

Post by rdcws000 » Mon May 03, 2010 5:00 pm

Stryka wrote:As an optimistic person as I am, I'm expecting a reject because my numbers aren't that good...it went from 3/29 in review to 5/3 in review like yall...im surprised i lasted this long...How do they send rejections?
They send rejections by updating your status to "Decision Rendered - Denied" then 3-4 days letter you get a letter in the mail.

Good luck to you guys. Remember sometimes the date change is followed by an acceptance.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Wed May 05, 2010 11:05 am

File now in review for a THIRD time.
Not looking good folks.... :cry:

Review dates:
3/29/10
5/3/10
5/5/10

rdcws000

Bronze

Post by rdcws000 » Wed May 05, 2010 11:34 am

raperez129 wrote:File now in review for a THIRD time.
Not looking good folks.... :cry:

Review dates:
3/29/10
5/3/10
5/5/10
Don't put too much stake in this date change.

The fact you've gone to a third review may mean they are strongly on the fence about you. That means TWO reviewers opted out of immediate rejection. Remember the last big batch of rejections came after one review change, not two.

Stay positive.

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Wed May 05, 2010 11:45 am

rdcws000 wrote:

The fact you've gone to a third review may mean they are strongly on the fence about you. That means TWO reviewers opted out of immediate rejection. Remember the last big batch of rejections came after one review change, not two.

Stay positive.
Thank you, I do consider you the authority on the UH process. Your summary of the entire thread was so impressive. :lol:

I can live with "strongly on the fence." If nothing else, I hope a decision is soon to come so that I can end my agony..... :?

rdcws000

Bronze

Post by rdcws000 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:02 pm

raperez129 wrote:
rdcws000 wrote:

Stay positive.
Thank you, I do consider you the authority on the UH process. Your summary of the entire thread was so impressive. :lol:

I can live with "strongly on the fence." If nothing else, I hope a decision is soon to come so that I can end my agony..... :?
Yes, I put a lot of thought into the process. Ironic that they rejected me! Anyway, I keep checking in here to see what happens to a couple people still waiting, including you. I'm pulling for you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

egrandio

New

Post by egrandio » Wed May 05, 2010 1:39 pm

I agree with rdcws's comment in the sense that a third review prolly means that they are really giving your app a good thought..
Although I have to tell you that my application went under review 3 times too and I finally got waitlisted about a month ago :(

Anyways, good luck to you, raperez!

Texasboundanddown

Bronze

Post by Texasboundanddown » Wed May 05, 2010 1:59 pm

Uhhh what? I just went in review from 5/3 to 5/5. Dumb, probably another case of UH not having their shit together. I'm gonna guess that it doesn't even mean they reviewed my app for a second or third time. They're just rushing to get decisions out and struggling to do so.

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Wed May 05, 2010 3:08 pm

egrandio wrote:I agree with rdcws's comment in the sense that a third review prolly means that they are really giving your app a good thought..
Although I have to tell you that my application went under review 3 times too and I finally got waitlisted about a month ago :(

At this point, I'd take waitlist. But then again, that means the agony will have to continue all summer. :roll:

luckycurl84

New

Post by luckycurl84 » Wed May 05, 2010 4:45 pm

egrandio wrote:I agree with rdcws's comment in the sense that a third review prolly means that they are really giving your app a good thought..

I agree that it's probably a good thing. At least they're looking at your application. I get the distinct impression mine has been lost in the shuffle as I've been 'In Review' since 3/2 with no status changes.

Best of Luck!!! :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CarthagoDelendaEst

New

Post by CarthagoDelendaEst » Wed May 05, 2010 5:06 pm

Yeah, File in Review 3/31,4/16/and 5/5. I hope it is good news as well.

Josh the Goat

New

Post by Josh the Goat » Wed May 05, 2010 5:41 pm

If anyone's in town tonight, I'll be heading out for a few margaritas with a few other law students at El Pueblito on Richmond at 8:30 after my Oil and Gas Tax Law Final. Feel free to come out and join us.

I'm wearing a green polo shirt and I'll probably be talking about how much law school is a pain in the ass.

bigred77

New

Post by bigred77 » Thu May 06, 2010 11:03 am

Alot of people seem to be seeing their "in review" dates change this week and its making me nervous that mine has not. I'm wondering (and too lazy to look all the way back through the thread) if most of these people are FT or PT applicants. UH Admissions has promised to have all FT decisions made by the middle of this month so I'm predicting the rest of the FT apps are the focus right now and everyone will have a decision within the next 2 weeks.

That would would mean us PT'ers probably have an even longer wait in front of us. I don't think I would be surprised if no more PT decisions are made untill June. I hope I'm wrong but I'm preparing myself for an agonizing May.

luckycurl84

New

Post by luckycurl84 » Thu May 06, 2010 11:25 am

bigred77 wrote:Alot of people seem to be seeing their "in review" dates change this week and its making me nervous that mine has not. I'm wondering (and too lazy to look all the way back through the thread) if most of these people are FT or PT applicants. UH Admissions has promised to have all FT decisions made by the middle of this month so I'm predicting the rest of the FT apps are the focus right now and everyone will have a decision within the next 2 weeks.

That would would mean us PT'ers probably have an even longer wait in front of us. I don't think I would be surprised if no more PT decisions are made untill June. I hope I'm wrong but I'm preparing myself for an agonizing May.
Checked this morning. My date changed to 5/5. Eeep! :shock:
I'm PT BTW.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SportsFanatic

Bronze

Post by SportsFanatic » Thu May 06, 2010 11:34 am

Sent an email last night asking to withdraw my application. Good luck everyone.

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Thu May 06, 2010 12:13 pm

I am one that has had the recent change in review date, and I am also a PT applicant.

bigred77

New

Post by bigred77 » Thu May 06, 2010 2:28 pm

Now you guys are makin me REAL nervous about my app "in review" date not changing. Been the same since 4/20/2010.

I can't help but picture it with a huge reject stamp on it with plans to have them sit on it to get my hopes up before I get the letter in June :shock: :shock: :shock:

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Thu May 06, 2010 2:39 pm

bigred77 wrote:Now you guys are makin me REAL nervous about my app "in review" date not changing. Been the same since 4/20/2010.

I can't help but picture it with a huge reject stamp on it with plans to have them sit on it to get my hopes up before I get the letter in June :shock: :shock: :shock:

No, I would not worry about that. This is my THIRD time applying. My experience is that they get the sure rejects (even for PT) out right away. I think the first time I received a rejection was in Dec/Jan, and the second time I received it in early March. This is the longest my application has remained alive.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DarkPhantom

Bronze

Post by DarkPhantom » Thu May 06, 2010 3:24 pm

bigred77 wrote:Now you guys are makin me REAL nervous about my app "in review" date not changing. Been the same since 4/20/2010.

+1 mine since 4/19 and being a graduate from Houston...I'm not sure what the means :roll:

DarkPhantom

Bronze

Post by DarkPhantom » Thu May 06, 2010 3:26 pm

When did you guys apply? I applied in Jan, but my last LSAT was the Feb one :(

lewis louis

Bronze

Post by lewis louis » Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm

Mine went from 3/29/10, 5/3/10, 5/5/10, and now 5/6/10. Sheesh. What gives.

DarkPhantom

Bronze

Post by DarkPhantom » Thu May 06, 2010 8:11 pm

....denied :roll:

w/e, off to the back up schools!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”