In at University of Houston Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ChonWayne

New

Re: In at University of Houston

Post by ChonWayne » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:16 pm

AGA wrote:
ChonWayne wrote:Admitted today via status checker! So pumped for this, can't believe I finally got a decision.

Complete - 1/10
Under Review 2/16, 3/29, 3/31
Decision Rendered - 4/2

Good luck to the rest of you still waiting

Congrats! Can you tell me your score and GPA? Just checking my chances....
Thanks a lot!

FT, 160 - 3.6, Non-URM, applied mainly for IP program since it's 7th in the country. I have a MS degree in computer science and 2 years WE at a major computer manufacturing company.

edit: 3rd under review date was 3/31 not 3/29

jgrin

Bronze

Post by jgrin » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:49 pm

lots of action on LSN today mostly for FT applicants. I interpret this to mean that they are trying to get through the rest of their FT applications, and then proceed to their PT applicant pool. I would expect for us PTers to start hearing something starting in the next week or two. Cross your fingers PTers!

lewis louis

Bronze

Post by lewis louis » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:00 pm

Yeah they're probably working on getting through their FT. Not sure they're through them just yet, though.

jenly

New

Post by jenly » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:33 pm

I was waitlisted PT today... Anyone know how many they usually WL? Also, how do you submit LOCI/updated info? Via email?

madmartigan

Bronze

Post by madmartigan » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:33 am

is it just me or does UH 0Ls + UH students under-represent on TLS?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

madmartigan

Bronze

Post by madmartigan » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:34 am

Also, I was thinking of going to the UH ASD this Friday, but then I saw the agenda... kinda wondering if there will be anything worthwhile. Thoughts?

I mean... it starts at like 8am... thats pretty early to be doins shit...

Josh the Goat

New

Post by Josh the Goat » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:20 am

madmartigan wrote:is it just me or does UH 0Ls + UH students under-represent on TLS?
When I was applying 2 years ago there was barely anyone applying to UH on the boards. I thought that after last years applicants that more 1L's would be on the boards this year, but alas, I feel alone here representing UH. So next year, you guys need to remember what the anxiety of waiting feels like, and find the new thread from 0L's and answer a few of their questions.

Bustang

Bronze

Post by Bustang » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:38 pm

99% certain I'll be at U of H in the fall. See you guys there!

lawschool10

New

Post by lawschool10 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:05 pm

jgrin wrote:lots of action on LSN today mostly for FT applicants. I interpret this to mean that they are trying to get through the rest of their FT applications, and then proceed to their PT applicant pool. I would expect for us PTers to start hearing something starting in the next week or two. Cross your fingers PTers!
I hope you are right but I am not counting on it as per the full time applicants who were under review for up to 3 months. Imagine, you could have gone under review on 3/31 and not hear anything until 5/31 or later, oh the misery of waiting.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

j32f

New

Post by j32f » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:26 pm

My status still says file under review but under my mailing list it says Decision letter mailed. If I'd been accepted do you think that the status would have changed right away from file under review to accepted?

SportsFanatic

Bronze

Post by SportsFanatic » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:15 am

Admitted on Friday!! Graduated UG from UH and they definitely have a soft spot in my heart.

bebesu

New

Post by bebesu » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:22 am

Waitlisted PT on Friday - here's to waiting it out!

hjl47

New

Post by hjl47 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:38 am

bebesu wrote:Waitlisted PT on Friday - here's to waiting it out!
damn me too.....wtf!??!! guess i gotta wait it out as well....mind sharing stats?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hjl47

New

Post by hjl47 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:52 am

jenly wrote:I was waitlisted PT today... Anyone know how many they usually WL? Also, how do you submit LOCI/updated info? Via email?
+1 i just hope i can squeeze in later on in the cycle.....=(

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:55 am

PTers with decisions, mind sharing stats? You can PM me if you want.

lewis louis

Bronze

Post by lewis louis » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:56 am

hjl47 wrote:
bebesu wrote:Waitlisted PT on Friday - here's to waiting it out!
damn me too.....wtf!??!! guess i gotta wait it out as well....mind sharing stats?
hjl47 wrote:
jenly wrote:I was waitlisted PT today... Anyone know how many they usually WL? Also, how do you submit LOCI/updated info? Via email?
+1 i just hope i can squeeze in later on in the cycle.....=(
Anyone PT with a decision wanna share stats with me as well? You can Pm if you feel more comfortable

Zojirushi

Bronze

Post by Zojirushi » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:04 am

Sent in my deposit today! See you guys in the fall. :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:22 am

:roll: I have nothing to do but obsess about this at the moment:

From LSN:
With up to 3,500 total applicants petitioning for entry into the full-time and part-time divisions of the school, the University of Houston Law School has a highly selective admissions process. For the full-time division of the 2008 entering class, 2,999 applications were received by the school, 882 of which were accepted, with 255 of those accepted matriculating at the school. The LSAT scores for the full-time division of this entering class at the 25th and 75th percentiles were 157 and 163, while the undergraduate GPAs of the class at the same percentiles were 3.13 and 3.67. Generally speaking, applicants with numbers that fall within these ranges should be competitive in future application cycles at Houston Law, while those with numbers above these 75th percentiles will have a solid chance at merit scholarships. Applicants with numbers below these 25th percentiles, on the other hand, will have a tougher time gaining admission to Houston Law, and should consider also applying to the school’s part-time division. By applying part-time, applicants with relatively low numbers can enter a less competitive admissions process, and if accepted, can transfer to the full-time division after successfully fulfilling academic requirements. All applicants, regardless of their numbers, can improve their chances at admission by highlighting in their application diversity that they could offer to the student body of Houston Law, as the school aims to put together a student body that is diverse in race, experience, and background.
Do you suppose that since it appears they are wrapping up the FT applications, and since they receive far fewer PT applications, PT applications will start rolling our more quickly?

jgrin

Bronze

Post by jgrin » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:51 am

SportsFanatic, Bebesu, hjl.... Do ya'll mind sharing your stats with the other PTers waiting to hear so that we can make a comparison?

I think because I wasn't admitted or waitlisted last week bodes poorly for my prospects. I think they are going to send out a round of acceptances/waitlists, and then send out rejections.

Oh well, this is by far my number 1, I really hope they find a soft spot in their heart for me!

lewis louis

Bronze

Post by lewis louis » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:55 am

I don't think so. I know im no shoe in, but there is no way i'm a straight up reject. Be patient.

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:58 am

Could be the other way around.

I was a PT rejected in a prior cycle. My straight up rejection came in early March/late February, before they finished FT decisions.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jgrin

Bronze

Post by jgrin » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:01 pm

lewis louis wrote:I don't think so. I know im no shoe in, but there is no way i'm a straight up reject. Be patient.
and your stats are...

jgrin

Bronze

Post by jgrin » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:02 pm

Is it true that UH received fewer PT applications this cycle than in previous years?

moonmaster3

New

Post by moonmaster3 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:12 pm

so if we haven't received word on merit scholarships at this point...are we SOL?

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:36 pm

jgrin wrote:Is it true that UH received fewer PT applications this cycle than in previous years?

Not sure about this cycle in particular, but I know that in general, they receive several times more FT apps than PT apps. Hopefully that means they can get through the PT apps quickly.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”