Anybody heard back from SMU? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
OasisFan

Bronze

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Post by OasisFan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:09 pm

My status just changed to "held for further review" dated January 29th, 2009 (they put wrong date but I get the point)

jtw1386

New

Post by jtw1386 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:19 pm

OasisFan wrote:My status just changed to "held for further review" dated January 29th, 2009 (they put wrong date but I get the point)

What are your numbers if you don't mind me asking?

bcb1986

New

Post by bcb1986 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:30 pm

This is so bizarre. One "Decision Rendered" Friday and one "Held" today. No other whispers...
As for me, I'm still "Application Complete" (ED Applicant).

Tick, tock.

DMNeece

New

Post by DMNeece » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:38 pm

My status changed to "Held for further review" today...My numbers aren't anything special, so I already had little hope, but does this bode worse or better for me?

jtw1386

New

Post by jtw1386 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:44 pm

I don't have spectacular numbers, but mine still says "Application Completed". My guess is they haven't gotten around to updating mine to "Held for further review".

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

joonix

New

Post by joonix » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:46 pm

bcb1986 wrote:This is so bizarre. One "Decision Rendered" Friday and one "Held" today. No other whispers...
As for me, I'm still "Application Complete" (ED Applicant).

Tick, tock.
Mine is still at Application Complete as well, and I'm ED.

rustyb04

New

Post by rustyb04 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:12 pm

my status checker also changed today to read "held for further review" and said was updated on 1/29/09. i would also like to hear theories/opinions about people in the "held" status.

NOLAbball

New

Post by NOLAbball » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:23 pm

I also got "Held for Further Review" according to my status checker with the incorrect date (Jan. 29).

My numbers: 166/3.7

Bit of a question mark for me... :?

ellewoods12

New

Post by ellewoods12 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:41 pm

thats super weird. im still application complete 11/04/2008

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kp1981

New

Post by kp1981 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:46 pm

I will be there for a tour tomorrow at 2pm. Maybe I'll see some of you TLSers there. My status hasn't changed since "Application Received" on Jan 10. How long did it take for them to get your reports from LSAC? I'm surprised 166/3.7 was held for further review. That is kinda scary...

NOLAbball

New

Post by NOLAbball » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:59 pm

betasteve wrote:
NOLAbball wrote:I also got "Held for Further Review" according to my status checker with the incorrect date (Jan. 29).

:?:
This was very odd... This was basically auto-admit last cycle. Perhaps the sentiment of the poster on the previous page about the admissions office being behind and the other poster that suggested mass deferrals are spot on.
Yeah, I dunno if it's a YP situation or what. I'm from Louisiana, so it shouldn't be too strange that I'm applying to Texas schools... :?

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:00 pm

They are probably behind on all applications. LSN didn't show any rejections from that school last year. Odd.

OasisFan

Bronze

Post by OasisFan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:55 pm

jtw1386 wrote:
OasisFan wrote:My status just changed to "held for further review" dated January 29th, 2009 (they put wrong date but I get the point)

What are your numbers if you don't mind me asking?
3.66 and a 154 (my LSAT blows I know but i'm retaking in feb). I am hoping for PT I know that FT is quite a reach...best of luck to all of you

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:57 pm

Maybe they are reviewing all the holds on the 29th. The date couldn't be that coincidental considering that numerous folks on this board got the same date.

OasisFan

Bronze

Post by OasisFan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:57 pm

NOLAbball wrote:
betasteve wrote:
NOLAbball wrote:I also got "Held for Further Review" according to my status checker with the incorrect date (Jan. 29).

This was very odd... This was basically auto-admit last cycle. Perhaps the sentiment of the poster on the previous page about the admissions office being behind and the other poster that suggested mass deferrals are spot on.
Yeah, I dunno if it's a YP situation or what. I'm from Louisiana, so it shouldn't be too strange that I'm applying to Texas schools... :?
I highly doubt its Yield Protect, SMU will usually throw boatloads of scholarship money to a 3.7 and a 166...they're probably just behind on applications. best of luck

Anonymous0L

Post by Anonymous0L » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:01 pm

OasisFan wrote:
NOLAbball wrote:
betasteve wrote:

I highly doubt its Yield Protect, SMU will usually throw boatloads of scholarship money to a 3.7 and a 166...they're probably just behind on applications. best of luck
Time to get those seasonal workers in and read those apps.

jmoc2009

New

Post by jmoc2009 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:11 pm

my status still says "application complete" as of 12/11/2008 - ED for PT only.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

OasisFan

Bronze

Post by OasisFan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:32 pm

i'm hoping for PT as well but I applied to FT and PT so i'm wondering how they do this...

jmoc2009

New

Post by jmoc2009 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:59 pm

i went to an info session on the evening program - it was mentioned that they only offer one or the other when you apply to both. did you mark a preference on your app? if not, it might be worth letting them know...not sure if it's worth bugging them at this point though.

OasisFan

Bronze

Post by OasisFan » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:02 am

i marked my preference as PT...i'm not sure if any PT applicants have been notified yet

DallasJosh

New

Post by DallasJosh » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:18 am

Man, they are absolutely killing me. Been complete since 11-19-08 and nothing yet. All this extra time to think just makes you consider the worst possible scenarios over and over.

It's like waiting to hear from that really hot girl who acted really interested in you and gave you her number. You called and left a message, but haven't heard back from her in 3 days. Did she get the voicemail? Does she really have a boyfriend? Was she just using you to get introduced to your buddy? Was she just drunk and acted that way towards everyone? Man, so many scenarios - and most of the ones I can think of aren't good...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nmazsd

New

Post by nmazsd » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:23 am

My status checker, oddly dated 1/29/09 says: "Held for further review", guess I am in with the regular applicant pool. Better than being flat out rejected though.

BigAristotle

Bronze

Post by BigAristotle » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:32 am

DallasJosh wrote:Man, they are absolutely killing me. Been complete since 11-19-08 and nothing yet. All this extra time to think just makes you consider the worst possible scenarios over and over.

It's like waiting to hear from that really hot girl who acted really interested in you and gave you her number. You called and left a message, but haven't heard back from her in 3 days. Did she get the voicemail? Does she really have a boyfriend? Was she just using you to get introduced to your buddy? Was she just drunk and acted that way towards everyone? Man, so many scenarios - and most of the ones I can think of aren't good...
I'm the same way; been complete around or before you on almost all my schools, including safeties, and not hearing back is freaking me out.

OasisFan

Bronze

Post by OasisFan » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:33 am

Can someone find out what the deal is with this wrong date on the status checkers? I would ask myself however I think the office of admissions heard one more peep out of me they'd just throw my application in the trash... :mrgreen:

bcb1986

New

Post by bcb1986 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:36 am

It's possible that they intend to mail out decisions on 1-29. This would mean applicants would start receiving them on 1-31... the ED "notify by" date. Just a thought.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”