Anybody heard back from SMU? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Mustangcoug

New

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Post by Mustangcoug » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:10 pm

should i be worried??? still no word from SMU. My status still says Application Completed since 4/30.

nontradintexas

Bronze

Post by nontradintexas » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:16 pm

Anyone know if there are any computer/software discounts available through SMU? I'm looking to buy a new laptop and was wondering if SMU has any deals with any manufacturers. I couldn't find anything in the admissions packet...

bill51

New

Post by bill51 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:15 pm

nontradintexas wrote:Anyone know if there are any computer/software discounts available through SMU? I'm looking to buy a new laptop and was wondering if SMU has any deals with any manufacturers. I couldn't find anything in the admissions packet...
Everyone I've talked to says SMU has terrible license agreements.

Machiavellian

New

Post by Machiavellian » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:22 pm

BigAristotle wrote:Anyone expecting any waitlist movement post June 1st Seat Depost date?
To be honest, I am not sure when to expect any news...

nontradintexas

Bronze

Post by nontradintexas » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:03 pm

betasteve wrote:
nontradintexas wrote:Anyone know if there are any computer/software discounts available through SMU? I'm looking to buy a new laptop and was wondering if SMU has any deals with any manufacturers. I couldn't find anything in the admissions packet...
Mac or PC?

PC

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hook 'Em

Bronze

Post by Hook 'Em » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:59 am

I withdrew last night from my spot in the Part-Time program. SMU was my original target when I began the application process, and it was really hard to send the withdrawal e-mail. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and I someone on TLS gets my spot (sorry Big A, I know this does nothing for your chances :mrgreen: ).

thiscyclesucks

New

Post by thiscyclesucks » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:55 am

Where ya headed now?
Hook 'Em wrote:I withdrew last night from my spot in the Part-Time program. SMU was my original target when I began the application process, and it was really hard to send the withdrawal e-mail. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and I someone on TLS gets my spot (sorry Big A, I know this does nothing for your chances :mrgreen: ).

OasisFan

Bronze

Post by OasisFan » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:59 am

thiscyclesucks wrote:Where ya headed now?
Hook 'Em wrote:I withdrew last night from my spot in the Part-Time program. SMU was my original target when I began the application process, and it was really hard to send the withdrawal e-mail. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and I someone on TLS gets my spot (sorry Big A, I know this does nothing for your chances :mrgreen: ).
It was between SMU PT and Illinois right? It's a great school man, Congrats and best of luck!

Hook 'Em

Bronze

Post by Hook 'Em » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:34 am

OasisFan wrote:
thiscyclesucks wrote:Where ya headed now?
It was between SMU PT and Illinois right? It's a great school man, Congrats and best of luck!
Yep, I'll be at Illinois next year. I really love Dallas, but I couldn't justify passing on Illinois's scholarship offer. Good luck at SMU, and have fun in Dallas. I'll be out there at least once in the fall to watch my team beat the crap out of OU.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Rachyk

New

Post by Rachyk » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:50 am

Waitlist update-I called this morning to see when we can anticipate some movement on the waitlist. The girl that I spoke with informed me that they are still receiving seat deposits as they had to be POSTMARKED not necessarily received by June 1. She also informed that they are very busy so she can not give me an answer as to when we will see any movement.

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:52 am

As a lurker to this thread, if SMU is so successful this year (as evidenced by the amount of seat deposits already placed), then where are these applicants? They certainly don't appear to hang-out on TLS.
Last edited by chadwick218 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSmit1723

New

Post by LSmit1723 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:10 am

Rachyk wrote:Waitlist update-I called this morning to see when we can anticipate some movement on the waitlist. The girl that I spoke with informed me that they are still receiving seat deposits as they had to be POSTMARKED not necessarily received by June 1. She also informed that they are very busy so she can not give me an answer as to when we will see any movement.
AHHHHHHHHHH!

That is all.

BigAristotle

Bronze

Post by BigAristotle » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:50 am

chadwick218 wrote:As a lurker to this thread, if SMU is so successful this year (as evidenced by the amount of seat deposits already placed), then where are these applicants? They certainly don't appear to hang-out on TLS.
SMU's never had a strong LSN/Chiashu presence. The 3 people I know who will be attending SMU for certain this fall haven't touched any site involving it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

OasisFan

Bronze

Post by OasisFan » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:43 pm

BigAristotle wrote:
chadwick218 wrote:As a lurker to this thread, if SMU is so successful this year (as evidenced by the amount of seat deposits already placed), then where are these applicants? They certainly don't appear to hang-out on TLS.
SMU's never had a strong LSN/Chiashu presence. The 3 people I know who will be attending SMU for certain this fall haven't touched any site involving it.
+1 bear in mind that they only have 3 sections of 90 students (one of which is PT)

so approximately 180 students will be in the day programs, which is VERY small considering some of the other schools out there.

JD2008

New

Post by JD2008 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:53 pm

I think you would be better off getting a laptop from Dell or Best Buy, but you should definitely purchase Microsoft Office and Virus Protection software from the SMU computer store.

CatfishBlues

New

Post by CatfishBlues » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:47 pm

Waitlisted today via status checker.

Machiavellian

New

Post by Machiavellian » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:13 pm

CatfishBlues wrote:Waitlisted today via status checker.
Grats!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mustangcoug

New

Post by Mustangcoug » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:43 pm

waitlisted on friday via status checker....hello, UofH.

eamonbriggs08

Bronze

Post by eamonbriggs08 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:40 pm

Mustangcoug wrote:waitlisted on friday via status checker....hello, UofH.
word.

sapereaude2012

New

Post by sapereaude2012 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:21 pm

I withdrew from the waitilst Friday, best of luck to you guys still waiting!

raoul79

New

Post by raoul79 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:27 pm

Anyone have any inside info on whether SMU will be moving on their waitlist?
Have they over committed on their class?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

smiley26

New

Post by smiley26 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:31 pm

raoul79 wrote:Anyone have any inside info on whether SMU will be moving on their waitlist?
Have they over committed on their class?
why don't you call and ask...
one more word from me, and they will probably throw my application in the trash.

Rachyk

New

Post by Rachyk » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:32 pm

When I talked to them on the 3rd I was told that they would not know for weeks when or how many would be moved off the waitlist......I'm not sure if anybody else has heard anything different......

ag801

New

Post by ag801 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:12 pm

When I called Tuesday, they said they were currently reviewing the wait-list. They had not over-committed their class and they had the goal of extending offers soon. Let's hope that rings true!

bill51

New

Post by bill51 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:35 pm

ag801 wrote:When I called Tuesday, they said they were currently reviewing the wait-list. They had not over-committed their class and they had the goal of extending offers soon. Let's hope that rings true!
Exciting news, thanks for sharing!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”