The Official in at Richmond Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Michelephant

New

Re: The Official in at Richmond Thread

Post by Michelephant » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:18 pm

No money given = withdraw for me.

There's one more space for you priority waitlisters :)

jewtangclan03

New

Post by jewtangclan03 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:22 pm

Appreciate the move, Mr. Ramone. Hopefully others in your position will follow suit so that Richmond would be a more affordable option for folks like myself.

bittersweet

New

Post by bittersweet » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:10 pm

albieman wrote:
bittersweet wrote:I'm on the priority waitlist too, but I think I'm just going to withdraw.

And your wait list letter had text specifically saying you are on the "priority wait list?"
Yes, and it basically sounded like you would eventually get in if you're on this list.

"I am pleased to inform you that the Admissions Committee has placed you on a very special Priority Waiting List for the Class of 2012 at the University of Richmond School of Law."

"Simultaneously, the Dean asked the Committee to carefully choose a very limited number of highly qualified students for the Priority Waiting List with the expectation that many of those chosen will be offered a place in the class."

"P.S. Because we are fairly optimistic about being able to admit you from our Priority Wait List, we strongly suggest you file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid as soon as possible so that there will be no delays in receiving a financial aid package upon acceptance."

albieman

New

Post by albieman » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:45 pm

bittersweet wrote:
albieman wrote:
bittersweet wrote:I'm on the priority waitlist too, but I think I'm just going to withdraw.

And your wait list letter had text specifically saying you are on the "priority wait list?"
Yes, and it basically sounded like you would eventually get in if you're on this list.

"I am pleased to inform you that the Admissions Committee has placed you on a very special Priority Waiting List for the Class of 2012 at the University of Richmond School of Law."

"Simultaneously, the Dean asked the Committee to carefully choose a very limited number of highly qualified students for the Priority Waiting List with the expectation that many of those chosen will be offered a place in the class."

"P.S. Because we are fairly optimistic about being able to admit you from our Priority Wait List, we strongly suggest you file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid as soon as possible so that there will be no delays in receiving a financial aid package upon acceptance."
Man...thanks. That doesn't look like the letter I got. Major bummer. I am still hopeful.

aed9

New

Post by aed9 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:32 am

Thought I'd share that I'm declining my acceptance and scholarship offer, so hopefully that will open up a seat for someone else. Good luck to those of you still waiting!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jewtangclan03

New

Post by jewtangclan03 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:26 am

aed9 wrote:Thought I'd share that I'm declining my acceptance and scholarship offer, so hopefully that will open up a seat for someone else. Good luck to those of you still waiting!
:)

Paul Ramone

New

Post by Paul Ramone » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:53 pm

just withdrew. hope this opens up a spot/$60k for one of you guys!

northerndeac

New

Post by northerndeac » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:48 pm

I'd really like to hear something one way or another here. I've emailed and called a couple of times and all I get is that they are trying to get all decisions out before April 15th. I got my app in before Thanksgiving, so I did my job. 5 months of waiting? That's not doing your job. I now have money down on one place but would not have if I had gotten into UR before April 1st. I'm quickly souring on one of my top choices here.

dante311

New

Post by dante311 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:23 am

I just withdrew from Richmond and the John Marshall program. So that will free up a JMS spot for someone and about $75k so best of luck! It is such a pretty school!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

northerndeac

New

Post by northerndeac » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:57 pm

Waitlisted yesterday, I called them and sent an email yesterday. Got an email and phone call admitting me today. That's what I call a fast turnaround on waitlist admissions!

paulmar

New

Post by paulmar » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:00 pm

northerndeac wrote:Waitlisted yesterday, I called them and sent an email yesterday. Got an email and phone call admitting me today. That's what I call a fast turnaround on waitlist admissions!
WTH???? They said in their letter that they weren't going to start admitting people until the third week of April???

Sneaky :evil:

edit: Were you priority? And how did you find out? Via snail mail (date of letter, if so?)
Last edited by paulmar on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpencerPratt

Bronze

Post by SpencerPratt » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:06 pm

Dear Richmond,

Was I supposed to be rejected? I have received mailings for two days straight now after being rejected last week. You waste a lot of paper.

Sincerely,

SpencerPratt

northerndeac

New

Post by northerndeac » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:18 pm

paulmar wrote:
northerndeac wrote:Waitlisted yesterday, I called them and sent an email yesterday. Got an email and phone call admitting me today. That's what I call a fast turnaround on waitlist admissions!
WTH???? They said in their letter that they weren't going to start admitting people until the third week of April???

edit: Were you priority? And how did you find out? Via snail mail (date of letter, if so?)
It did not say that I was on the priority waitlist but my letter sounded like the exact same wording with the terms "expected offers to a large number of waitlist candidates" and asking for updated contact info for the next couple of weeks. It said the dean asked the committee to place only a small number of people on the waitlist. They expected to start the waitlist reviews on or before April 15th. It sounded like UR admitted very few people this year and is going to use the waitlist extensively.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

paulmar

New

Post by paulmar » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:37 pm

northerndeac wrote:
paulmar wrote:

It did not say that I was on the priority waitlist but my letter sounded like the exact same wording with the terms "expected offers to a large number of waitlist candidates" and asking for updated contact info for the next couple of weeks. It said the dean asked the committee to place only a small number of people on the waitlist. They expected to start the waitlist reviews on or before April 15th. It sounded like UR admitted very few people this year and is going to use the waitlist extensively.
Damn son. Did they mention anything about scholly's?

albieman

New

Post by albieman » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:07 pm

Good work.....mind sharing your numbers?

cofcrunner

New

Post by cofcrunner » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:25 pm

So... I'm confused. Other than the mailers everyday, I didn't hear anything about in/out/WL since I applied. But today I got a letter about people on the waitlist BUT it did NOT actually say I was on the waitlist, though I'm getting that vibe from the letter. Some excerpts:

"We have received many calls inquiring about our wait list and what can be done to strengthen an applicant's position on that waitlist"... "The LSAT is one of the very important factors" (really?!?!) ... I should think about taking the June one and they'll consider the highest score.... Please call/email if have any questions... "In any case, rest assured we will contact you immediately should a space that we may offer you open in the class"

Nothing like the other waitlists that I got that specifically say, you're on the waitlist, but clearly it is implied here. Has anyone gotten this letter as the first notice that they are on the wait list? Anyone who has already received notice of their purgatory status get this letter? If I emailed or called and told them I was going to retake it, do you think they would ignore my application when accepting people off the WL until I took LSAT? Some people mentioned a priority waitlist and I'd really like to know if I made that or not.

My LSAT sucks. A lot. I've been toying with the idea of taking the June one anyway to get off some waitlists. But a) I'm broke and its so not in my budget b) I'm not confident that I could do much better c) I don't want to go through that hell again.

The icing on the cake is that I also got another mailer with this letter telling me how great the school was. Salt in my wounds.

albieman

New

Post by albieman » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:51 pm

cofcrunner wrote:So... I'm confused. Other than the mailers everyday, I didn't hear anything about in/out/WL since I applied. But today I got a letter about people on the waitlist BUT it did NOT actually say I was on the waitlist, though I'm getting that vibe from the letter. Some excerpts:

"We have received many calls inquiring about our wait list and what can be done to strengthen an applicant's position on that waitlist"... "The LSAT is one of the very important factors" (really?!?!) ... I should think about taking the June one and they'll consider the highest score.... Please call/email if have any questions... "In any case, rest assured we will contact you immediately should a space that we may offer you open in the class"

Nothing like the other waitlists that I got that specifically say, you're on the waitlist, but clearly it is implied here. Has anyone gotten this letter as the first notice that they are on the wait list? Anyone who has already received notice of their purgatory status get this letter? If I emailed or called and told them I was going to retake it, do you think they would ignore my application when accepting people off the WL until I took LSAT? Some people mentioned a priority waitlist and I'd really like to know if I made that or not.

My LSAT sucks. A lot. I've been toying with the idea of taking the June one anyway to get off some waitlists. But a) I'm broke and its so not in my budget b) I'm not confident that I could do much better c) I don't want to go through that hell again.

The icing on the cake is that I also got another mailer with this letter telling me how great the school was. Salt in my wounds.
You're on the waitlist, 100%. Congrats.

And I don't blame you about taking the LSAT again.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cofcrunner

New

Post by cofcrunner » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:16 pm

albieman wrote:
cofcrunner wrote:So... I'm confused. Other than the mailers everyday, I didn't hear anything about in/out/WL since I applied. But today I got a letter about people on the waitlist BUT it did NOT actually say I was on the waitlist, though I'm getting that vibe from the letter. Some excerpts:

You're on the waitlist, 100%. Congrats.

And I don't blame you about taking the LSAT again.
I just signed up for the June test. I got a free weaver this time around, so the only excuse I'd have not to take it is simply being lazy. Time to go dig up my review book ugh

TarHeel09

New

Post by TarHeel09 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:22 am

Priority Waitlist for me. Hopefully enough people with scholarships drop out also, so that I can get some money.

paulmar

New

Post by paulmar » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:54 am

Anyone admitted off the P-WL yet? I'm going crazy trying to figure out my next 3 years!

cofcrunner

New

Post by cofcrunner » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:18 pm

paulmar wrote:Anyone admitted off the P-WL yet? I'm going crazy trying to figure out my next 3 years!
There is another Richmond thread on the forum. Someone said they recently got in off the P-WL.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TarHeel09

New

Post by TarHeel09 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:22 pm

yea i just got off on friday. pretty excited. the list is moving, so that is good for everyone.

fordtheriver

New

Post by fordtheriver » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:19 pm

Offered a spot off of priority waitlist... didn't take it as they said I would not be receiving any $$$ so it wasn't the logical choice for me. Best of luck to everyone else waiting!

TarHeel09

New

Post by TarHeel09 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:26 am

did they say why you weren't getting any money? Did they just not have any? Or were your numbers not the kind they wanted in order to give people money? Just curious...

dkelch317

New

Post by dkelch317 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:54 am

I withdrew and w/ that comes another $45,000 over 3 years that can go to someone

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”