In at Rutgers Newark!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
king3780

Bronze

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Post by king3780 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:13 am

Congrats. Hopefully I'll see you in Newark this fall.

civil3d

New

Post by civil3d » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:24 am

Congrats to everyone that got in. I'm still deciding between a couple schools in the area, but it's going to be hard to say no to Rutgers in-state tuition.

civil3d

New

Post by civil3d » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:46 am

Has anyone been given an idea of how much tuition is going to be next year? I'm weighing my options based on scholarships I've received elsewhere, and so far Rutgers has only told me they aren't yet sure what it will be next year.

jpasqu1

New

Post by jpasqu1 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:08 pm

At the ASD back in January they said it has been going up roughly 8% each year and to expect roughly the same.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:14 pm

bayberrymoon wrote:
A'nold wrote:
bayberrymoon wrote:Sending in my deposit tomorrow 8) Anyone else decided on Rutgers-Newark already?

Good luck to those waiting!

Man would I love to get the go ahead from this school. Congrats on your decision. :)
Thanks A'nold! I think I saw you were put on hold - I hope they accept you really soon!

Thanks! Me too, haha. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

j.hodgman

New

Post by j.hodgman » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:07 am

First of all, congrats to everyone in so far, and good luck to everyone still waiting.

Got my acceptance package in the mail today and I'm excited to be in. Has anyone started negotiating their offer from Rutgers?

Edit -- I guess I should have read the acceptance letter all the way to the bottom. Scholarship is pretty good!
Last edited by j.hodgman on Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

KosovasLostSon

New

Post by KosovasLostSon » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:26 am

j.hodgman wrote:First of all, congrats to everyone in so far, and good luck to everyone still waiting.

Got my acceptance package in the mail today -- I'm excited to be in but a little bummed about the scholarship given that a higher ranked school is offering (much) more. Has anyone started negotiating their offer from Rutgers?
What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? I want to know what I'm in store for.

klmnumbers

New

Post by klmnumbers » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:02 pm

Ugh. I just got an e-mail that they want to defer my applicatipn. I'm really not sure why.. I'm within their numbers easily, and my PS, LORs, softs are all great. I'm pretty much super disappointed since they would have been one of my top choices for sure if they accepted me.

In the e-mail it says: "The latest you would hear from us would be mid-April."

Too bad most of the schools have seat deposits due April 1-15th. Thanks, R-N, for letting me down. =(

KosovasLostSon

New

Post by KosovasLostSon » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:06 pm

klmnumbers wrote:Ugh. I just got an e-mail that they want to defer my applicatipn. I'm really not sure why.. I'm within their numbers easily, and my PS, LORs, softs are all great. I'm pretty much super disappointed since they would have been one of my top choices for sure if they accepted me.

Too bad most of the schools have seat deposits due April 1-15th. Thanks, R-N, for letting me down. =(
Don't worry... I'm sure you'll get in off the waitlist... This year is probably the best year to be on a waitlist if you have no choice to be on one... Less applicants that sent out more applications. Although I would have no issue attending Rutgers, I am hoping I hit a school in my range or reach. It's just been a tough cycle, but have hope... Once April passes, a lot of spots will be freeeing up.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

klmnumbers

New

Post by klmnumbers » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:11 pm

KosovasLostSon wrote:
klmnumbers wrote:Ugh. I just got an e-mail that they want to defer my applicatipn. I'm really not sure why.. I'm within their numbers easily, and my PS, LORs, softs are all great. I'm pretty much super disappointed since they would have been one of my top choices for sure if they accepted me.

Don't worry... I'm sure you'll get in off the waitlist... This year is probably the best year to be on a waitlist if you have no choice to be on one... Less applicants that sent out more applications. Although I would have no issue attending Rutgers, I am hoping I hit a school in my range or reach. It's just been a tough cycle, but have hope... Once April passes, a lot of spots will be freeeing up.
Right, but my seat deposits will already be due at the places who have accepted me. I just don't get it. I'm at their median LSAT and above their GPA. That should at least be an offer of attendance. =( Next year is looking more and more like DePaul with the lack of response from my other top choices and this deferral. =(

KosovasLostSon

New

Post by KosovasLostSon » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:15 pm

klmnumbers wrote:
Right, but my seat deposits will already be due at the places who have accepted me. I just don't get it. I'm at their median LSAT and above their GPA. That should at least be an offer of attendance. =( Next year is looking more and more like DePaul with the lack of response from my other top choices and this deferral. =(
Losing your deposit for Depaul to attend a top school of your choice is well worth it... I plan on losing my deposit if I get a spot off of the waitlist to a better school of my choice... Just my two cents.

magnumxlv

New

Post by magnumxlv » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:23 pm

Does anyone know if the scholarship amount listed in the letter is per year or over three years?

caoyun

Bronze

Post by caoyun » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:36 pm

magnumxlv wrote:Does anyone know if the scholarship amount listed in the letter is per year or over three years?
It is what it says it is. Mine said it was per year.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

magnumxlv

New

Post by magnumxlv » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:25 pm

caoyun wrote:
magnumxlv wrote:Does anyone know if the scholarship amount listed in the letter is per year or over three years?
It said something about the scholarship being renewable so I guess its per year, but it wasn't explicitly stated.

caoyun

Bronze

Post by caoyun » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:14 am

magnumxlv wrote:
caoyun wrote:
It said something about the scholarship being renewable so I guess its per year, but it wasn't explicitly stated.
Seems logical.

KosovasLostSon

New

Post by KosovasLostSon » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:40 am

I applied to too many safeties... Surprised I'm still waiting on St. John's and Seton Hall.... If I don't get into any of my ranges/top choices, I'll be seeing you all on the streets of Newark... I'm looking at kids with similar stats getting into American and other schools I applied to, and I'm starting to worry my somewhat shady past is coming to haunt me in the admissions process.

Anyway, I really want to see what kind of scholly I'll get at Rutgers... Make sure to bring your shanks with you to Newark. Survival of the fittest.

king3780

Bronze

Post by king3780 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:23 am

KosovasLostSon wrote:I applied to too many safeties... Surprised I'm still waiting on St. John's and Seton Hall.... If I don't get into any of my ranges/top choices, I'll be seeing you all on the streets of Newark... I'm looking at kids with similar stats getting into American and other schools I applied to, and I'm starting to worry my somewhat shady past is coming to haunt me in the admissions process.

Anyway, I really want to see what kind of scholly I'll get at Rutgers... Make sure to bring your shanks with you to Newark. Survival of the fittest.
Shanks are too intimate of a weapon for my taste. Having to actually drive a sharp object into another man is not my cup of tea. Anyone know the concealed weapon laws in NJ? A 9 mm ought to do just fine.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

KosovasLostSon

New

Post by KosovasLostSon » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:31 pm

king3780 wrote:
KosovasLostSon wrote:I applied to too many safeties... Surprised I'm still waiting on St. John's and Seton Hall.... If I don't get into any of my ranges/top choices, I'll be seeing you all on the streets of Newark... I'm looking at kids with similar stats getting into American and other schools I applied to, and I'm starting to worry my somewhat shady past is coming to haunt me in the admissions process.

Shanks are too intimate of a weapon for my taste. Having to actually drive a sharp object into another man is not my cup of tea. Anyone know the concealed weapon laws in NJ? A 9 mm ought to do just fine.
Concealed weapons are a big no-no in Jersey (unless you're a cop).

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:36 pm

So as of now this is the school I want to be at, but I have a question for you all.

I heard Rutgers doesnt release rank to employers (which is pretty awesome), but does that mean the school itself doesn't rank or release it to the students?

king3780

Bronze

Post by king3780 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:55 pm

KosovasLostSon wrote:
king3780 wrote:

Concealed weapons are a big no-no in Jersey (unless you're a cop).
Yeah, I was just being facetious anyway. I'm sure even if it was okay out on the streets, I doubt people on campus would be thrilled with students sitting in class with a gun.

KosovasLostSon

New

Post by KosovasLostSon » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:17 pm

Rutgers is starting to look like the end game for me... WTF just got an email telling me I got waitlisted at Wake Forest. This cycle is starting to scare me.

1- Acceptance (Rutgers-Newark)
2- Waitlists (American, Wake Forest)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Giles Rich

New

Post by Giles Rich » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:34 pm

Zeph wrote:So as of now this is the school I want to be at, but I have a question for you all.

I heard Rutgers doesnt release rank to employers (which is pretty awesome), but does that mean the school itself doesn't rank or release it to the students?
Rutgers does rank students confidentially, they just don't release the information to the students. Apparently if a prospective employer requests your ranking they will provide it (I assume w/ your permission).

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:06 pm

Giles Rich wrote:
Zeph wrote:So as of now this is the school I want to be at, but I have a question for you all.

Rutgers does rank students confidentially, they just don't release the information to the students. Apparently if a prospective employer requests your ranking they will provide it (I assume w/ your permission).

thanks again =)

skamanindc

New

Post by skamanindc » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:03 pm

finally got waitlisted at Fordham, it looks like I'll end up at Rutgers. Anyone know how rutgers grads place in philly law firms? Also, can we negotiate the scholarship offer and perhaps get more out of them?

LolaSmile

New

Post by LolaSmile » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:10 pm

skamanindc wrote:finally got waitlisted at Fordham, it looks like I'll end up at Rutgers. Anyone know how rutgers grads place in philly law firms? Also, can we negotiate the scholarship offer and perhaps get more out of them?
I believe that Camden places better in Philly.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”