In at Rutgers Newark!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Giles Rich

New

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Post by Giles Rich » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:09 pm

olesya154 wrote:Just got deferred too :cry: Is this deferral like a waitlist? I am asking cause I didn't apply ED...
Yeah, I think the deferral is Rutgers version of a waitlist.

Giles Rich

New

Post by Giles Rich » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:29 pm

IzziesGal wrote:
tjb wrote:Hey TLS. In as well.
Sent app in 12/6/08
Complete 1/6/09 (asked for app to be held for Dec LSAT)
No email- just package waiting for me yesterday (with scholly information). Also I'm out of state (NY)
Good luck! I had a pretty quick turnaround once I went complete (My numbers: 163/3.46)
Woohoo - congrats!! Is this a top contender for you?
I think I recognize your husband from the Open House. Was he there too?

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:34 pm

Giles Rich wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:
Sent app in 12/6/08
No email- just package waiting for me yesterday (with scholly information). Also I'm out of state (NY)
Good luck! I had a pretty quick turnaround once I went complete (My numbers: 163/3.46)
Haha...maybe I should change my avatar, then. :D He was...he really wanted to come with me so that he could get an idea of what I (and by default, he) will be going through as a 1L.

Giles Rich

New

Post by Giles Rich » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:37 pm

IzziesGal wrote:
Giles Rich wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:
Sent app in 12/6/08
Haha...maybe I should change my avatar, then. :D He was...he really wanted to come with me so that he could get an idea of what I (and by default, he) will be going through as a 1L.
Nice. I think I talked to him about the sandwiches or something. Funny. That's cool that he went with you. It's good to have people looking out for you when you make this huge decision.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:39 pm

olesya154 wrote:Just got deferred too :cry: Is this deferral like a waitlist? I am asking cause I didn't apply ED...

#'s if you don't mind?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:40 pm

Giles Rich wrote:

Nice. I think I talked to him about the sandwiches or something. Funny. That's cool that he went with you. It's good to have people looking out for you when you make this huge decision.
LOL - that's too funny. Yeah, I have told him all the 1L horror stories I have heard from people at my firm, and I think it helped him to hear how tough it is from other people (I can exaggerate things a bit at times...I admit that). Also, it gave him a better understanding of the whole process, so he knows more about what's left to be done and what my timeline is like.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:10 pm

Giles, have you given any more thought to your Rutgers vs. Seton Hall dilemma?? I think last time, you said you were leaning towards Rutgers bc of the curve?

Giles Rich

New

Post by Giles Rich » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:20 pm

IzziesGal wrote:Giles, have you given any more thought to your Rutgers vs. Seton Hall dilemma?? I think last time, you said you were leaning towards Rutgers bc of the curve?
Rutgers ended up offering me some money, so I am almost positive that I will be going there. I will still go to the admitted students day at SHU and if I really like it I'll see if their scholarship contingencies can be relaxed a bit. Otherwise, it's Rutgers all the way!

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:27 pm

Giles Rich wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:Giles, have you given any more thought to your Rutgers vs. Seton Hall dilemma?? I think last time, you said you were leaning towards Rutgers bc of the curve?
Rutgers ended up offering me some money, so I am almost positive that I will be going there. I will still go to the admitted students day at SHU and if I really like it I'll see if their scholarship contingencies can be relaxed a bit. Otherwise, it's Rutgers all the way!
Awesome!! Congrats on the money!! When and how did you find out about it? I am guessing it wasn't in your acceptance packet initially? Maybe they read on TLS how much you liked them, but SH gave you $$ :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Giles Rich

New

Post by Giles Rich » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:38 pm

IzziesGal wrote:
Giles Rich wrote:
Awesome!! Congrats on the money!! When and how did you find out about it? I am guessing it wasn't in your acceptance packet initially? Maybe they read on TLS how much you liked them, but SH gave you $$ :D
Funny. No, I actually called and asked. I got the impression that scholarships were very hard to come by this year, so I'm very happy.

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:57 pm

Giles Rich wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:
Giles Rich wrote:
Funny. No, I actually called and asked. I got the impression that scholarships were very hard to come by this year, so I'm very happy.
What are your numbers? A little money would go along way in swaying me towards Rutgers.

Giles Rich

New

Post by Giles Rich » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:08 pm

LSATfromNC wrote: What are your numbers? A little money would go along way in swaying me towards Rutgers.
164/3

sergris

New

Post by sergris » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:22 pm

155/3.13 got in part-time. Anyone who was recently accepted, did your application status change to accepted? Mine still remains blank.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:39 pm

sergris wrote:155/3.13 got in part-time. Anyone who was recently accepted, did your application status change to accepted? Mine still remains blank.
Mine now says "reccommended for admission" or something similar to that...

Giles Rich

New

Post by Giles Rich » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:43 pm

IzziesGal wrote:
sergris wrote:155/3.13 got in part-time. Anyone who was recently accepted, did your application status change to accepted? Mine still remains blank.
Did you have to plug your SSN and birthdate in to get into that site or is there a Rutgers ID that we can use? I was a bit nervous plugging that info in.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Giles Rich wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:
Did you have to plug your SSN and birthdate in to get into that site or is there a Rutgers ID that we can use? I was a bit nervous plugging that info in.
I have a Rutgers ID number that is still good from my undergrad....

Giles Rich

New

Post by Giles Rich » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:46 pm

IzziesGal wrote:
Giles Rich wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:
I have a Rutgers ID number that is still good from my undergrad....
Ahhh. Nice.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:46 pm

Giles Rich wrote:
Ahhh. Nice.
I think you should be able to get one, as an admitted student.

sergris

New

Post by sergris » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:50 pm

Giles Rich wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:
I use my ssn and bday, so far everything is fine.

Giles Rich

New

Post by Giles Rich » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:55 pm

How's your decision coming? What schools are you still waiting on? Are there any that would trump Rutgers if you got in?

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:59 pm

Giles Rich wrote:
How's your decision coming? What schools are you still waiting on? Are there any that would trump Rutgers if you got in?
I'm still waiting on a few reaches...Vanderbilt, BC, and Berkeley namely. I made it to committee review at Berkeley, which is nicer than being rejected, but I definitely don't have my hopes up about this one. Not sure about Vandy or BC, but if by some miracle of god I got into Berkeley, I'd pack my bags in a heartbeat and we'd make do with the year apart. But that's only because it's my ultimate dream school.

Until I hear back from them (on or around Feb 20th), it's Rutgers all the way. :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Giles Rich

New

Post by Giles Rich » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:03 pm

IzziesGal wrote:
Giles Rich wrote:
I'm still waiting on a few reaches...Vanderbilt, BC, and Berkeley namely. I made it to committee review at Berkeley, which is nicer than being rejected, but I definitely don't have my hopes up about this one. Not sure about Vandy or BC, but if by some miracle of god I got into Berkeley, I'd pack my bags in a heartbeat and we'd make do with the year apart. But that's only because it's my ultimate dream school.

Until I hear back from them (on or around Feb 20th), it's Rutgers all the way. :D
Cool. Yeah Berkeley is a great school. I can see why that would be an easy choice.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:05 pm

Giles Rich wrote:

Cool. Yeah Berkeley is a great school. I can see why that would be an easy choice.
Yeah, it's my ultimate reach. Again, not getting hopes up, but applying and getting rejected is still better than always wondering what could have been!!! Do you have any reaches out there??

Giles Rich

New

Post by Giles Rich » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:25 pm

Since I'm PT in this location the only reach I could justify was Fordham. I'm waitlisted. Given the commute and cost I'm not sure I would go even if I got in.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:20 pm

Giles Rich wrote:Since I'm PT in this location the only reach I could justify was Fordham. I'm waitlisted. Given the commute and cost I'm not sure I would go even if I got in.
Ditto. I was waitlisted at Fordham, too. And in addition to the cost, I honestly do not think I could handle another 3 years of commuting to uptown Manhattan when Rutgers Newark is a 15 minute drive on the Pulaski!!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”