In at Rutgers Newark!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
coolkatz321

Bronze

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Post by coolkatz321 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:56 pm

klmnumbers wrote:
ghelpme wrote:to all of you deferrals...if not accepted to Rutgers where are you going? I sent in a deposit to St Johns
Case Western or U Pitt.
I'll be at Illinois next fall.

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:03 pm

Well ladies and gents I have officially been placed on the waitlist....eff

I was really hoping R-N would come through and this is where I really want to go.

Meh I will be sending in the waitlist response form and ride it out and see what happens.

cant help but feel a little bummed :(

olesya154

New

Post by olesya154 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:19 pm

Zeph wrote:Well ladies and gents I have officially been placed on the waitlist....eff

I was really hoping R-N would come through and this is where I really want to go.

Meh I will be sending in the waitlist response form and ride it out and see what happens.

I feel your pain Zeph! I am in the same boat with RN and I am WLed at SJ too. Not a good cycle for me, for sure :(

premierock

New

Post by premierock » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:21 pm

wl'd here too. I'm thinking they just threw all deferred students on the wait list so everyone stops bothering them, and everyone has an answer. I have not had a good experience with rutgers at all.

klmnumbers

New

Post by klmnumbers » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:24 pm

I also just got tossed a waitlist. It's a shame that R-N was my top choice for the entire cycle, and I didn't even get accepted despite having good numbers for them. I waited for eons for a response, too.

It looks like I'll be in Cleveland in the fall. I'm pretty excited, to be honest. Plus, Case is about 32 ranks higher than R-N now, and they gave me a baby scholarship. So, nyah R-N. nyaaaaaah.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dapoetic1

Bronze

Post by dapoetic1 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:31 pm

Zeph wrote:Well ladies and gents I have officially been placed on the waitlist....eff

DAMNIT zeph!!!!!!
I'm a little bummed for you.
I really wanted to see your 'tar
Can I get a peek anyway?

So what's your plan now? Are you going to stay on the WL or are you putting your deposit in somewhere else?

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:34 pm

dapoetic1 wrote:

DAMNIT zeph!!!!!!
Can I get a peek anyway?

So what's your plan now? Are you going to stay on the WL or are you putting your deposit in somewhere else?

Well I wasn't relying on hearing from them before the first deadline so I threw a deposit somewhere...not really where i want to be but it offers decent employment.

I do plan on riding out this waitlist till the last day but still sucks...I thought I had good numbers for it too..Guess we will have to wait and see. I already wrote a LOCI so not sure what else there is to do.

As for the tar, I don't think I will be debuting that unless I get in. Once school starts and if I haven't heard anything then ill send it to you in an email

dapoetic1

Bronze

Post by dapoetic1 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:38 pm

Zeph wrote:
dapoetic1 wrote:

DAMNIT zeph!!!!!!
Can I get a peek anyway?

Well I wasn't relying on hearing from them before the first deadline so I threw a deposit somewhere...not really where i want to be but it offers decent employment.

I do plan on riding out this waitlist till the last day but still sucks...I thought I had good numbers for it too..Guess we will have to wait and see. I already wrote a LOCI so not sure what else there is to do.

As for the tar, I don't think I will be debuting that unless I get in. Once school starts and if I haven't heard anything then ill send it to you in an email
Ok...well, I didn't want to have to do this but...
I'm getting on the phone with Dean Walton and telling her that if she doesn't let you in I'm not coming.
And then maybe when she rescinds my offer for being a jackass---you'll get in!!! :lol:

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:39 pm

dapoetic1 wrote:
Zeph wrote:
dapoetic1 wrote:

DAMNIT zeph!!!!!!
Can I get a peek anyway?

Ok...well, I didn't want to have to do this but...
I'm getting on the phone with Dean Walton and telling her that if she doesn't let you in I'm not coming.
And then maybe when she rescinds my offer for being a jackass---you'll get in!!! :lol:

rofl appreciate it my friend, hopefully this is put to an end by mid june/july and I can debut the tar ;)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

coolkatz321

Bronze

Post by coolkatz321 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:20 pm

Waitlisted...um, wtf? Withdrew immediately, complete with a note saying how poor their admissions process has been, as well as commenting on the rudeness of the admissions staff (particularly Dean Walton). Putting in my deposit at UIUC right now.

olesya154

New

Post by olesya154 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:36 pm

Also just withdrew from the waitlist.

ghelpme

New

Post by ghelpme » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:27 pm

Did anyone receive an email questioning whether you were still interested in attending...I havent been wl yet, but received an email asking me if I am still interested in attending....this is torture

ghelpme

New

Post by ghelpme » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:02 pm

I'm sure I will also be waitlisted...they have to torture me for another week

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ghelpme

New

Post by ghelpme » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:02 pm

stillllllll waiting...Im sure only to be waitlisted :(

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:07 am

ghelpme wrote:stillllllll waiting...Im sure only to be waitlisted :(
hey you never know, maybe you will have better luck than the rest of us!

Stay positive =) (I know easier said than done)

Good luck

sunshine429

New

Post by sunshine429 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:37 pm

I've been lurking on this site for quite some time, and i finally decided to post. I just got an email today accepting me for fall 2009! I was just so excited, I had to tell everyone (including all the TLS members) :D

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:41 pm

sunshine429 wrote:I've been lurking on this site for quite some time, and i finally decided to post. I just got an email today accepting me for fall 2009! I was just so excited, I had to tell everyone (including all the TLS members) :D
Congrats! were you previously on hold/wait listed or what?

mind telling us your numbers just to get an idea?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sunshine429

New

Post by sunshine429 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:35 pm

Thank you :) I received an email from Dean Walton asking if I still interested last week. I hadn't heard anything previous to that, so I'm guessing I was on hold.

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:41 pm

Last edited by Big Shrimpin on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dapoetic1

Bronze

Post by dapoetic1 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:45 pm

@sunshine--congrats!!!

@bigshrimpin--the admissions process definitely builds character

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:56 pm

Last edited by Big Shrimpin on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ghelpme

New

Post by ghelpme » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:02 pm

I also received an email today.....I'm in!!! Good Luck to everyone....

dapoetic1

Bronze

Post by dapoetic1 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:23 pm

Big Shrimpin wrote:^^^LOL. If by build character you mean encourage cynicism, then I guess you might have a valid argument.

(Not @ you, dapoetic--I'm just bitter and RN is laughing their way to the bank with my application fee :evil: .)
I hear you.
If it's any consolation (and it probably isn't) I got a letter from Columbia telling me they've received all the components of my application and that my file is ready for review with the committee. Normally this would be good news. But I was rejected from Columbia months ago. I know it's not quite the same...but it's just that little dagger in the heart. I feel like they're mocking me.

thevlad

New

Post by thevlad » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:01 pm

i am in, just received an emal from Dean Walton. Yay!!!

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:32 pm

Im happy for you guys, but im crying on the inside ='(

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”