University of Florida Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawschoolapplicantuf

New

Re: University of Florida

Post by lawschoolapplicantuf » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:11 pm

157/161,3.42 No "red flags" besides 2 arrest for soliciting prostitute

cigator

New

Post by cigator » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:12 pm

mango26 wrote:DLIT 03/16 no red flags, but i did take the lsat twice, and my gpa is 3.3.
How does your taking LSAT twice make a difference, if they were taken before February?

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:15 pm

Hate to say this but I think the 3/16ers may be waitlists or rejections based on the reported red flags here. The 3/16 numbers seem to look like acceptances but I am not sure Florida is going to pick people with red flags when they have so many qualified people to pick from. Maybe it is a mixed bag but I don't think so.

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:17 pm

lawschoolapplicantuf wrote:157/161,3.42 No "red flags" besides 2 arrest for soliciting prostitute
Ha! Ha!

lawschoolapplicantuf

New

Post by lawschoolapplicantuf » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:17 pm

No arrests here was joking

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:27 pm

ram jam wrote:yeah, they will be waitlists.... I did the LSAT twice.

Takin the LSAT twice is fine!
Last edited by Emma1 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:15 pm

Does UF still give updates via status checker after you've gone DLIT and are waitlisted? I just want to know if my status will change to "WL" instead of "DLIT;" so, I can stalk UF's status checker again. Faxed my continued interest form in yesterday. At this point, I'm in James Brown begging mode. Please...baby, baby...pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!!

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Emma1 wrote:Hate to say this but I think the 3/16ers may be waitlists or rejections based on the reported red flags here. The 3/16 numbers seem to look like acceptances but I am not sure Florida is going to pick people with red flags when they have so many qualified people to pick from. Maybe it is a mixed bag but I don't think so.
Not sure. 162 is 86th percentile on the LSAT, and a lot of the people that get that score or higher are going to schools other than UF. There's hardly any more well-qualified applicants this year than in previous years, and if UF wants their entering class to have good numbers, they're probably not going to be going out rejecting a bunch of people that have higher than 162 on the LSAT, some of which also have some pretty good GPAs. Especially if they're trying to raise their median this year.

The character and fitness disclosure on law school applications is basically to make sure that you can pass the bar. Nobody on here has any red flags that will make that a problem.

alanabanana

New

Post by alanabanana » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:38 pm

you guys are making me crazy.
I am 161/ 3.6 NO red flags, other than being a Seminole, AND PROUD OF IT! lol
no more people suggesting this is a waitlist/ rejection group. I should probably just stop looking, but this website is like crack.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:43 pm

JCougar wrote:
Emma1 wrote:Hate to say this but I think the 3/16ers may be waitlists or rejections based on the reported red flags here. The 3/16 numbers seem to look like acceptances but I am not sure Florida is going to pick people with red flags when they have so many qualified people to pick from. Maybe it is a mixed bag but I don't think so.
Not sure. 162 is 86th percentile on the LSAT, and a lot of the people that get that score or higher are going to schools other than UF. There's hardly any more well-qualified applicants this year than in previous years, and if UF wants their entering class to have good numbers, they're probably not going to be going out rejecting a bunch of people that have higher than 162 on the LSAT, some of which also have some pretty good GPAs. Especially if they're trying to raise their median this year.

The character and fitness disclosure on law school applications is basically to make sure that you can pass the bar. Nobody on here has any red flags that will make that a problem.[/quote

I hope you are right but if you go to LSN and look at last years rejects and wl's (under applicants) there are plenty of rejects and WL's with people with numbers of 162 and above. I want to be wrong about this. Some are splitters. Look at the data and post what you think . Thanks

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:48 pm

I hope you are right but go LSN's site and look under applicants for last year. There appear to be rejections and WL's for people with those numbers. There are splitters there too. Let me know what you think. I want to be wrong and hope the 3/16's are acceptances.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:52 pm

Yes, but last year, UF had a median of 161 and they weren't necessarily splitter-friendly. It's reasonable to believe from the LSN data that they are trying to raise their median to 162 this year (especially since FSU has nearly caught up to them with their median), which would probably require them being more friendly to splitters. I can see them rejecting a few people here and there for having poor writing skills, but I can't see a mass-rejection of 162s-169s at this point. That would be pretty shocking.

rcharles

Bronze

Post by rcharles » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:53 pm

alanabanana wrote:you guys are making me crazy.
no more people suggesting this is a waitlist/ rejection group. I should probably just stop looking, but this website is like crack.

:lol: That's the truth! And it is our addiction to this website that is the red flag!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:13 pm

JCougar wrote:Yes, but last year, UF had a median of 161 and they weren't necessarily splitter-friendly. It's reasonable to believe from the LSN data that they are trying to raise their median to 162 this year (especially since FSU has nearly caught up to them with their median), which would probably require them being more friendly to splitters. I can see them rejecting a few people here and there for having poor writing skills, but I can't see a mass-rejection of 162s-169s at this point. That would be pretty shocking.

But almost 1/2 of the March 16 DLIT's reported here are under 162!

freakingout2

New

Post by freakingout2 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:14 pm

I completely agree! I'm freaking out, and this website is not helping me, neither is LSN! I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worse. I'm 158/3.8 GPA. I took the LSAT once. I have a TON of work experience and leadership experience. Have (in my opinion) excellent letters of recommendation. I've also studied abroad, which I know UF eats up.

Went into DLIT on Tuesday the 16th, but my status date says 3/17/10. I called this morning, and they told me that my letter was mailed out on Wednesday. So we should be getting them tomorrow (didn't come in the mail today).

Keep the faith!

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:23 pm

freakingout2 wrote:
I completely agree! I'm freaking out, and this website is not helping me, neither is LSN! I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worse. I'm 158/3.8 GPA. I took the LSAT once. I have a TON of work experience and leadership experience. Have (in my opinion) excellent letters of recommendation. I've also studied abroad, which I know UF eats up.

Went into DLIT on Tuesday the 16th, but my status date says 3/17/10. I called this morning, and they told me that my letter was mailed out on Wednesday. So we should be getting them tomorrow (didn't come in the mail today).

Keep the faith!

Good Luck! Curious as to why UF law cares about study abroad? I did as well but I would think that they have a great number of applicants who have done so. It is pretty common practice at alot of schools

Sky'stheLimit

Bronze

Post by Sky'stheLimit » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:25 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

GoTribe1

New

Post by GoTribe1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:47 pm

Do people actually get in off of UF's waitlist, or is it like a gentle rejection?

mps

New

Post by mps » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:50 pm

Anyone make it to the admitted students day that is happening this afternoon? care to share your thoughts/feelings about the school, the profs, the town etc with all of those who unfortunately unable to attend? :-D

ChattTNdt

Bronze

Post by ChattTNdt » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:05 pm

GoTribe1 wrote:Do people actually get in off of UF's waitlist, or is it like a gentle rejection?
LSN shows 6 applicants accepted off the 2009 waitlist... considering the % of applicants using LSN, I would guess that they accepted at least 15 off the waitlist, and maybe quite a few more. Like some ITT have mentioned, it is likely that many applicants with high scores apply to regional schools like UF as safeties and/or for the possiblity of a game-changing $$$ offer. These applicants tend to subsequently get accepted to more prestigious schools and/or get better scholarship offers and go elsewhere, opening WL spots.

On the downside, UF will go to the waitlist a month later than other schools because of the extremely late May 15 seat deposit deadline. They won't know how many spots they need to fill until then.

ScndCareertyme

New

Post by ScndCareertyme » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:10 pm

Ok, after compulsively reviewing posts from this time last year, it seems clear to me. There was a batch of rej, then a batch of acceptances, then a big batch of WL's (starting around 3/20), then only rej's. since the waitlist group has already come out with their "all acceptances for this year have already been extended." i am firmly convinced the 3/16's are out as in WL or rej. Good luck to everyone, I'm gonna try to lay off the crack. :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Margaret Cavendish

New

Post by Margaret Cavendish » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:11 pm

Just to ease everyone's mind a little, I had red flags that actually got me dinged from a safety school yet I was accepted into UF in February. So, they don't completely hate on a checkered past if your numbers are still in range! Although it is unusual that this is a characterization of the entire batch? GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

ChattTNdt

Bronze

Post by ChattTNdt » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:13 pm

ScndCareertyme wrote:forgot to add that I called the admissions office on Wednesday afternoon and they said the last admitted students day is April 23rd, with RSVPs opening on this next monday. Maybe just in time for some 3/16 admits to sign up???? Going off of sky's post this might be a ray of hope.

Hahaha yes!!! I mentioned this a few pages back, saw the ASD was 4/23 and you can register starting 3/22, just in time for the 3/16 DLITs!!!!! :D

March Madness is making this weekend fly by... stress-free and no time to freak out about whether or not I'm being realistic about my chances...

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:21 pm

Emma1 wrote:
JCougar wrote:Yes, but last year, UF had a median of 161 and they weren't necessarily splitter-friendly. It's reasonable to believe from the LSN data that they are trying to raise their median to 162 this year (especially since FSU has nearly caught up to them with their median), which would probably require them being more friendly to splitters. I can see them rejecting a few people here and there for having poor writing skills, but I can't see a mass-rejection of 162s-169s at this point. That would be pretty shocking.

But almost 1/2 of the March 16 DLIT's reported here are under 162!
I counted 11 out of 25 under 162, not counting the person who had a 159 but got a 164 on the Feb. retake. But the ones with 161-160 had better GPAs, and could be in there to stabilize the GPA numbers.

Anyway, I guess we will see in a day or two.

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:27 pm

ScndCareertyme wrote:Ok, after compulsively reviewing posts from this time last year, it seems clear to me. There was a batch of rej, then a batch of acceptances, then a big batch of WL's (starting around 3/20), then only rej's. since the waitlist group has already come out with their "all acceptances for this year have already been extended." i am firmly convinced the 3/16's are out as in WL or rej. Good luck to everyone, I'm gonna try to lay off the crack. :(

I am not worried about the WL letter wording ( all acceptances for this year have already been extended). I think people are reading way too much into this. You are also assuming that 3/11 group is the last waitlist group even though this would be much earlier than last year. I am sure that there will be acceptances and WL's after March 11th. I am more concerned about people reporting red flags in the 3/ 16 DLIT'S. It may signal a WL or rejection group or is a mixed bag.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”