University of Florida Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
traehekat

Gold

Re: University of Florida

Post by traehekat » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:24 pm

In! DIT 3/5. Anyone else waiting for mail with a 3/5 DIT, I think you are in good shape.

fcowrx

Bronze

Post by fcowrx » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:07 pm

Dimsdale wrote:
fcowrx wrote:
traehekat wrote:Sounds like most, if not everyone who went DIT 3/5 are admits.
I really hope so. What date did the letter/envelope have on it?
3/9 was the date on my envelope, 3/5 DLIT here with an acceptance
Just got the acceptance packet, DLIT 3/5. Great news to have before my spring break vacation.

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:09 pm

UFLS2013 wrote:any 3/11 above 160?
negative. I feel a waitlist coming on, and that just sucks. I'm waitlisted at 6 schools with my first deposit due at my 2nd choice April 15th!

ChattTNdt

Bronze

Post by ChattTNdt » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:17 pm

Congrats to the 3/5 acceptances!

I'll continue to dream of another good batch going out this afternoon.

GatorsFTW

New

Post by GatorsFTW » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:24 pm

i'm thinking they're acceptances from 3-11. UF has an admitted students' day next friday, 3-19, which would be just in time for this latest group of admits.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ScndCareertyme

New

Post by ScndCareertyme » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:26 pm

FWIW I though i would post my info to this thread to commiserate. Im a Non-Trad (10yrs out), non-URM with a chemistry major, strong softs like most (scholarships, great recs, multiple awards in the work force) & 3.4/160. I went and visited UF, loved it. Still no word from UF, ALA, FSU, Emory(legacy), in at GSU, SC, rej at UGA. The waiting part is killing me as i will be moving myself + wife/3kids. :roll:

Lomax

Bronze

Post by Lomax » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:36 pm

GatorsFTW wrote:i'm thinking they're acceptances from 3-11. UF has an admitted students' day next friday, 3-19, which would be just in time for this latest group of admits.
A small weight dropped on the scale opposite two much larger ones represented by known patterns and the DIT 3/11s' low numbers. Unless UF is, for whatever reason, getting very nervous about not filling seats, this batch is almost certainly not going to be acceptances.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:56 pm

Lomax wrote:
GatorsFTW wrote:i'm thinking they're acceptances from 3-11. UF has an admitted students' day next friday, 3-19, which would be just in time for this latest group of admits.
A small weight dropped on the scale opposite two much larger ones represented by known patterns and the DIT 3/11s' low numbers. Unless UF is, for whatever reason, getting very nervous about not filling seats, this batch is almost certainly not going to be acceptances.
Lomax, where the hell have you been?

And considering that for this cycle, DLIT normally means about 7ish days for the letter to get to the recipient, you're probably right.

GatorsFTW

New

Post by GatorsFTW » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Lomax wrote:

flomax, i question your prescience and your sunny disposition. we need positivity here people. we drink gatorade at the university of florida, not haterade. are you a seminole? gators own noles.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:22 pm

GatorsFTW wrote:
Lomax wrote:

flomax, i question your prescience and your sunny disposition. we need positivity here people. we drink gatorade at the university of florida, not haterade. are you a seminole? gators own noles.
If you end up going to UF, he will be your classmate.

gatorlion

Bronze

Post by gatorlion » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:50 pm

Just to provide more evidence for the 3/5 DLIT admit theory, I received my acceptance packet in the mail today (on the West coast).

Lomax

Bronze

Post by Lomax » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:57 pm

rad law wrote:Lomax, where the hell have you been?
Trying to stay out of trouble, for the most part.
GatorsFTW wrote:flomax, i question your prescience and your sunny disposition. we need positivity here people. we drink gatorade at the university of florida, not haterade. are you a seminole? gators own noles.
I never thought there would come a day when I would actually be accused of being anti-UF. :lol:

I do sympathize with those disappointed by my comments and those of others sharing a realistic view of reality. I can speak only for myself in saying that such comments are made only to keep those who wish to be informed of their application status apprised as best as they can be. I know for a fact that a number of people appreciate my input and have considered it helpful in the past. I wish you and everyone else yet to receive a decision the best of luck.
gatorlion wrote:Just to provide more evidence for the 3/5 DLIT admit theory, I received my acceptance packet in the mail today (on the West coast).
Many congratulations. Should you decide to switch coasts, you will be an amusing addition to Gainesville's already extensive collection of fauna (which, oddly enough, includes a herd of wild bison).

gatorlion

Bronze

Post by gatorlion » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:37 pm

Lomax wrote:
rad law wrote:Lomax, where the hell have you been?
Trying to stay out of trouble, for the most part.
GatorsFTW wrote:flomax, i question your prescience and your sunny disposition. we need positivity here people. we drink gatorade at the university of florida, not haterade. are you a seminole? gators own noles.
I never thought there would come a day when I would actually be accused of being anti-UF. :lol:

I do sympathize with those disappointed by my comments and those of others sharing a realistic view of reality. I can speak only for myself in saying that such comments are made only to keep those who wish to be informed of their application status apprised as best as they can be. I know for a fact that a number of people appreciate my input and have considered it helpful in the past. I wish you and everyone else yet to receive a decision the best of luck.
gatorlion wrote:Just to provide more evidence for the 3/5 DLIT admit theory, I received my acceptance packet in the mail today (on the West coast).
Many congratulations. Should you decide to switch coasts, you will be an amusing addition to Gainesville's already extensive collection of fauna (which, oddly enough, includes a herd of wild bison).
I didn't see any bison when I went to Paynes Prairie :cry:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Killjoy

New

Post by Killjoy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:36 am

DIT 3/5 ---> Admitted

luckyduck

Bronze

Post by luckyduck » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:55 am

I'm a DIT 3/11. My LSAT is low for UF but my GPA is higher than their 75% and I'm a non-trad (Old). Since they sat on my app a long time (I applied 10/1, went RBC;DP on 12/3), I'm thinking that the 3/11s are a waitlist. Many people with my LSAT have been denied already, according to LSN so if they were going to deny me I think that it would have happened in the latest batch of dings. FWIW

Sky'stheLimit

Bronze

Post by Sky'stheLimit » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:12 pm

Im interested in this: Is there anyone still RCDP with a sub 160 LSAT who isn't a URM?

rcharles

Bronze

Post by rcharles » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:21 pm

159/3.9
I've been at decision pending for a looong time.

I recently found out that I scored a 164 on the Feb. LSAT and the adcomms said that that score wouldn't be taken into consideration. After hearing that crap I nearly withdrew out of principal...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mango26

Bronze

Post by mango26 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:36 pm

Last edited by mango26 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sky'stheLimit

Bronze

Post by Sky'stheLimit » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:02 pm

What they say and what they do could be two different things. By requiring applicants to have all of their materials in by 1/15, they get a good idea of what the applicant pool is going to look like, and thus begin reviewing applications. I'm pretty confident this is their intention, and why discourage the Feb LSAT. However, with that said, UF law can still report your score to US News, so make sure you update your file anyway.

LoveSaltLife

New

Post by LoveSaltLife » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:08 pm

Sky'stheLimit wrote:Im interested in this: Is there anyone still RCDP with a sub 160 LSAT who isn't a URM?
me. RCDP since 11/30. 158/3.6.

Sky'stheLimit

Bronze

Post by Sky'stheLimit » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:34 pm

LoveSaltLife wrote:
Sky'stheLimit wrote:Im interested in this: Is there anyone still RCDP with a sub 160 LSAT who isn't a URM?
me. RCDP since 11/30. 158/3.6.

Thank you! Keep posting everyone!!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

waverider

Bronze

Post by waverider » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:33 pm

Rcharles...

Nice to see a broncos fan in a Florida thread.

Go Broncos!
(Let's just hope we can finish off the season of apps a little better than the Broncos)

dummy66

New

Post by dummy66 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:23 am

In! 161/3.84 URM

UFLS2013

New

Post by UFLS2013 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:41 am

is there a chance 3/11 is a mixed pool?

ChattTNdt

Bronze

Post by ChattTNdt » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:27 am

UFLS2013 wrote:is there a chance 3/11 is a mixed pool?

Yes, as far as we know there is a chance of that. However, it would be a surprise as it would be the first mixed batch of the cycle

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”