Has anyone gotten into their reach school Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
venusesf

New

Has anyone gotten into their reach school

Post by venusesf » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:28 pm

Hello. So I took the LSAT couple months ago and scored a 152 (I was practicing in the 160s so I am not too sure how that happened). It was my second time taking the exam, however. I decided to take a risk and go ahead and apply to a few law schools. My UGPA is 3.63. My dream school is also a reach school, my LSAT being a few points lower than 25th percentile and my GPA being higher than the 75th percentile.

I got an acceptance from my safety school but it is truly not where I pictured myself attending law school for three years. I have not heard back from the reach school but I was wondering if anyone has gotten into their reach school.

I am thinking that if things go left and I don't get an acceptance from my reach school that I may consider transferring after my first year. My only concern with transferring is the cost of living elsewhere when where I currently reside is extremely close to my reach school.

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: Has anyone gotten into their reach school

Post by crazywafflez » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:28 pm

Please don't go to law school expecting to transfer. More likely than not you will be median. I had an LSAT and GPA above the 75th percentile at my school. I am median. Retake the LSAT and go to a better school or get more scholarship money. All schools between 25-60ish are effectively the same. Go to a T1/2 school on a great scholarship or to a T20/14. I would not recommend going to like U of Ark paying sticker, which is pretty close to the scenario you are in. I would go there or Ole Miss or something on a fullride (or darn close) if my goals were to stay in the Sipp or Arkansas and do small firm work or PI and making a modest income. Go to where you want to practice, go for cheap. Do not go to like Emory/Tulane/Syracuse/Pepperdine whatever at sticker. Please retake or make sure you've got a great scholarship to your school.

cavalier1138

Re: Has anyone gotten into their reach school

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:09 pm

I second all of the above.

You should also remove the words "safety" and "reach" from your law school admissions vocabulary. There are schools that will give you a decent shot at the job you want in the region you want to work, and there are schools that will not give you that. If your current stats aren't good enough to get you into the former group at a price you can afford, then retake the LSAT until they are.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”