Hofstra Law 2023 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DareDilla

New

Hofstra Law 2023

Post by DareDilla » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:10 am

Hello!

Highly considering Hofstra law as they gave me an extremely generous scholarhship. Decided to start up this thread.

Johnnybgoode92

Silver

Re: Hofstra Law 2023

Post by Johnnybgoode92 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:04 pm

DareDilla wrote:Hello!

Highly considering Hofstra law as they gave me an extremely generous scholarhship. Decided to start up this thread.
And what exactly do you plan on doing with a Hofstra JD? Did you get in anywhere else?

DareDilla

New

Post by DareDilla » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:16 pm

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:

And what exactly do you plan on doing with a Hofstra JD? Did you get in anywhere else?
Just local immigration or real estate law in the New York or Long Island area. As long as I can graduate with no debt I’m happy. I know a handful of Hofstra grads that have done well for themselves. Got into St. John’s but not as much scholarship so I’m leaning towards Hofstra. Still waiting on a few schools.

Johnnybgoode92

Silver

Post by Johnnybgoode92 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:03 am

DareDilla wrote:
Johnnybgoode92 wrote:

Just local immigration or real estate law in the New York or Long Island area. As long as I can graduate with no debt I’m happy. I know a handful of Hofstra grads that have done well for themselves. Got into St. John’s but not as much scholarship so I’m leaning towards Hofstra. Still waiting on a few schools.
Those are still competitive fields. With schools of that caliber you take what you can get. I’d retake and shoot for a better school with a full scholarship. There is no reason you can’t get St. John’s or Brooklyn or Cardozo to give a full scholarship if you double back on the lsat

LSATWiz.com

Silver

Post by LSATWiz.com » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:54 pm

It comes off as snobbish to criticize the admitted students' threads where kids are looking to congregate and not seeking out advice about career prospects. While your intentions are good, I think it may be counterproductive to your intent.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FND

Bronze

Post by FND » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:36 pm

DareDilla wrote:Just local immigration or real estate law in the New York or Long Island area. As long as I can graduate with no debt I’m happy. I know a handful of Hofstra grads that have done well for themselves. Got into St. John’s but not as much scholarship so I’m leaning towards Hofstra. Still waiting on a few schools.
Please ignore Johnny. Absolutely nothing wrong with graduating from Hofstra with no debt. I wish you lots of luck.

Johnnybgoode92

Silver

Post by Johnnybgoode92 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:15 pm

Look up “Hofstra law reputation” thread started by aimo5656. You’ll get the picture.

nixy

Gold

Post by nixy » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:33 pm

Local immigration law is really not a field concerned with pedigree.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”