Current Status Date Change? What does this really mean? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BlueSkiesonMars

New

Current Status Date Change? What does this really mean?

Post by BlueSkiesonMars » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:07 pm

Hello!

Can anyone shed some light on this subject?

Why do some Law Schools periodically change the Current Status Date? For example: NDLS does this like once a month.

Initial Submission - 4 Sep
First status change - Approx 13 Sep
Next change - 14 Oct

Does this just mean someone at the AC clicked on my profile or something? Did I pass the first shake test and not get rejected out right? Is this just a monthly refresh?

UMich just shows you the current date every time you login, so not every school does this.

BlueSkiesonMars

New

Re: Current Status Date Change? What does this really mean?

Post by BlueSkiesonMars » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:24 am

After scouring the internet and this site for some time, I have an answer!

Every school is different. NDLS likely equates this to UR1 and UR2. Movement is movement, and as long as its not followed shortly thereafter with a "we regret to inform you", you're cooking with gas.

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:56 pm

BlueSkiesonMars wrote:After scouring the internet and this site for some time, I have an answer!

Every school is different. NDLS likely equates this to UR1 and UR2. Movement is movement, and as long as its not followed shortly thereafter with a "we regret to inform you", you're cooking with gas.
Thanks for updating us! FWIW, I know it's (much) easier said than done, but really try to put admissions outcomes out of your mind for now. It's mid-October; it's still super early in the current admissions cycle. Schools don't really get going on giving out offers until mid-late November. Not to say October acceptances don't exist, but they tend to be rare, even for very strong candidates.

And also: fear not, schools will let you know as soon as they render a decision on your application (or even sometimes if they need more time to decide). They won't leave it to you to find out your status via their checker.

BlueSkiesonMars

New

Post by BlueSkiesonMars » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:44 pm

QContinuum wrote:
BlueSkiesonMars wrote:After scouring the internet and this site for some time, I have an answer!

Thanks for updating us! FWIW, I know it's (much) easier said than done, but really try to put admissions outcomes out of your mind for now. It's mid-October; it's still super early in the current admissions cycle. Schools don't really get going on giving out offers until mid-late November. Not to say October acceptances don't exist, but they tend to be rare, even for very strong candidates.

And also: fear not, schools will let you know as soon as they render a decision on your application (or even sometimes if they need more time to decide). They won't leave it to you to find out your status via their checker.
Hey I appreciate the advice! For a lot of us, and I'd think especially non-traditional students, we have spent so much time preparing and then we have the anti-climactic "submit" moment. What follows is 3-4 months of waiting around and refreshing and over thinking every possible scenario.

Listen to this moderator....they are a smart individual. Enjoy your few months off of not thinking about Law School admissions and chill.

Don't be like me and search for an answer that is literally the third paragraph on the NDLS FAQ section.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”