TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wmbuff

Bronze

Removed post...

Post by wmbuff » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:13 am

Removed post...
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Walliums

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Post by Walliums » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:19 am

Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:I've decided the best way to stop worrying/wondering re: my non-admits is to just focus on my short list as-is, and then if it grows in future, hey, bonus. I realize my short list isn't everyone's by any means, but thought this little spreadsheet might be helpful to some. An excellent use of company time I think.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Curious how you arrived at your short list? Just the criteria on the left?

Ntp73821

Silver

Removed post...

Post by Ntp73821 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:28 am

Removed post...
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:29 am

Ntp73821 wrote:
wmbuff wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:
wmbuff wrote:Check out the sticky, folks. Seems there's a serious change afoot. I've signed up over there.
?? Sorry if I’m being dumb but what are you referring to?
Someone of dubious character has bought this website (they have links to ATL documenting his shadyness). Some of the old hands have opened a new forum and are encouraging us to join them. I'm in.
I made an account but have been waiting on the confirmation email for a while now.
Check your spam box

Ntp73821

Silver

Removed post...

Post by Ntp73821 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:30 am

Removed post...
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:32 am

Ntp73821 wrote:I did
I think there are a couple of back ways that worked for people. Like allowing messages from the main address (I think admin@top-law-schools.com) to hit your inbox, then resending the code

LiveJustly390

New

Post by LiveJustly390 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:33 am

Ntp73821 wrote:
principalagent wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
wmbuff wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:
wmbuff wrote:Check out the sticky, folks. Seems there's a serious change afoot. I've signed up over there.
Someone of dubious character has bought this website (they have links to ATL documenting his shadyness). Some of the old hands have opened a new forum and are encouraging us to join them. I'm in.
I made an account but have been waiting on the confirmation email for a while now.
Check your spam box
I did
Apparently there was a glitch - I think they gave advice on it on this thread : http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 0&t=285508

Bush v. Gorgeous

Bronze

Post by Bush v. Gorgeous » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:41 am

Walliums wrote:
Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:I've decided the best way to stop worrying/wondering re: my non-admits is to just focus on my short list as-is, and then if it grows in future, hey, bonus. I realize my short list isn't everyone's by any means, but thought this little spreadsheet might be helpful to some. An excellent use of company time I think.

More or less looking for a school that will give me the best opportunity to work toward big law, possibly with a clerkship first. Interested in civil litigation though not exactly sure on specifics - several things I want to explore. We want to be in Chicago or on the east coast, so that factored in. And just the programs that I felt most excited about. Not going to lie, I'm waiting on three responses that I'm also really hoping for, but they are all major long shots. Open to critiques too!

Ntp73821

Silver

Removed post...

Post by Ntp73821 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:47 am

Removed post...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ntp73821

Silver

Removed post...

Post by Ntp73821 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:59 am

Removed post...

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:15 am

Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:
Walliums wrote:

More or less looking for a school that will give me the best opportunity to work toward big law, possibly with a clerkship first. Interested in civil litigation though not exactly sure on specifics - several things I want to explore. We want to be in Chicago or on the east coast, so that factored in. And just the programs that I felt most excited about. Not going to lie, I'm waiting on three responses that I'm also really hoping for, but they are all major long shots. Open to critiques too!
Ah! I was curious why Michigan wasn't on the shortlist, but then you said you wanted Chicago or east coast. Have you visited Northwestern yet? I loved that place.

Bush v. Gorgeous

Bronze

Post by Bush v. Gorgeous » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:16 am

Walliums wrote:
Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:
Walliums wrote:

Ah! I was curious why Michigan wasn't on the shortlist, but then you said you wanted Chicago or east coast. Have you visited Northwestern yet? I loved that place.
I think we are just not college town people. With Virginia...I'm trying. We'll see. Hoping to take a trip to Chicago at end of Feb.!

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:21 am

Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:
Walliums wrote:

I think we are just not college town people. With Virginia...I'm trying. We'll see. Hoping to take a trip to Chicago at end of Feb.!
Chicago is lovely. Buy a nice winter coat if you don't have one already, you will walk everywhere!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:31 am

just spammed tf out of some applicants threads with the FB link lmao

e: ok I spammed enough lmao

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:48 am

Ntp73821 wrote:
wmbuff wrote:
april_ludgate wrote:
I never actually got a confirmation email, I just used edge browser and logged in with my credentials and it worked. Then I went back to chrome deleted cookies and viola

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:53 am

They're still dealing with the error that's causing this but did a back end batch approval. If you registered earlier and didn't get the email, you might be able to get in now.

mwells56

Silver

Post by mwells56 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:56 am

Oh great, now I have THREE places for my neurosis to compel me to continuously check even though nothing ever changes (here, TLS, FB group)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LiveJustly390

New

Post by LiveJustly390 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:58 am

Walliums wrote:
Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:
Walliums wrote:

Chicago is lovely. Buy a nice winter coat if you don't have one already, you will walk everywhere!
Chicago is the best! Make sure your winter coat covers your butt and buy wind pants for the bitter cold days (usually just two weeks in January). I really love it here, and will probably want to come back after law school.

Completely off topic: If you want a cool place to get a drink in Chicago I recommend Green Door Tavern - great pub food and there’s a secret speakeasy downstairs Thursday-Saturday called the Drifter (it actually was a real speakeasy during prohibition. It’s amazing). Just make sure you get to the downstairs speakeasy between 5 and 6:30 to get a spot quickly or else there’s a waitlist.

Zero Hedge

New

Post by Zero Hedge » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:01 pm

mwells56 wrote:Oh great, now I have THREE places for my neurosis to compel me to continuously check even though nothing ever changes (here, TLS, FB group)
You say that like it's unhealthy or something :)

robin acrewood

New

Post by robin acrewood » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:37 pm

Any advice for a meeting with an admission committee member at a WL school? What kinds of questions should I ask? I don't want to sound dumb asking about things I can easily find on the website.

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:44 pm

robin acrewood wrote:Any advice for a meeting with an admission committee member at a WL school? What kinds of questions should I ask? I don't want to sound dumb asking about things I can easily find on the website.
+1 hopping on this

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mmart207

Bronze

Post by mmart207 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:02 pm

"Hold for further action" at W&L today. sigh

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:00 pm

I heard new posts are now being moderated before going up. Is this true?

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:23 pm

It's amazing what you can learn when you search someone's post history. Some folks have dropped all kinds of knowledge over the years.

Eli1

New

Post by Eli1 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:47 pm

Does anyone know if a partial tuition waiver counts as a scholarship when a school calculates their median scholarship amount?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”