Waitlist Vs. Continued Consideration Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sickofwaiting77

New

Waitlist Vs. Continued Consideration

Post by sickofwaiting77 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 pm

Just got an email from Vanderbilt saying that while they could not offer acceptance at this time they were interested in my candidacy and were putting me on continued consideration. Is that just a fancy way to say waitlist or is it (as I am hoping) that it is ranked more favorably than waitlist. Anyone have any experience with continued consideration?

scoot456

New

Re: Waitlist Vs. Continued Consideration

Post by scoot456 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:37 pm

-
Last edited by scoot456 on Tue May 30, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sickofwaiting77

New

Post by sickofwaiting77 » Fri May 12, 2017 10:00 pm

For anyone interested I called Vanderbilt today and it is not the same as waitlist. For anyone in the same position I am it seems like its a better shot than waitlist.

sickofwaiting77

New

Post by sickofwaiting77 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:45 pm

One last update, if you are on continued consideration, hang in there! Just got an acceptance from Vandy today with 27,000 a year. Miracles do happen people, stay strong.

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Tue May 16, 2017 9:48 pm

sickofwaiting77 wrote:Just got an email from Vanderbilt saying that while they could not offer acceptance at this time they were interested in my candidacy and were putting me on continued consideration. Is that just a fancy way to say waitlist or is it (as I am hoping) that it is ranked more favorably than waitlist. Anyone have any experience with continued consideration?
it's just a way of waiting because they know it's a higher risk if they WL you that you'll withdraw. i hate when they do it because it helps them avoid actually making a real decision on you

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”