Cooley c/o 2020 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Johnnybgoode92

Silver

Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Post by Johnnybgoode92 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:17 pm

Accepted Lansing campus
Lsat:138
Gpa: 2.84 regional state school in WI
Scholly: 5k a year guaranteed

Any advice on off campus housing?

Kopetz

Bronze

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Post by Kopetz » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:28 pm

I'll take the bait: please don't go to Cooley for 5k off sticker price unless you have significant political connections or your family owns a legal practice.

Johnnybgoode92

Silver

Post by Johnnybgoode92 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:44 pm

I'm trying to get off the waitlist at mighican state.

I've read the Cooley threads here and know the reputation. But I'm taking the loans to hopehilly enter IP law. I am posting here to meet others applicants and hear how they're approaching their first year.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:49 pm

Kopetz wrote:I'll take the bait: please don't go to Cooley for 5k off sticker price unless you have significant political connections or your family owns a legal practice.

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Post by Gitaroo_Dude » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:52 pm

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:But I'm taking the loans to hopehilly enter IP law.
99% sure this is bait right here, but in case it isn't, you need to re-read the Cooley threads. That's a crazy plan.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Johnnybgoode92

Silver

Post by Johnnybgoode92 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:54 pm

I'm trying to go to Michigan state. Obviously Cooley wasn't my top choice. But I studied too hard for the lsat and as an undergrad to not go to law school.

I am confident if I study hard and network well I can accomplish my goals. Is anyone else on TLS going to Cooley etc Year or goes now/have any advice on student life there?

BasilHallward

Silver

Post by BasilHallward » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:59 pm

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:I'm trying to go to Michigan state. Obviously Cooley wasn't my top choice. But I studied too hard for the lsat and as an undergrad to not go to law school.

I am confident if I study hard and network well I can accomplish my goals. Is anyone else on TLS going to Cooley etc Year or goes now/have any advice on student life there?
Reevaluate this statement and be honest with yourself. There is no shame in not going to law school. If this isn't flame, let me assure you that there is no shame in not going to law school. The prestige and and fortune that your family and friends boast about is not there. Get into sales/business crap, be a go-getter, and make a decent life for yourself. Cooley will ruin you in so many ways.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:00 pm

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:I'm trying to go to Michigan state. Obviously Cooley wasn't my top choice. But I studied too hard for the lsat and as an undergrad to not go to law school.

75% of graduates at Cooley don't become lawyers. You think that these people didn't work hard and try to network well during school? Just know that almost everyone goes to Cooley thinking the same exact thing as you...they're all there to work their asses off and try to be in that 25% that end up becoming lawyers.

Also, what happened to the schools in between Mich St. and Cooley...did they disappear or did you only apply to 2 schools lol

Instrumental

Silver

Post by Instrumental » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:01 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Johnnybgoode92

Silver

Post by Johnnybgoode92 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:07 pm

I knew i wanted to practice in Michigan so didn't apply anywhere else and wouldn't waste my time with u Michigan.

What I wanted to know was about student life there. Not people telling me not to be a professional without knowing my resume. I've thought it through and don't need to be condescended to.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:12 pm

Instrumental wrote:Image

Kopetz

Bronze

Post by Kopetz » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:14 pm

Alexandros wrote:

Johnnybgoode92

Silver

Post by Johnnybgoode92 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Not everyone who posts about TTTT law schools is trolling. Where else would we post to get some decent info on the schools we want to go to?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:18 pm

Kopetz wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:19 pm

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:I knew i wanted to practice in Michigan so didn't apply anywhere else and wouldn't waste my time with u Michigan.

What I wanted to know was about student life there. Not people telling me not to be a professional without knowing my resume. I've thought it through and don't need to be condescended to.
I think he was referring to the other schools in Michigan. Trump's lawyer graduated from Cooley. Seriously don't go, your degree will basically be a meme.

Johnnybgoode92

Silver

Post by Johnnybgoode92 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:21 pm

When I get that big law job for IP in Detroit I'll post my LinkedIn here and we'll see if you still send that meme.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:21 pm

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:Not everyone who posts about TTTT law schools is trolling. Where else would we post to get some decent info on the schools we want to go to?
This is true and I sympathize with that(people mocked the TTT's and TTTT I applied to) but Cooley is actually famous among TTTT's for being an awful law school. For example they made a fake ranking system to put themselves at #2, these are things that make a school a meme.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Post by Gitaroo_Dude » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:22 pm

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:When I get that big law job for IP in Detroit I'll post my LinkedIn here and we'll see if you still send that meme.
A better troll wouldn't have petered out one page in. :lol:

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:22 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
Johnnybgoode92 wrote:I knew i wanted to practice in Michigan so didn't apply anywhere else and wouldn't waste my time with u Michigan.

I think he was referring to the other schools in Michigan. Trump's lawyer graduated from Cooley. Seriously don't go, your degree will basically be a meme.
True but I'm pretty certain OP is trolling lolol

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:24 pm

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:When I get that big law job for IP in Detroit I'll post my LinkedIn here and we'll see if you still send that meme.
this is a troll, definitely

/thread

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:24 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
Johnnybgoode92 wrote:Not everyone who posts about TTTT law schools is trolling. Where else would we post to get some decent info on the schools we want to go to?
This is true and I sympathize with that(people mocked the TTT's and TTTT I applied to) but Cooley is actually famous among TTTT's for being an awful law school. For example they made a fake ranking system to put themselves at #2, these are things that make a school a meme.
Come on, the schools you applied to are light years ahead of Cooley. Going to one of your schools (wouldn't even categorize them as TTTTs) is justifiable under the right circumstances but attending cooley has zero justification even with a full ride lol

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:25 pm

Detroit is hemorrhaging over 1/20th of their population a year, by the time you graduate the city will be considerably smaller and it will be that more difficult to find employment from the school with the worst reputation in the country(it probably isn't the worst school, the InfiLaw one's are worse but it certainly has the worse rep).

Johnnybgoode92

Silver

Post by Johnnybgoode92 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:25 pm

Im glad my classmates will have some humility unlike all of you. The idea of someone not going to a T14 with money must blow your snowflake minds

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:27 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
Come on, the schools you applied to are light years ahead of Cooley. Going to one of your schools (wouldn't even categorize them as TTTTs) is justifiable under the right circumstances but attending cooley has zero justification even with a full ride lol
I wasn't referring to my top choices I was referring to TTT's and a TTTT I applied to. Agreed about Cooley, it is a meme degree.

waldorf

Gold

Post by waldorf » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:28 pm

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:Im glad my classmates will have some humility unlike all of you. The idea of someone not going to a T14 with money must blow your snowflake minds
Oh my.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”