Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bigyellowjoint

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:02 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by bigyellowjoint » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:59 pm

Just got put on a summer waitlist... I could have sworn I removed myself from consideration in April. Anyone else?

User avatar
blelwoods

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by blelwoods » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:00 pm

asdfghjk2017 wrote:I just received the summer waitlist email but I will most likely withdraw my application.


Thank you for doing that. I received mine but will be riding it out until the wheels fall off. :wink: :lol:

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by proteinshake » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:39 pm

got the summer waitlist email as well.

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:19 pm

proteinshake wrote:got the summer waitlist email as well.
Tambien.

They give you a form about whether you want to remain and any hard deadline at which point you wouldn't consider it. They do seem to indicate they expect to have at least some WL activity.

User avatar
skurfy

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by skurfy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:59 pm

Also just received summer waitlist - didn't do the WL interview or send LOCI. Definitely thought I was getting cut. They said they've admitted 20-25% of their waitlist over past years in the DLDS.

*by just I mean at 3:45 in my promo folder

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
blelwoods

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by blelwoods » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:04 pm

Just read the FAQ Summer Waitlist section ....


Does being placed on the summer waitlist impact my ability to receive a scholarship?

At Northwestern Law, all grants and scholarships are determined based on a combination of merit and need-based factors and are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. At this point of the year, all scholarship funding has been allocated and it is unlikely that additional funds will become available; however, our Financial Aid Office can compile a loan profile package for you if you are admitted. Please visit our financial aid section for more information.

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

haley12

Silver
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by haley12 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Received and withdrew. Good luck everyone!

User avatar
blelwoods

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by blelwoods » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:08 pm

haley12 wrote:Received and withdrew. Good luck everyone!

Thank you!!! Where you heading?

haley12

Silver
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by haley12 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:41 am

blelwoods wrote:
haley12 wrote:Received and withdrew. Good luck everyone!

Thank you!!! Where you heading?
Michigan :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
sorence

Bronze
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by sorence » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:52 am

haley12 wrote:
blelwoods wrote:
haley12 wrote:Received and withdrew. Good luck everyone!

Thank you!!! Where you heading?
Michigan :)
I'm so glad that everything worked out for you! :)

Shangrilala

New
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:15 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by Shangrilala » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:27 am

Hi, sorry to jump in but...
the last day we can put is 28th Aug right?
Just wanna make sure...

orangejuice23

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:20 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by orangejuice23 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:11 am

Shangrilala wrote:Hi, sorry to jump in but...
the last day we can put is 28th Aug right?
Just wanna make sure...
Maybe the 21st? That's the start of orientation.

schmem

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:32 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by schmem » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:35 am

Did anyone not receive the summer waitlist email?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


User avatar
blelwoods

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by blelwoods » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:14 pm

schmem wrote:Did anyone not receive the summer waitlist email?

I was wondering the same thing! Did they ding anyone from the waitlist?

light_roast_covfefe

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:36 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by light_roast_covfefe » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:16 am

Any other news from the WL? Seems like most people reported receiving the summer waitlist email.

User avatar
LegallyBlackJD

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:11 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by LegallyBlackJD » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:41 pm

Spoke to someone in admissions who confirmed that the class is full and that there isn't any money left. Just FYI y'all. Person said that a spot will only open up if someone suddenly jumps ship.

StopLawying

Silver
Posts: 691
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by StopLawying » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:43 am

That sucks, what happened to the summer of big WL movement as predicted by Spivey? To me it seems like the opposite happened.

Very little, if any, movement at UChicago, Columbia, Michigan, UVA, and Cornell. WL activity at NYU seems lower than in previous years.

With little movement expected at Harvard, Columbia, and the rest of the T6 from this point on, I think it's pretty safe to say that there will be very little waitlist activity from the rest of the T14.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
blelwoods

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by blelwoods » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:26 pm

LegallyBlackJD wrote:Spoke to someone in admissions who confirmed that the class is full and that there isn't any money left. Just FYI y'all. Person said that a spot will only open up if someone suddenly jumps ship.


As my former student's used to say, "that's bogus" LOL

I guess I'll just to transfer haha

dyebri

Bronze
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by dyebri » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:34 am

blelwoods wrote:
LegallyBlackJD wrote:Spoke to someone in admissions who confirmed that the class is full and that there isn't any money left. Just FYI y'all. Person said that a spot will only open up if someone suddenly jumps ship.


As my former student's used to say, "that's bogus" LOL

I guess I'll just to transfer haha
same

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse

Diamond
Posts: 29296
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:42 am

dyebri wrote:
blelwoods wrote:
LegallyBlackJD wrote:Spoke to someone in admissions who confirmed that the class is full and that there isn't any money left. Just FYI y'all. Person said that a spot will only open up if someone suddenly jumps ship.


As my former student's used to say, "that's bogus" LOL

I guess I'll just to transfer haha
same
What happened to Yale, dyebri?

User avatar
88234

Bronze
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:02 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by 88234 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:34 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
dyebri wrote:
blelwoods wrote:
LegallyBlackJD wrote:Spoke to someone in admissions who confirmed that the class is full and that there isn't any money left. Just FYI y'all. Person said that a spot will only open up if someone suddenly jumps ship.


As my former student's used to say, "that's bogus" LOL

I guess I'll just to transfer haha
same
What happened to Yale, dyebri?
Do you have an alarm set for whenever this asshat posts or something?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:57 pm

All in favor of completely ignoring (not responding to or mentioning in any post) he who must not be named for the remainder of his tenure on this website, say aye!

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3760
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by chargers21 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:26 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:All in favor of completely ignoring (not responding to or mentioning in any post) he who must not be named for the remainder of his tenure on this website, say aye!
We should give him his own little thread to troll around in, but instead of actually being on TLS, it'll just be a Word document with a web address at the top like Creed Thoughts

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse

Diamond
Posts: 29296
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:41 pm

88234 wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
dyebri wrote:
blelwoods wrote:
LegallyBlackJD wrote:Spoke to someone in admissions who confirmed that the class is full and that there isn't any money left. Just FYI y'all. Person said that a spot will only open up if someone suddenly jumps ship.


As my former student's used to say, "that's bogus" LOL

I guess I'll just to transfer haha
same
What happened to Yale, dyebri?
Do you have an alarm set for whenever this asshat posts or something?
Nah, there are plenty of people here who help me out by reporting his posts.

lurqlurq

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:51 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by lurqlurq » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:42 am

Hi everyone!

Longtime lurker. I withdrew from Northwestern today, and hope my seat goes to one of you. Good luck, and don't give up. There is movement.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”