Waitlist Etiquette Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bcinr123

New

Waitlist Etiquette

Post by bcinr123 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:05 pm

I'm well aware that being waitlisted is part of the process, but I was wondering how to go about the months following your official waitlist status. I was recently waitlisted at University of Houston, and waiting until May to make official moves sounds dreadful. Quite frankly I'm not that patient though I have to be. If they've requested that you send a LOCI in may, should you only send one in May or is there anything against one earlier?

floatie

Silver

Re: Waitlist Etiquette

Post by floatie » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:03 am

bcinr123 wrote:I'm well aware that being waitlisted is part of the process, but I was wondering how to go about the months following your official waitlist status. I was recently waitlisted at University of Houston, and waiting until May to make official moves sounds dreadful. Quite frankly I'm not that patient though I have to be. If they've requested that you send a LOCI in may, should you only send one in May or is there anything against one earlier?
First and foremost, if they have any explicit instructions, follow them to a T. If the waitlist email specifies to send anything at a certain time, do that. If they specify to NOT do anything, DO NOT do that. If you have any questions about what types of materials they will or will not accept, you can always call the admissions office and ask. The general rule of thumb though, is that if you have any significant updates (basically, something that would warrant a substantive update to your resume), send them along. But you do not want to bother the admissions people and bombard them with information that doesn't matter.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”