University of Colorado Boulder C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
maddawg2020

New

Re: University of Colorado Boulder C/O 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Post by maddawg2020 » Mon May 01, 2017 1:28 pm

Dazim wrote:
maddawg2020 wrote:I was surprisingly priority wait listed.

From what I have gathered from previous years threads is there even a "regular" wait list?
Are you still on waitlist? Do yoy know how many students are o n wl?
I am still on the waitlist. I received the usual "Oh it depends" answer regarding how many get admitted off of the waitlist, and have no idea how many were priority and normal waitlisted. I am not faulting them, because I truly believe a school has no idea until students put down their deposits (and even that changes during the summer).

With the April 22nd deadline now past, I would imagine a few are getting calls? I was a reverse splitter so I am not holding my breath and am waiting on a prayer for any financial help. The longer I am working and not thinking about law school, the more I am leaning towards not attending at all. Too much literature suggests that the ROI is not worth is for a majority of people. I would likely have to take out loans to cover my mortgage and other small bills....ew.

mrhowardroark

New

Post by mrhowardroark » Tue May 16, 2017 12:13 am

Any priority waitlist-ers out there heard anything yet?! Has anyone been called in for an interview?

smow4029

New

Post by smow4029 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:17 pm

mrhowardroark wrote:Any priority waitlist-ers out there heard anything yet?! Has anyone been called in for an interview?
Been on the Priority WL since at least December and haven't heard anything since their second "we're working on things, stay tuned" email a couple months ago.

Dazim

New

Post by Dazim » Wed May 17, 2017 7:45 pm

smow4029 wrote:
mrhowardroark wrote:Any priority waitlist-ers out there heard anything yet?! Has anyone been called in for an interview?
Been on the Priority WL since at least December and haven't heard anything since their second "we're working on things, stay tuned" email

They have a deposit deadline this friday. We should have movement in the next 2 weeks.

dee1294

New

Post by dee1294 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:25 pm

Dazim wrote:
smow4029 wrote:
Been on the Priority WL since at least December and haven't heard anything since their second "we're working on things, stay tuned" email

They have a deposit deadline this friday. We should have movement in the next 2 weeks.
good god I've been priority waitlisted since 4/17 and i'm literally about to shoot myself how have you kept your cool since december lol

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jgoodwin10

New

Post by jgoodwin10 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:05 pm

Same here- been "priority waitlisted" since December. I don't know of many people on any "regular" waitlist, so I am a little suspicious, but still hoping! Good luck all!

nickles96

New

Post by nickles96 » Wed May 24, 2017 2:38 pm

We hope you are having a great summer! We want to take this opportunity to update you.

We just passed a major deposit deadline, and we are currently over-enrolled. That said, we are still happy to have you remain on our waitlist. There can still be movement on the waitlist during the summer. During this time period, our Admissions Committee will be meeting regularly to assess our needs and make any necessary adjustments.

As a reminder, if we are able to extend to you an offer of admission, we will notify you via email. To ensure that you receive all communications from us, we ask that you keep our office informed of any changes to your contact information by sending an email to law.admissions@colorado.edu. We would also like to know if your plans change and you no longer wish to remain on the waitlist.

If you are a 2017 graduate, please make sure that LSAC has the most current transcript(s) on file to ensure we are capturing the correct GPA(s) and showing conferral of your degree(s). We understand many of you are still finalizing your undergraduate degrees over the summer.

In closing, we would be honored to have you as a member of our incoming class. However, we are still unsure if we will have space available. Thank you for your continued interest.

Warm regards,
Office of Admissions

Dazim

New

Post by Dazim » Wed May 24, 2017 2:54 pm

nickles96 wrote:We hope you are having a great summer! We want to take this opportunity to update you.

We just passed a major deposit deadline, and we are currently over-enrolled. That said, we are still happy to have you remain on our waitlist. There can still be movement on the waitlist during the summer. During this time period, our Admissions Committee will be meeting regularly to assess our needs and make any necessary adjustments.

As a reminder, if we are able to extend to you an offer of admission, we will notify you via email. To ensure that you receive all communications from us, we ask that you keep our office informed of any changes to your contact information by sending an email to law.admissions@colorado.edu. We would also like to know if your plans change and you no longer wish to remain on the waitlist.

If you are a 2017 graduate, please make sure that LSAC has the most current transcript(s) on file to ensure we are capturing the correct GPA(s) and showing conferral of your degree(s). We understand many of you are still finalizing your undergraduate degrees over the summer.

In closing, we would be honored to have you as a member of our incoming class. However, we are still unsure if we will have space available. Thank you for your continued interest.

Warm regards,
Office of Admissions

just got the same email... does it mean everyone paid their deposite and there is no more room?

Dazim

New

Post by Dazim » Wed May 24, 2017 2:55 pm

jgoodwin10 wrote:Same here- been "priority waitlisted" since December. I don't know of many people on any "regular" waitlist, so I am a little suspicious, but still hoping! Good luck all!

same have a feeling the majority are priority waitlist...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nickles96

New

Post by nickles96 » Wed May 24, 2017 3:14 pm

Dazim wrote:

just got the same email... does it mean everyone paid their deposite and there is no more room?

Yes, they've received all their deposits, and the class is overbooked. so now, to get off the wailist, deposited people would need to withdrawal so a seat can open up.

chances are slim to none now, my friends...

smow4029

New

Post by smow4029 » Fri May 26, 2017 4:14 pm

Hardly surprising. Colorado is one of the most appealing places to live in the country, IMO, and based on the experience of a friend out there it seems like the legal market hasn't *yet* been oversaturated to the point where folks are unable to find work. Officially withdrew after that last email. Good luck to those who decide to wait it out!

SolRs

New

Post by SolRs » Mon May 29, 2017 1:44 pm

Another downside of being overenrolled - less scholarship money for the coming years. Eek!

TripleM

Bronze

Post by TripleM » Wed May 31, 2017 11:18 am

smow4029 wrote:Hardly surprising. Colorado is one of the most appealing places to live in the country, IMO, and based on the experience of a friend out there it seems like the legal market hasn't *yet* been oversaturated to the point where folks are unable to find work. Officially withdrew after that last email. Good luck to those who decide to wait it out!
Definitely developed into a hot place to live. That's actually been creating a bit of an issue for local grads. There are a lot of T14 folks looking to move here after school and so local grads are now competing with HYS and CCN grads, which wasn't as much the case a decade ago. That said, both the local law schools have a really strong local networks and do really well in the Colorado universe. Anyone looking work in Colorado would be well served by either CU or DU. While I don't claim any understanding of the opaque ranking system, I believe that CU will continue to rise in the rankings.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nickles96

New

Post by nickles96 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:14 pm

Just got the email.

The Admissions Committee for The University of Colorado Law School has carefully considered your application for admission for the fall of 2017 entering class. At this time, our incoming class is full, and I am sorry to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission from the waitlist.

Best of luck to all of you still waiting. May you succeed in whichever path you take!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”