Univeristy of Baltimore School of Law Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thelawschooltest

New

Univeristy of Baltimore School of Law

Post by thelawschooltest » Sun May 15, 2016 10:03 am

Last edited by thelawschooltest on Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James.K.Polk

Silver

Re: ACCEPTED: Univeristy of Baltimore School of Law

Post by James.K.Polk » Sun May 15, 2016 10:48 am

Well, I can see it out my window.... it's a cool looking building. You're going to save a good deal of money by moving up here instead of living and commuting in DC. Baltimore - even the Mt. Vernon / Charles Village neighborhoods closest to the law school - are considerably cheaper than DC.

Cosine12

New

Post by Cosine12 » Sun May 15, 2016 11:28 am

Seconding what Polk said - great building, just built recently so everything's still pretty new, LEED certified and all that. I went to UB for a grad program and found myself in the new law building a couple of times, also took the LSAT there. Moving up to Baltimore will drastically cut your COA - Mt. Vernon is a fantastic neighborhood to live in (I've been here for 5 years), it's close to downtown, an up-and-coming arts neighborhood is just to the north, and it's probably one of the safest neighborhoods you'll find in town. A somewhat cheaper option is Charles Village, which is several blocks north of the school and just a little "grittier", but still relatively safe. If you have any questions about Baltimore I'm happy to answer the best I can - I truly love this town and am happy to rep positively for it! Oh, and I'll be starting at U of MD downtown in the fall - welcome to school in Baltimore!

alohalaw

New

Post by alohalaw » Mon May 16, 2016 1:24 pm

James.K.Polk wrote:Well, I can see it out my window.... it's a cool looking building. You're going to save a good deal of money by moving up here instead of living and commuting in DC. Baltimore - even the Mt. Vernon / Charles Village neighborhoods closest to the law school - are considerably cheaper than DC.
I can see it from my window as well! Love the building, and I think anyone looking to practice in Maryland will do well at the school.

James.K.Polk

Silver

Post by James.K.Polk » Mon May 16, 2016 1:30 pm

alohalaw wrote:
James.K.Polk wrote:Well, I can see it out my window.... it's a cool looking building. You're going to save a good deal of money by moving up here instead of living and commuting in DC. Baltimore - even the Mt. Vernon / Charles Village neighborhoods closest to the law school - are considerably cheaper than DC.
I can see it from my window as well! Love the building, and I think anyone looking to practice in Maryland will do well at the school.
Mount Vernon is well-represented on TLS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shootin

New

Post by Shootin » Tue May 17, 2016 3:05 pm

I used to live right next to it too :roll:

That MARC train commute though.. I used to live in Baltimore and commute to DC. Really not a pleasant experience. The train gets delayed and crowded and tiring to ride 2+ hours/day. And still costs like $220/mo? So not a bargain in my book. Unless maybe if you could study during that time it could be decent I suppose. It will probably be best for you to attend a school in DC.

Also, school haven't even started yet and you're already aiming to transfer? Transferring can be hard and there is a good chance you will not be able to do it. Something to keep in mind. Might be easier to just do better on the LSAT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”