University of Chicago Waitlist c/o 2019 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
oliverotis

Bronze

Re: University of Chicago Waitlist c/o 2019

Post by oliverotis » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:48 pm

calgoldenbear wrote:Any of you on here attending Northwestern but hoping to get off this waitlist? I would think Chicago has a stronger pull on taking admits from Northwestern because of location, so just wondering.
I think this is misguided. CN will have sway because they're direct competitors. Chi is so far above NW in the rankings, they probably aren't interested in pulling committed NW students.

Eta typo

landshoes

Silver

Post by landshoes » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:28 pm

oliverotis wrote:
calgoldenbear wrote:Any of you on here attending Northwestern but hoping to get off this waitlist? I would think Chicago has a stronger pull on taking admits from Northwestern because of location, so just wondering.
I think this is misguided. CN will have sway because they're direct competitors. Chi is so far above NW in the rankings, they probably aren't interested in pulling committed NW students.

Eta typo
It happened last year.

oliverotis

Bronze

Post by oliverotis » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:27 am

landshoes wrote:
oliverotis wrote:

Eta typo
It happened last year.
One counterexample doesn't change anything. I bet they pulled a few students who were committed at GULC and Cornell, too. The issue is whether they're pulling NW-bound students disproportionately, and my instinct is still that there's no reason to believe they are.

landshoes

Silver

Post by landshoes » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:53 am

oliverotis wrote:
landshoes wrote:
oliverotis wrote:

Eta typo
It happened last year.
One counterexample doesn't change anything. I bet they pulled a few students who were committed at GULC and Cornell, too. The issue is whether they're pulling NW-bound students disproportionately, and my instinct is still that there's no reason to believe they are.
You said they weren't interested; that's what I addressed. I don't want people to get the wrong idea.

Good luck with the waitlist, all.

PantoroB

New

Post by PantoroB » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:06 am

Any news from anyone?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jpmk

New

Post by jpmk » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:26 pm

bellazhan2015 wrote:Any calling waitlisters for interviews :?:
I'll take it you were put on waitlist w/o an interview? If that's the case, when were ya put on?

jessuan

New

Post by jessuan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:11 am

Anyone hear anything? I called on Wednesday (7/20) and they said they would notify within two weeks, but it looks like someone called earlier and they told them the same thing, yet I've heard nothing

BananaSplit626

New

Post by BananaSplit626 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:23 pm

jessuan wrote:Anyone hear anything? I called on Wednesday (7/20) and they said they would notify within two weeks, but it looks like someone called earlier and they told them the same thing, yet I've heard nothing
Silence. The pessimist/realist in me says the class is full/slightly overbooked... Hopefully I'm wrong

jpmk

New

Post by jpmk » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:42 pm

BananaSplit626 wrote:
jessuan wrote:Anyone hear anything? I called on Wednesday (7/20) and they said they would notify within two weeks, but it looks like someone called earlier and they told them the same thing, yet I've heard nothing
Silence. The pessimist/realist in me says the class is full/slightly overbooked... Hopefully I'm wrong
Yeah I feel like they're oversubscribed. It might be wise, for me at least, to explore different options at this point.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

robidizzle

New

Post by robidizzle » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:11 pm

Just got an email with a form to fill if I was still interested, deadline to fill it is August 12. They said the waitlist will be active through the first days of classes in late September. Is this a "feeler" email? Anyone else get one/ should I get my hopes up?

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:16 pm

robidizzle wrote:Just got an email with a form to fill if I was still interested, deadline to fill it is August 12. They said the waitlist will be active through the first days of classes in late September. Is this a "feeler" email? Anyone else get one/ should I get my hopes up?

I received the email as well.

jpmk

New

Post by jpmk » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:38 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
robidizzle wrote:Just got an email with a form to fill if I was still interested, deadline to fill it is August 12. They said the waitlist will be active through the first days of classes in late September. Is this a "feeler" email? Anyone else get one/ should I get my hopes up?

I can say in utmost confidence it's a generic email sent to EVERY applicant they've thrown on the waitlist this cycle (that hasn't already withdrawn). The AddComm probably wants to distill the exact number of applicants they'll have sitting on the waitlist at this point in the cycle. Would caution you not to get excited lol

robidizzle

New

Post by robidizzle » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:50 pm

jpmk wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:

I can say in utmost confidence it's a generic email sent to EVERY applicant they've thrown on the waitlist this cycle (that hasn't already withdrawn). The AddComm probably wants to distill the exact number of applicants they'll have sitting on the waitlist at this point in the cycle. Would caution you not to get excited lol
Lol figured as much! Either way good luck everyone, especially those that're gonna ride it out till late september :shock:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jessuan

New

Post by jessuan » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:26 am

How many people are planning on staying on the waitlist? Do you think this means that they actually will be offering spots to people?

Loney M. Setnick

Bronze

Post by Loney M. Setnick » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:02 am

jessuan wrote:How many people are planning on staying on the waitlist? Do you think this means that they actually will be offering spots to people?
I'm not. I had to commit to another school on Monday :/

jpmk

New

Post by jpmk » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:17 am

Loney M. Setnick wrote:
jessuan wrote:How many people are planning on staying on the waitlist? Do you think this means that they actually will be offering spots to people?
I'm not. I had to commit to another school on Monday :/

I'm making alternative plans. Realistically, given the time in the cycle, it a slim to none chance any miracles are gunna happen lol. And if they're already oversubscribed, they have no plans of admitting any of us-- this survey again is just for their own evaluative purposes.

pittsburghpirates

Silver

Post by pittsburghpirates » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:58 am

Gonna withdraw from the WL. Best of luck to all those riding it out!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

applicationlife

New

Post by applicationlife » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:55 am

Just wanted to give others waiting some hope. Got a call from Dean Perry last week, and I am in! It really helps that Chicago is on the quarter system. Here's to another month of summer! 8)

landshoes

Silver

Post by landshoes » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:42 am

applicationlife wrote:Just wanted to give others waiting some hope. Got a call from Dean Perry last week, and I am in! It really helps that Chicago is on the quarter system. Here's to another month of summer! 8)
Congrats!!

jpmk

New

Post by jpmk » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:25 pm

applicationlife wrote:Just wanted to give others waiting some hope. Got a call from Dean Perry last week, and I am in! It really helps that Chicago is on the quarter system. Here's to another month of summer! 8)
Wow big congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Loney M. Setnick

Bronze

Post by Loney M. Setnick » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:06 pm

jpmk wrote:
+1 I'm also curious about your stats

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

applicationlife

New

Post by applicationlife » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:53 pm

Loney M. Setnick wrote:
jpmk wrote:
Reverse Splitter
Above 75th percentile for GPA
Between 25th and median for LSAT

BananaSplit626

New

Post by BananaSplit626 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:00 pm

applicationlife wrote:
Loney M. Setnick wrote:
jpmk wrote:
Reverse Splitter
Did you interview? If so, was it recently or earlier in the cycle?

applicationlife

New

Post by applicationlife » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:42 am

BananaSplit626 wrote:
applicationlife wrote:
Loney M. Setnick wrote:
jpmk wrote:
Reverse Splitter
Interviewed in February.

BananaSplit626

New

Post by BananaSplit626 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:37 am

applicationlife wrote:
BananaSplit626 wrote:
applicationlife wrote:
Loney M. Setnick wrote:
jpmk wrote:
Reverse Splitter
Interviewed in February.
Thanks, congrats again

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”