WUSTL vs W&L vs CWRU Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Archibald

New

WUSTL vs W&L vs CWRU

Post by Archibald » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:33 am

10k at WUSTL
30k at Washington and Lee
40k at Case Western

Some other things to consider, but just looking for thoughts on these three choices at face value...

Thanks.

lymenheimer

Gold

Re: WUSTL vs W&L vs CWRU

Post by lymenheimer » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:46 am

First, it's frowned upon to double post. Second, you will likely get a better response in the Choosing a Law School sub-forum. Third, before you repost this there, you should read the thread that is stickied at the top of that sub-forum and answer all of the questions.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=206299

Shootin

New

Post by Shootin » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 am

Archibald wrote:10k at WUSTL
40k at Case Western

Some other things to consider, but just looking for thoughts on these three choices at face value...

Thanks.

I would probably mainly focus between WUSTL and case western. Probably is not much difference between W&L and case western, so I would go with more scholarship money in that case (case western). In terms of case western vs WUSTL, well, if you got no other loans WUSTL could be something to consider. But really, WUSTL is not really an awesome employment powerhouse, so case western is probably a more correct, logical choice here. But if you are into "All or nothing" type of thing, then WUSTL is the way to go because you have more opportunities to get top jobs. But if you miss that opportunity, you will have tons of debt with a similar job that you would get from case western.

Disclaimer: I am not really familiar with W&L and case western, so I might be off with some things here.

WinterComing

Silver

Post by WinterComing » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:31 am

What do you want to do with your degree? What are your stats? This seems like a retake situation, but it's hard to tell unless you give us more information.

And yeah, this belongs in the choosing forum. The people who are actually qualified to give you advise don't hang around these parts.

Archibald

New

Post by Archibald » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:13 am

Shootin wrote:
Archibald wrote:10k at WUSTL
40k at Case Western

Thanks.

I would probably mainly focus between WUSTL and case western. Probably is not much difference between W&L and case western, so I would go with more scholarship money in that case (case western). In terms of case western vs WUSTL, well, if you got no other loans WUSTL could be something to consider. But really, WUSTL is not really an awesome employment powerhouse, so case western is probably a more correct, logical choice here. But if you are into "All or nothing" type of thing, then WUSTL is the way to go because you have more opportunities to get top jobs. But if you miss that opportunity, you will have tons of debt with a similar job that you would get from case western.

Disclaimer: I am not really familiar with W&L and case western, so I might be off with some things here.
Makes sense. Thanks for responding. No other loans and would have some help but WUSTL with a total debt of $250k+ does seem tough to justify i think...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Archibald

New

Post by Archibald » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:21 am

lymenheimer wrote:First, it's frowned upon to double post. Second, you will likely get a better response in the Choosing a Law School sub-forum. Third, before you repost this there, you should read the thread that is stickied at the top of that sub-forum and answer all of the questions.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=206299
sorry for the double post. thanks for responding

Shootin

New

Post by Shootin » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:01 pm

WinterComing wrote:What do you want to do with your degree? What are your stats? This seems like a retake situation, but it's hard to tell unless you give us more information.

And yeah, this belongs in the choosing forum. The people who are actually qualified to give you advise don't hang around these parts.

That's hilarious.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”