Withdrawing from schools Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Topszn

Bronze

Withdrawing from schools

Post by Topszn » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:04 pm

Apologies if this has been asked before - I tried searching, couldn't find an answer.

With regards to withdrawing from schools, do you just email the relevant admissions@_______.edu with a 'Dear Dean...', or 'Dear Admissions Committee'? Not sure who to address it too.

Also, is it generally just "thanks for the opportunity, but no thanks" type thing? Do I need to tell them which school I am attending?

edditb

Bronze

Re: Withdrawing from schools

Post by edditb » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:18 pm

Topszn wrote:Apologies if this has been asked before - I tried searching, couldn't find an answer.

With regards to withdrawing from schools, do you just email the relevant admissions@_______.edu with a 'Dear Dean...', or 'Dear Admissions Committee'? Not sure who to address it too.

Also, is it generally just "thanks for the opportunity, but no thanks" type thing? Do I need to tell them which school I am attending?
I basically went for exactly that and just got a nice response confirming the withdrawal and wishing me luck. Can't go wrong with politeness on this one I think! And I addressed it to the admissions email.

Topszn

Bronze

Re: Withdrawing from schools

Post by Topszn » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:20 pm

edditb wrote:
Topszn wrote:Apologies if this has been asked before - I tried searching, couldn't find an answer.

I basically went for exactly that and just got a nice response confirming the withdrawal and wishing me luck. Can't go wrong with politeness on this one I think! And I addressed it to the admissions email.
Nice one, thank you!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”