JD/MBA Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Sherlock1122

New

JD/MBA

Post by Sherlock1122 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:13 am

I'd like to pursue a JD/MBA from a top 10 school. I had a 3.9 undergrad, great leadership extracurriculars, and approx 2 years of corporate work experience. I am studying for the GMAT now and hope to score in a range to make me a competitive candidate. I heard a horror story of a student who planned to do the same, scored a near perfect GMAT score, and was rejected from the business school after his 1L year b/c he didn't have enough work experience. Does anyone know more about this process? I was always under the impression that the schools would work with you to make it happen assuming you had the stats. Earning both a JD/MBA is extremely important to me (please no lectures on why it is a waste to get both) Any insight is appreciated.

benwyatt

Platinum

Re: JD/MBA

Post by benwyatt » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:17 am

Wrong forum.
You're more likely to get help on the admissions forum but even there you're asking more about business school so you might get nothing.

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:19 am

Considering you have to apply to be admitted to the programs separately (usually), I'm not sure why you would be rejected after 1L year rather than when you first apply, unless you are not applying until after 1L year, in which case, can't really do much about it...Unless you do MBA later.

BirdLawExpert

Gold

Post by BirdLawExpert » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:27 am

This isn't the best place to ask this question, since this area of the site is for discussing the results of our submitted applications and waiting for those results. I suggest either the general "Law School Admissions Forum", "Law School FAQ", or "Ask a Law Student/Graduate".

Most of us here aren't in law school yet, so we simply don't have as much information as you'll get in other places. Best of luck finding an answer!

Sherlock1122

New

Post by Sherlock1122 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:36 am

Thanks guys I moved it. Any idea how I can delete the post from this forum now?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:38 am

You can't, but I'll lock it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”