FSU College of Law 2019 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MiamiHeat3

Bronze

Re: FSU College of Law 2019 Applicants

Post by MiamiHeat3 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:52 pm

FSUHopeful wrote:I know. Waiting list for UF though? Makes no sense.
Idk if you would know, but does a deposit fee usually pop up for FSU admitted students instantaneously?

FSUHopeful

Bronze

Post by FSUHopeful » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:20 pm

MiamiHeat3 wrote:
Idk if you would know, but does a deposit fee usually pop up for FSU admitted students instantaneously?

Not sure. LSU did for me a couple of cycles ago. This was my dream school since I was 7. Lots of my family attended, mom and dad met there. I was hoping my stats were good enough. Guess not. Tough for me to take.

MiamiHeat3

Bronze

Post by MiamiHeat3 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:29 pm

FSUHopeful wrote:
MiamiHeat3 wrote:

Not sure. LSU did for me a couple of cycles ago. This was my dream school since I was 7. Lots of my family attended, mom and dad met there. I was hoping my stats were good enough. Guess not. Tough for me to take.
Yeah, I totally feels ya. I saw a poster on last year's cycle who said they got their admission through mail. I'm still hoping, but know my chances have been greatly diminished. I would imagine they would only call students who would raise their number.

FSUHopeful

Bronze

Post by FSUHopeful » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:33 pm

MiamiHeat3 wrote:
FSUHopeful wrote:
MiamiHeat3 wrote:

Yeah, I totally feels ya. I saw a poster on last year's cycle who said they got their admission through mail. I'm still hoping, but know my chances have been greatly diminished. I would imagine they would only call students who would raise their number.
At this point, I'd take a wait list! I know I've said before but UF wait listed me and FSU most likely rejected? That makes NO sense. Got into Stetson today as well with only 5 k. Still waiting on FIU.

MiamiHeat3

Bronze

Post by MiamiHeat3 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:36 pm

FSUHopeful wrote:
MiamiHeat3 wrote:
FSUHopeful wrote:
MiamiHeat3 wrote:

At this point, I'd take a wait list! I know I've said before but UF wait listed me and FSU most likely rejected? That makes NO sense. Got into Stetson today as well with only 5 k. Still waiting on FIU.
FIU is taking their sweet time, at this point they're the only school I'm waiting on. But, best of luck to ya and remember an institution won't make or break you, only you can do that!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FSUHopeful

Bronze

Post by FSUHopeful » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:40 pm

MiamiHeat3 wrote:
FSUHopeful wrote:
MiamiHeat3 wrote:
FSUHopeful wrote:
MiamiHeat3 wrote:

FIU is taking their sweet time, at this point they're the only school I'm waiting on. But, best of luck to ya and remember an institution won't make or break you, only you can do that!
Appreciate it. Need it today. I'm a non trad student. 39 year old elem school teacher with a family. Only so much time I have to study for the LSAT. Raised from 152 twice to 155.. Kinda uneven competing with all these "kids" lol

FSUHopeful

Bronze

Post by FSUHopeful » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:49 am

I got "decision made. Mail sent". That's a ding for FSU, correct? It was two cycles ago when I applied.

MiamiHeat3

Bronze

Post by MiamiHeat3 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:28 am

FSUHopeful wrote:I got "decision made. Mail sent". That's a ding for FSU, correct? It was two cycles ago when I applied.
I still have "decision made. Will arrive by mail", did yours change to mail sent?

FSUHopeful

Bronze

Post by FSUHopeful » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:42 pm

I have the same. I stand corrected.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dividebyzero9

New

Post by dividebyzero9 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:57 am

Went complete 1/14 and I still have not had any movement!

pillowsoftcurls

New

Post by pillowsoftcurls » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:03 am

dividebyzero9 wrote:Went complete 1/14 and I still have not had any movement!
Same. Still at app complete

PearsonSpecter614

New

Post by PearsonSpecter614 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:59 am

pillowsoftcurls wrote:
Same! I think this is insane; it's been basically more than 3 months at this point. Is anyone experiencing something like this at other schools they applied to?

espmma

New

Post by espmma » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:18 pm

PearsonSpecter614 wrote:
pillowsoftcurls wrote:
Same! I think this is insane; it's been basically more than 3 months at this point. Is anyone experiencing something like this at other schools they applied to?
Yeah I haven't moved since my app went complete as well. Man, I'd like to at least know if I'm being waitlisted. I haven't had any movement from FIU either though.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ufsplit

New

Post by ufsplit » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:21 pm

Whoever is still waiting on a decision should try their best to go visit the school. I hadn't heard anything from fsu until I went and visited. A week later I was accepted with 50% on top of in state tuition. I am withdrawing my app from them this week, so hopefully that will help out some of you who are still waiting.

pillowsoftcurls

New

Post by pillowsoftcurls » Mon May 02, 2016 3:45 pm

Has anyone had any movement? The heading at the top of mine went away and the date disappeared, but it still says app complete.

pillowsoftcurls

New

Post by pillowsoftcurls » Tue May 03, 2016 11:16 am

Update: Got the acceptance phone call today

dividebyzero9

New

Post by dividebyzero9 » Tue May 03, 2016 6:09 pm

Ugh I've still gotten nothing, no movement whatsoever!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pillowsoftcurls

New

Post by pillowsoftcurls » Wed May 04, 2016 6:05 am

dividebyzero9 wrote:Ugh I've still gotten nothing, no movement whatsoever!
Hang in there. I think someone said all decisions will be made by May 15. That's when my seat deposit is due. Is FSU your top choice?

espmma

New

Post by espmma » Mon May 09, 2016 1:31 pm

Just received a wait list offer email on 5/6. Any advice on statement of continued interest?

PearsonSpecter614

New

Post by PearsonSpecter614 » Fri May 13, 2016 6:41 pm

Still haven't received an answer or reply. No movement since I went complete on 2/10. Anyone else in the same boat?

atlhomie16

New

Post by atlhomie16 » Mon May 16, 2016 1:28 pm

I applied super late in the cycle (went complete mid April) and haven't seen any movement either. Guess all we can do at this juncture is keep each other updated on any semblance of a decision wave rolling out.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PearsonSpecter614

New

Post by PearsonSpecter614 » Tue May 24, 2016 2:11 am

Got an email asking if I wanted to place myself on the waitlist. I'm kind of surprised tbh. But I went ahead and did it.

atlhomie16

New

Post by atlhomie16 » Wed May 25, 2016 12:03 pm

Did anyone receive an admission letter through mail only? Or is any "Decision made and mailed" a ding?

lawdawg4

New

Post by lawdawg4 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:07 am

atlhomie16 wrote:Did anyone receive an admission letter through mail only? Or is any "Decision made and mailed" a ding?
I've had that for almost 2 months and still haven't received a letter in the mail. I got into my second choice with money so I didn't bother calling to find out the deal. I assumed it was a ding.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”