Seton Hall c/o 2019 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tu2009

New

Seton Hall c/o 2019 Applicants

Post by tu2009 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:05 pm

Applied 11/15. Application acknowledged 11/16

easypeel

New

Re: Seton Hall c/o 2019 Applicants

Post by easypeel » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:42 pm

File has been in review since 10/28.

dony_tanza

Bronze

Post by dony_tanza » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:06 am

Accepted today! Online status checker says "Decision Rendered" and "Admission Granted. Offer sent via mail." Haven't received the letter yet though.

lawandorder2019

Bronze

Post by lawandorder2019 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:15 am

Accepted today via status checker.

Kk11

New

Post by Kk11 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:38 pm

Hi guys! Congrats to those who were accepted. Would you guys mind posting your numbers and the date you applied?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dony_tanza

Bronze

Post by dony_tanza » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:20 pm

Kk11 wrote:Hi guys! Congrats to those who were accepted. Would you guys mind posting your numbers and the date you applied?
163, 3.83, Applied 10/27

TaylorNotSoSwift

New

Post by TaylorNotSoSwift » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:05 pm

App submitted 11/30, In review 11/3!

heyimliz

New

Post by heyimliz » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:47 pm

Accepted 11/30 via status checker, never received an email

dony_tanza

Bronze

Post by dony_tanza » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:29 pm

Just got my letter in the mail, with scholly info.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tu2009

New

Post by tu2009 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:28 pm

Didn't receive a phone call, status update or email but I did get a packet in the mail yesterday! 35k scholarship. Anyone accepted thinking of attending a visit?

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:45 pm

Received a 75% scholarship. Anyone else put off by the high number of state-level clerkships? I'm going to contact the school to see if they can give me some more info. My boss was very leery about that type of placement and I can't find much positive info about it. Anyone else looked into it further?

dmp1323

New

Post by dmp1323 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:36 pm

Got in with a distinguished scholars scholarship, definitely put them back on my list. Any ideas when the asw is?

bnssweeney

Bronze

Post by bnssweeney » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:44 pm

In today with 15k/year. Good luck to everyone else!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

simonjones

New

Post by simonjones » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:37 pm

guybourdin wrote:Received a 75% scholarship. Anyone else put off by the high number of state-level clerkships? I'm going to contact the school to see if they can give me some more info. My boss was very leery about that type of placement and I can't find much positive info about it. Anyone else looked into it further?

bourdin, can you post when you get this info? I'm actually really curious regarding mentioned issue. :D :lol:

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:32 pm

simonjones wrote:
guybourdin wrote:Received a 75% scholarship. Anyone else put off by the high number of state-level clerkships? I'm going to contact the school to see if they can give me some more info. My boss was very leery about that type of placement and I can't find much positive info about it. Anyone else looked into it further?

bourdin, can you post when you get this info? I'm actually really curious regarding mentioned issue. :D :lol:
I contacted the admissions office that day (I think; maybe the following). They said they would put together some contact info for me (inc recent alum who ended up with those positions and career services) in the next few days. Still haven't heard back from them... I think that high placement is a little too scary for me and unfortunate they haven't reached back out yet. I'll make sure to let you know if they do!

dony_tanza

Bronze

Post by dony_tanza » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:18 am

Is anyone going to the admitted students event today?

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:09 pm

simonjones wrote:

this is really more of a NJ thing, pretty much all the judges in NJ take students as their clerks for a year, and apparently a lot of employers require a year of clerking so it really isn't much to base things off of. Though Seton Hall does claim on their site that they track their grads and that 98% are employed after their clerkships, however it is soley based on their comments that they keep track of their students themselves. It said the % was based off of hearing back from 114 of 115 grads that had a clerkship or something like that

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:13 pm

Still nothing from the school. The concern is they keep track of the grads but not in a way nearly as helpful as the 509 reports. Specifically, they say a huge percent are in private practice, but they don't break that down into size of the firm. Could be a bunch of 2-10 person firms of even solo, so it's not super helpful.

I would just like more info. State supreme court or appeals would be more attractive than small claims...the info they put out is too vague for me right now. I'm hopeful they give me some good info because the school is pretty attractive to me.

dmp1323

New

Post by dmp1323 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:30 pm

guybourdin wrote:Still nothing from the school. The concern is they keep track of the grads but not in a way nearly as helpful as the 509 reports. Specifically, they say a huge percent are in private practice, but they don't break that down into size of the firm. Could be a bunch of 2-10 person firms of even solo, so it's not super helpful.

I would just like more info. State supreme court or appeals would be more attractive than small claims...the info they put out is too vague for me right now. I'm hopeful they give me some good info because the school is pretty attractive to me.
http://www.lstscorereports.com/schools/ ... more/2013/

This will have a little more info youre looking for

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:41 pm

dmp1323 wrote:
guybourdin wrote:Still nothing from the school. The concern is they keep track of the grads but not in a way nearly as helpful as the 509 reports. Specifically, they say a huge percent are in private practice, but they don't break that down into size of the firm. Could be a bunch of 2-10 person firms of even solo, so it's not super helpful.

That doesn't have any of the info I'm looking for. They say they keep track of what students do post-clerkship - see: http://law.shu.edu/admissions_includes/ ... p-2013.jpg - but the numbers they post are vague. That is: what size firms are they going to after their clerkships? What percentage of government jobs require bar passage?

dmp1323

New

Post by dmp1323 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:00 am

guybourdin wrote:
dmp1323 wrote:

That doesn't have any of the info I'm looking for. They say they keep track of what students do post-clerkship - see: http://law.shu.edu/admissions_includes/ ... p-2013.jpg - but the numbers they post are vague. That is: what size firms are they going to after their clerkships? What percentage of government jobs require bar passage?
Percentage of govt jobs that require bar passage is there, as is the breakdown of law firms (small, medium, and large) which you mentioned earlier. It just doesnt mention clerkships. If clerkships was all you were looking for then i misunderstood, sorry!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:01 am

dmp1323 wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
dmp1323 wrote:

Percentage of govt jobs that require bar passage is there, as is the breakdown of law firms (small, medium, and large) which you mentioned earlier. It just doesn't mention clerkships. If clerkships was all you were looking for then i misunderstood, sorry!
That really shows mostly grad's and their stats, so each graduating class separately and just that year/9 months w.e it is after graduating. The thing in question is what comes next. A lot of students that graduate SHU (and prob Rutgers id imagine) go have clerkships for a year after graduating so the employment numbers a year out of graduating don't mean all that much, what matters is how many of those people out of their clerkships get real jd jobs and what type of jobs those are... which isn't broken down anywhere, SHU just tells us that 98% of those graduates have jobs after their clerkship

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:10 pm

dmp1323 wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
dmp1323 wrote:

Percentage of govt jobs that require bar passage is there, as is the breakdown of law firms (small, medium, and large) which you mentioned earlier. It just doesnt mention clerkships. If clerkships was all you were looking for then i misunderstood, sorry!
Did you look at the link I posted? SH says the keep track of what their students do post-clerkship and posts those numbers, but they post them in a manner that is vague to the point of being scary. Almost 20% in government work but doesn't say what percentage require jd. 60-odd% in private practice but that could be ALL solo and it would still be "accurate".

Thing is, the info they provide they aren't required to provide, so they can provide it in whatever format they want to. You can accept it for what it is, but I question it. It's a simple question - you cant answer it, but I am hopeful they will.

tezzeret

Bronze

Post by tezzeret » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:47 am

How often do they update the status checker? My status checker has been listed as file incomplete since the beginning of the month(transcript wasn't up to date) but the update was submitted over a week ago as was an email I sent notifying them that updated transcript was received/processed (on 1/21) by lsac.

joe29

New

Post by joe29 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:22 pm

Quick question about scholarship info. Does that come at the time of acceptance (email/status checker) or only in the letter? Thanks!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”