Notre Dame c/o 2019 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Are you going to Admitted Students Weekend (March 18-19)?

Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes: 34

Smallville

Gold

Re: Notre Dame c/o 2019 Applicants

Post by Smallville » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:33 am

yeah I just talked to Clover, apparently they're going to be renovating a bunch of the units this summer, putting in new counter tops and stuff, not sure the exact extent of them tho.

sjp200

Bronze

Post by sjp200 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:42 am

bluefish91 wrote:
sjp200 wrote:I was looking at Irish Row/flats. I saw village was basically where they trap people into getting a cheap room that may as well be if you're REALLY looking for the minimum.

Anyone have thoughts on this? The website says they also offer 10 month leases so this looks perfect for someone like me (and maybe smallville if he's still interested) coming from way over yonder on the east coast. It being furnished and all. Plus Fischer having only twin extra long beds is kind of annoying.

http://irishrowapartments.com/ancillary/faqs

http://ndoffcampus.com/student-housing/ ... ments.html
Had friends in undergrad who lived at Irish Row and it's super nice. I do remember it getting pretty rowdy/loud during senior week and random other "celebratory" times of the year. Lots of undergrads.
I just saw they accept rent by credit card so that is also kind of nice. If the prices I saw were correct, then a 10 month lease would be 7580, I get 2% cash back on all with a citi card so that's $151.60 back which isn't bad at all considering all utilities are included. Or I could grab a new card with an intro offer of spend 1k in 3 months and get x back to really cut it down. Sure it'll hurt the age of history but I have over a 750 score anyway

irish921

New

Post by irish921 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:59 am

I'll throw a bone to Indian Lakes because I've had nothing but good experiences here. It's pretty nice, in a much more desirable part of town, and steps from a lot of retail crap. Very affordable for what you get.

Yes, it's much further out than a lot of complexes. But it's no more than a ten minute drive. And for someone who prefers to avoid the stress of the library during finals, it's well worth it to me. Very quiet too, I might add.

hamiltoniana

New

Post by hamiltoniana » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:01 pm

Hey all, contact me if you're 1) looking for a dirt-cheap South Bend sublet this summer or 2) are still looking for housing for next academic year, are interested in public interest work, and would like to live in community with other Domers across disciplines interested in living more deliberately and creating an environment that fosters preparation for public service!

The house up to be sublet and that houses the social justice community during the year is $375 a month in rent (substantially cheaper during the summer), with air conditioning, heat, washer/dryer, and a fully stocked kitchen, and it is fully furnished. There's one spot left for next academic year, so if you're intrigued and justice-minded, shoot me a message!

trimm

New

Post by trimm » Mon May 02, 2016 2:52 pm

Been over a week since the deposit deadline, anyone who is wait listed heard anything?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheCaliKid

New

Post by TheCaliKid » Wed May 04, 2016 4:43 pm

trimm wrote:Been over a week since the deposit deadline, anyone who is wait listed heard anything?
Last edited by TheCaliKid on Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawsheep

New

Post by lawsheep » Wed May 04, 2016 5:20 pm

TheCaliKid wrote:
trimm wrote:Been over a week since the deposit deadline, anyone who is wait listed heard anything?
Wondering the same thing. Has anybody on the wait list heard from admissions? Or just silence thus far?
+1 to the Silence.
They said they give a week grace period for deposit deadlines so it's possible they're still assessing waitlist possibilities. It would definitely be cool to hear though!

TheCaliKid

New

Post by TheCaliKid » Wed May 04, 2016 8:22 pm

lawsheep wrote:
TheCaliKid wrote:
Wondering the same thing. Has anybody on the wait list heard from admissions? Or just silence thus far?
+1 to the Silence.
They said they give a week grace period for deposit deadlines so it's possible they're still assessing waitlist possibilities. It would definitely be cool to hear though!
Haha I like the way you phrase it: 'the Silence.' Any other waitlisters care to chime in?

Mary4404

New

Post by Mary4404 » Fri May 06, 2016 8:17 pm

Long time wait lister here. Got accepted via email last Friday with a small scholarship! So there is hope! LSAT below 25th GPA above 75th

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ehhh

New

Post by ehhh » Fri May 06, 2016 8:33 pm

I never actually filled out the waitlist form, but I got an email from NDLS today asking about my interest in the school and wanting to schedule a call for next week. I'll be withdrawing my app, but to provide some context I'm below their 25th for GPA and above their 75th for LSAT.

lawsheep

New

Post by lawsheep » Sat May 07, 2016 12:29 am

Mary4404 wrote:Long time wait lister here. Got accepted via email last Friday with a small scholarship! So there is hope! LSAT below 25th GPA above 75th
Thanks for the update! So many congratulations!

TheCaliKid

New

Post by TheCaliKid » Sat May 07, 2016 10:35 am

Last edited by TheCaliKid on Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bill1995

New

Post by bill1995 » Mon May 09, 2016 12:58 pm

TheCaliKid wrote:
ehhh wrote:I never actually filled out the waitlist form, but I got an email from NDLS today asking about my interest in the school and wanting to schedule a call for next week. I'll be withdrawing my app, but to provide some context I'm below their 25th for GPA and above their 75th for LSAT.
Anybody else receive an email like this?
I got an email with the same thing last week, Gpa right below median, LSAT at median. They also asked for updated transcripts because my app didn't include fall 2015.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

WanyeKest

New

Post by WanyeKest » Wed May 11, 2016 12:11 am

Is a meal plan worth it? I saw that there was a grad meaI plan, have not gave it a look yet. I applied for a spot at Fischer, hoping to hear back soon. Although, I applied after the may 1st priority dline.

txaggie16

New

Post by txaggie16 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:24 pm

In off the waitlist, 75k total!

It's gonna be something to consider.

trimm

New

Post by trimm » Wed May 11, 2016 3:31 pm

Any wait listers who have been accepted; how long are they giving you to decide?

Effingham

Bronze

Post by Effingham » Wed May 11, 2016 4:22 pm

WanyeKest wrote:Is a meal plan worth it? I saw that there was a grad meaI plan, have not gave it a look yet. I applied for a spot at Fischer, hoping to hear back soon. Although, I applied after the may 1st priority dline.
Nah, I wouldn't bother.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Wed May 11, 2016 6:02 pm

WanyeKest wrote:Is a meal plan worth it? I saw that there was a grad meaI plan, have not gave it a look yet. I applied for a spot at Fischer, hoping to hear back soon. Although, I applied after the may 1st priority dline.
Yeah, I would not go with the meal plan. I seriously doubt you'll want to use it enough.

mu13ski

Bronze

Post by mu13ski » Thu May 12, 2016 8:37 pm

You'll likely get into Fischer. The grad meal plan sounds new. I don't remember that being available when I did it. Dining hall food is actually really good and one dining hall is really close to the law school. When I had the plan, I did lunch and dinner there most days. But the plan is pretty expensive from what I remember.

txaggie16

New

Post by txaggie16 » Fri May 13, 2016 7:11 pm

trimm wrote:Any wait listers who have been accepted; how long are they giving you to decide?
May 27th

lawlawloveme

New

Post by lawlawloveme » Fri May 13, 2016 9:59 pm

Checking in. I visited the school and spoke to L. Fleck. She said a few days after May 15 is when they will begin making the bulk of their offers, then finish up most of the offers after June 15. In terms of timing LOCI those are the dates I'm keeping in mind. ALSO, I have read that ND accepts a sizable portion of their incoming class through the waitlist. Here's to hoping it's TLSers :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Tue May 17, 2016 11:52 am

I want the meal plan bc convenience but it supposedly comes out to like $13 a meal so it isnt a very cost efficient route

trimm

New

Post by trimm » Fri May 20, 2016 4:12 pm

lawlawloveme wrote:Checking in. I visited the school and spoke to L. Fleck. She said a few days after May 15 is when they will begin making the bulk of their offers, then finish up most of the offers after June 15. In terms of timing LOCI those are the dates I'm keeping in mind. ALSO, I have read that ND accepts a sizable portion of their incoming class through the waitlist. Here's to hoping it's TLSers :D
I take it no movement this week then huh?

ND2018

New

Post by ND2018 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:27 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
Yeah, I would not go with the meal plan. I seriously doubt you'll want to use it enough.
I bought like 21 meals or something like that, it worked out great. It is super expensive per meal, but, If you save them up you can use them on dinners late in the semester when you want to stay at the library late. For me it was just one less thing to worry about during exams which was nice.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:42 pm

ND2018 wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
I bought like 21 meals or something like that, it worked out great. It is super expensive per meal, but, If you save them up you can use them on dinners late in the semester when you want to stay at the library late. For me it was just one less thing to worry about during exams which was nice.
Yeah, could see why that would be a good thing. I never ate at the dining hall. I just got Domer Dollars and used them at Lafortune whenever I wanted to eat on campus.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”