0L Gentlemen - C/O 2019 Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
alpha kenny body

Gold

Re: 0L Gentlemen - C/O 2019 Thread

Post by alpha kenny body » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:10 pm

I just started watching Narcos on Netflix..fireeeeee

EnderWiggin

Silver

Post by EnderWiggin » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:18 pm

Where my cigar city people at? Trying a Helles lager

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:20 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:Where my cigar city people at? Trying a Helles lager
Plenty of Cigar City enthusiasts. I like Jai Alai, Maduro, and Hunahpu.

EnderWiggin

Silver

Post by EnderWiggin » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:25 pm

fips tedora wrote:
I've had Jai Alai and the Maduro. Don't think this spot has Hunahpu but this lager isn't bad. Best thing to come out of Florida in some time

urbanist11

Silver

Post removed.

Post by urbanist11 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:39 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by urbanist11 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:01 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
I've had Jai Alai and the Maduro. Don't think this spot has Hunahpu but this lager isn't bad. Best thing to come out of Florida in some time
They're definitely the best in Florida, IMO. Funky Buddha isn't bad either.

The Abyss

Gold

Post by The Abyss » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:04 am

Narcos is great. Also Jai Alai is great if it is fresh. Jai Alai drops off a cliff after a month. You guys need to hit up some Creature Comforts from Athens, Ga. Tropicalia is amazing, so is Automatic (their APA), and they're about to can Koko Buni, their Coconut Chocolate Porter which is heavenly. Creature Comforts is the best brewery in the Southeast right now.

TheProdigal

Silver

Post by TheProdigal » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:34 am

Fellow Cigar City enthusiast checking in.

And heading to Athens after the Atlanta forum today. I'm seeing Creature Comforts is open to 8, now that's enticing.

180kickflip

Bronze

Post by 180kickflip » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:41 am

Generally wrote:Amazing, but these tend to always descend into sex with randos, binge drinking, and general broishness. Can it be actual gentlemenly, like suits, bourbon, steaks, cigars, and motorcycles?
I mess with the bikes a bit. Currently working on a 1979 Honda cx500 cafe racer project. Already Removed about 50 lbs. of unnecessary plastic, chrome, and accessories (who needs gauges?) to improve handling and give it a more old school look. Also gave it a Homemade solo seatpan that I upholstered myself+ switched the original bars for a set of modern clip-ons to give it a more aggressive lean.

Last thing I'm doing before I close shop for the winter is the exhaust. Plan is to Remove the original cross pope and mufflers to put on upswept straight pipes with removable baffles. End result should be similar to the wrenchmonkeys cx500 but less polished.

Once summer comes, I'll throw on the finishing touches and start working on the cigar and bourbon =)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Generally

Gold

Post removed.

Post by Generally » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:05 am

Post removed.
Last edited by Generally on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:44 pm

Generally wrote:
180kickflip wrote:
Generally wrote:Amazing, but these tend to always descend into sex with randos, binge drinking, and general broishness. Can it be actual gentlemenly, like suits, bourbon, steaks, cigars, and motorcycles?
I mess with the bikes a bit. Currently working on a 1979 Honda cx500 cafe racer project. Already Removed about 50 lbs. of unnecessary plastic, chrome, and accessories (who needs gauges?) to improve handling and give it a more old school look. Also gave it a Homemade solo seatpan that I upholstered myself+ switched the original bars for a set of modern clip-ons to give it a more aggressive lean.

Last thing I'm doing before I close shop for the winter is the exhaust. Plan is to Remove the original cross pope and mufflers to put on upswept straight pipes with removable baffles. End result should be similar to the wrenchmonkeys cx500 but less polished.

Once summer comes, I'll throw on the finishing touches and start working on the cigar and bourbon =)
This is why I want a garage so bad. I use to have a 1970 Chevy Nova, and I would tinker with it all the tame back in high school. Had to sell it when I went off to school and lack of garage has kept me from ever getting a project again. I have a 2002 Harley Sportster I ride, but I can only do basic stuff like oil changes and what not in the parking lot. Everything else I have to take it to the shop. Great bike though. I think I will take it out for a ride this weekend. Beautiful in Tennessee this time of year.
I'm considering getting a Harley. I'm finding myself getting out of the sport bike phase, although I love my Ducati 998. I was thinking about a street softtail.

TheProdigal

Silver

Post by TheProdigal » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:06 am

The Abyss wrote: You guys need to hit up some Creature Comforts from Athens, Ga. Tropicalia is amazing
Can confirm.

jumbocolumbo

Bronze

Post by jumbocolumbo » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:59 pm

I'm sitting here enjoying a glass of Eagle Rare and feeling gentlemanly. Cheers.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:58 pm

Where do you gentlemen believe yourselves to be attending?

Mine: Michigan, Northwestern, Cornell, Georgetown, WUSTL

TheProdigal

Silver

Post by TheProdigal » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:00 pm

fips tedora wrote:Where do you gentlemen believe yourselves to be attending?

Somewhere out of my present state is all I'm certain about at this point.

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:03 pm

TheProdigal wrote:

Somewhere out of my present state is all I'm certain about at this point.
Yeah, I wouldn't attend any of those schools either. I'd love to attend Northwestern, although at this present moment, I'm about 50/50. I think the February LSAT is in my cards.

Generally

Gold

Post by Generally » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:08 pm

You considering WUSTL much? I don't know how I feel about them. On the one hand $$$$$$$ on the other jobs :?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:12 pm

Generally wrote:

You considering WUSTL much? I don't know how I feel about them. On the one hand $$$$$$$ on the other jobs :?
Depending on how February goes, yes and no. I want to practice in Chicago, so that's somewhat of an advantage. Also too, WUSTL is known for grade inflation, and many TLSers have been able to transfer to T14 after 1L. The cost of living doesn't really affect me too much, yet that's a benefit. STL overall as a city....ehhhhh

Generally

Gold

Post by Generally » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:27 pm

fips tedora wrote:
Generally wrote:

Depending on how February goes, yes and no. I want to practice in Chicago, so that's somewhat of an advantage. Also too, WUSTL is known for grade inflation, and many TLSers have been able to transfer to T14 after 1L. The cost of living doesn't really affect me too much, yet that's a benefit. STL overall as a city....ehhhhh
But if you already have t14 you don't need to risk trying to transfer to one. I feel like any t14 would give you a better shot in Chicago. Cost of living and big scholarships are the only real plus I see, but that is a pretty big factor. Going to school for almost free is very tempting.

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:55 pm

Generally wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
Generally wrote:

But if you already have t14 you don't need to risk trying to transfer to one. I feel like any t14 would give you a better shot in Chicago. Cost of living and big scholarships are the only real plus I see, but that is a pretty big factor. Going to school for almost free is very tempting.
For sure. I'm not applying for aid, yet to have the money that was set aside for that purpose to get spent on other things (condo/new car/invest) would be so money.

law_dawg18

New

Post by law_dawg18 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:08 pm

TheProdigal wrote:
The Abyss wrote: You guys need to hit up some Creature Comforts from Athens, Ga. Tropicalia is amazing
Can confirm.
Creature Comforts is delicious. Athena changed the way I view beer. Also a big Terrapin fan, also out of Athens. Their new blood orange IPA is reeeeeeally good

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

amta

Platinum

Post removed...

Post by amta » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:50 pm

Post removed...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”